PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X
Carrier: Verizon

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot

On the SMS check out Handcent SMS in the marketplace. This was one of the first apps I added and it is amazing for SMS. You can have a new text show up right on your screen as it comes in and even wake your phone to see it. You can set reminders so if you have not seen a text it will alert you again. One of the best apps I have added on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmueller View Post
On the SMS check out Handcent SMS in the marketplace. This was one of the first apps I added and it is amazing for SMS. You can have a new text show up right on your screen as it comes in and even wake your phone to see it. You can set reminders so if you have not seen a text it will alert you again. One of the best apps I have added on my phone.
Cool I'll have to do this, sounds more user friendly than the other one
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Will this work on an HTC Hero from Alltel(CDMA)? I want to get one and am holding back bc my TP2 has internet sharing with wifi and I like it! Any ideas on how to root a CDMA phone???
Old 08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

hand cent is awesome, I installed it recently and I absolutely love it.

I would recommend that anybody who does a lot of text ing install it immediately.

JOHN
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey31545 View Post
Will this work on an HTC Hero from Alltel(CDMA)? I want to get one and am holding back bc my TP2 has internet sharing with wifi and I like it! Any ideas on how to root a CDMA phone???
Rooting programs are unique to the device they were designed for. Not unlike the HSPL Unlockers for the TP2, there is a version (if developed) for every specific type of Android device. You should not use this on a hero.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Just wanna say i just rooted my new DX.

THX to everyone out there who helps
Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

cyberhern is just getting started

[/QUOTE]
Thank you BIG! For everything you did with the TP2 and the root-er link. You are the best ... and the reason I've given Droid a try. Sow Far very very pleased
Glad Moto was able to get around the Exchange/Linux barrier. DX has the Best screen ever! Done the 2.2 cant wait to see what else you have in store for us.
But I still have my TP2, are you done with the tp2?

Best Exchange & great price! Push & Aliases Click: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=346153

Last edited by cyberhern; 09-25-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon

bgardner15 is a n00b

Can't wait, I get my droid x today yah baby.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X > Moto Droid X Development