PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid X (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   Droid X pre-order from Best Buy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126644)

Veritech_910 06-25-2010 11:05 AM

Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

Just saw this......hurray!!! Starts today!

Motorola's Droid X up for pre-order today at Best Buy: $200, no pesky mail-in rebates -- Engadget

redd214 06-25-2010 11:18 AM

Re: Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

good news thank you!

question for anyone knowledgable, if purchased from bestbuy can verizons insurance be applied to the contract i start at a later date or does bb have an equivalent?

thanks in advance for anyone who knows

rolandroland 06-25-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1837013)
good news thank you!

question for anyone knowledgable, if purchased from bestbuy can verizons insurance be applied to the contract i start at a later date or does bb have an equivalent?

thanks in advance for anyone who knows

I believe you have 30 days from purchase to add insurance.

Adrianh85 06-25-2010 12:00 PM

i will only buy a new verizon device from verizon i get way better deals (i will pay $50 for droid x)

ronaldheld 06-25-2010 12:06 PM

Can you order it from customer service today?

microdot 06-25-2010 02:59 PM

wonder if best buy will honor the upgrade policy of verizon that lets you upgrade to droid x even if your contract is not up until later in the year

aamon17 06-26-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1837090)
i will only buy a new verizon device from verizon i get way better deals (i will pay $50 for droid x)

Pray tell! I'm at my new every two, so that get's me down to $99.
Anything else I should know, that you can share?

brandogg 06-26-2010 12:13 PM

I wonder if this will also allow you to upgrade early, since Verizon is letting people do it in-store and online.

aamon17 06-26-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandogg (Post 1838857)
I wonder if this will also allow you to upgrade early, since Verizon is letting people do it in-store and online.

I called my local store. They are taking all upgrades within the calendar year. They ARE NOT honoring the New Every Two Upgrade Discounts at all. . . So, I can get the Droid X @ $199 from Best Buy and hold my NE2 discount for WP7 this Winter. OR I can try to get the Droid X on 7/15 from VZW for $99 (and wait for the rebate card).

Choices . . .

cdmoore74 06-26-2010 06:42 PM

Just got back from one of the surrounding best buys to pre-order. I'm number 3 on the list. While the size of the phone might not be for everyone I really like how the the demo EVO 4g felt in my hands. I find myself mistyping all the time on the moto droid but not so with the evo. And after seeing some benchmarks with the evo, droid x and nexus the droid x really kicked evo's butt. Froyo once released (or once the x is rooted) should make it the fastest stock android set out there; before another monster is released anyway. Nice to see moto officially back in the hunt.