PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot (THIS WILL NOT WORK ON LATER VERSION FROYO (USE Z4ROOT)

Here is link to 1 Click Root/Unroot Tool

http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&t=553

I tested this on my Win7 64bit machine and worked fine

plugged in droid x and set to pc mode
installed the motorola drivers
made sure USB debugging is enabled
Clicked Root
and had to toggle bluetooth and press continue at same time...

This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot

Glad to see you didn't have to wait long to get your X! I just did this myself and am now successfully rooted.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This works perfectly, I now have a working wireless tether again..

~John
Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
main reason I wanted root too...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
main reason I wanted root too...
That & giving superuser access to MyBackUp Pro where the only things I really needed it for right at this moment.

~John
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
never mind

Last edited by Padron26; 07-28-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

ronaldheld is just getting started

Good news that it is so easy to root the X.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am sure Big Red will fix this like Sprint did on update last month. Too easy to root.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
Glad to see you didn't have to wait long to get your X! I just did this myself and am now successfully rooted.
Wow this looks awesome, and super easy. Will it work on both the Droid X and the Droid 2 when it comes out in a couple weeks?

I've always had a WinMo phone, and been with the Touch Pro 2 for about a year now, and always custom install ROMs like Mighty ROM etc, so I've never 'rooted' before. From what I understand, Rooting allows things that Verizon tried to disable, like wireless tethering to internet devices - but I thought the Droid X came with built in native 3G hotspot sharing?

Are there any other admin privileges rooting allows us to take advantage of, or a link where I can read up about it, since I'm 99.9% intent on upgrading to an Android phone in the next couple weeks? THANKS!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

3g hotspot did come on the phone, but it also comes with a $20 fee on top of your $30 data plan,

Rooting allows fee-less wifi tethering, screen shot apps, and a whole host of root only programs that are availble for use only by rooted devices.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development