PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid RAZR (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406)
-   -   Motorolla RAZR official, arriving early November (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147525)

Riley 10-15-2011 10:13 AM

Motorolla RAZR official, arriving early November

Motorola teaser counts down to ICS event date, ends a few hours early (video) -- Engadget

Another high end smartphone coming to Verizon.

more to follow on Oct 18th but here are some good pics of the RAZR.

http://pocketnow.com/android/motorol...revealed-image

Riley 10-20-2011 08:30 PM

Re: Motorolla RAZR official, arriving early November

Here is complete run down of the specs:

MOTODEV > Products > DROID RAZRā„¢ by Motorola, XT912

Also, a cool video of it. I like this device. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyp6dS6zqk

LouieH 10-21-2011 01:34 AM

I'm a little more excited about this one than the Galaxy for Verizon! Don't really care about the differences between a 5mp and an 8mp camera. As I understand the Razr will get ICS. And who needs a barometer in their phone? I think I've just made up my mind.

I will have to sell this iPhone 4S (16gb)...

Riley 10-21-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieH (Post 2151408)
I'm a little more excited about this one than the Galaxy for Verizon! Don't really care about the differences between a 5mp and an 8mp camera. As I understand the Razr will get ICS. And who needs a barometer in their phone? I think I've just made up my mind.

I will have to sell this iPhone 4S (16gb)...

its going to be a tough call for many Verizon customers. Agreed on the the camera thing and ICS. I still think the Galaxy Nexus should have been an 8mp one simply for marketing purposes. One good question that I've seen regarding the RAZR is what to do when the phone locks up? Since you can not take out the battery on it how can you reset it? Seems like this may be an issue.

LouieH 10-21-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2151509)
its going to be a tough call for many Verizon customers. Agreed on the the camera thing and ICS. I still think the Galaxy Nexus should have been an 8mp one simply for marketing purposes. One good question that I've seen regarding the RAZR is what to do when the phone locks up? Since you can not take out the battery on it how can you reset it? Seems like this may be an issue.

That is a very good point, that's a possible deal breaker. Damn it, I will have to think long and hard on this one.

Riley 10-23-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieH (Post 2151583)
That is a very good point, that's a possible deal breaker. Damn it, I will have to think long and hard on this one.

its an interesting question, I guess something that Verizon would need to answer. I'm still pretty interested in the RAZR. Going to check it out for sure. :)

fixxxer2012 10-23-2011 09:59 PM

im passing on this and the verizon nexus. ill be getting the htc vigor.

LouieH 11-11-2011 06:15 PM

Alright, I got mine yesterday. It's wide and tall but it's thin and light. Feels like a well built phone, feels great in the hand (mine are very big) and good in the pocket too. its quick and the display is crisp. As far as battery life goes, at 9am full charge and after a day of moderate use i'm at 15% and its only 4:30pm.

I'm just happy to be back with Andriod. But, this one is not a keeper for me. On 14th day i will trade this one up for whatever comes first.

fixxxer2012 11-12-2011 12:50 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.145728) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Get the htc rezound.

Riley 11-12-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieH (Post 2155257)
Alright, I got mine yesterday. It's wide and tall but it's thin and light. Feels like a well built phone, feels great in the hand (mine are very big) and good in the pocket too. its quick and the display is crisp. As far as battery life goes, at 9am full charge and after a day of moderate use i'm at 15% and its only 4:30pm.

I'm just happy to be back with Andriod. But, this one is not a keeper for me. On 14th day i will trade this one up for whatever comes first.

got one too. I agree with your assessment. A bit tall for sure. But very thin and well made. Still may check out the nexus or rezound. Rezound to me is just too fat and heavy. Its like they just keep putting out the same device with slightly better specs but I do like HTC so time will tell.