PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Saw This *DROOL*

Wow some really off topic stuff here
So I'll add to it! HA HA
Doesn't Verizon Internet already cap their customers?
If that's the case, what's to say that they wouldn't implement this to their wireless?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I used some major bandwidth from VZW and never got a letter or call or text from anyone about it.

AT&T is making a very bad move IMO. If their network cannot handle the iPhone and traffic it generates then they need to quit selling it or upgrade thier hardware.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

like i posted before 98% of at&t's customers dont go over 2gb a month so how exactly is that a bad move?! passing savings onto 98% of your customers seems pretty smart to me. now personally i fall into the 2% so it would suck for me, but from a business standpoint its very intelligent
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

I have s question that may be a simple question for regular android users, I am considering jumping into the Droid x but i was wondering if once the device is rooted will it be possible for Android Sense be added or cooked into a rom to work on this device? I ask because I love HTC Sense version on Sprint EVO, now I may be using the wrong phrases because I haven't got into Android yet but I hope my question is clear...

Also I was wondering if the difference in resolutions of screen on Droid X compared to other Android devices limit compatible software for device?

Last edited by Wildman; 07-01-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ronaldheld is just getting started

Wait not that long from the 15th and there will be rooting instructions for the X.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i highly doubt htc sense will even be fully functional on the x. it was ported the the original droid and didnt work to well from what i recall. however there are enough widgets, themes, tweaks t make it damn near look exactly like sense though main thing you would be missing would be the htc widgets
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i highly doubt htc sense will even be fully functional on the x. it was ported the the original droid and didnt work to well from what i recall. however there are enough widgets, themes, tweaks t make it damn near look exactly like sense though main thing you would be missing would be the htc widgets
Would the device have to be rooted to do this or is this something I can just downloaded from the android market and if so can you suggest some options? I will be new to android after using WM for about 8 years and Im a noob to the Android game.

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It would have to be rooted to try and port Sense to the Droid X. Trying different programs to make it look similar can be done with no root. If a theme is what you want then you will need to be rooted.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
It would have to be rooted to try and port Sense to the Droid X. Trying different programs to make it look similar can be done with no root. If a theme is what you want then you will need to be rooted.
Thanks Blaze, didn't know you moved to a Android also, good to know you still in the game because I really enjoyed your work when I had me Omnia.. Well I really don't know anything about what apps to use to achieve even a close look but I plan to look into possibly going the route of unrooted until I understand Android more..

Last edited by Wildman; 07-03-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

This phone does look awesome. Except that htc sense makes the evo better. Motoblur isn't that great. I used my friends droid and it was ok. Maybe the faster processor will make motoblur better but ill stick with htc sense anytime. By the time evo gets replaced my 1 year premier member discount will be in effect. But I have to admit this phone looks nice.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X