PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid RAZR
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Trust me the rezound will be a great phone.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Motorolla RAZR official, arriving early November

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieH View Post
I'm a little more excited about this one than the Galaxy for Verizon! Don't really care about the differences between a 5mp and an 8mp camera. As I understand the Razr will get ICS. And who needs a barometer in their phone? I think I've just made up my mind.
From Google's statement, the barometer is to get better GPS readings and I think the bionic has one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
its going to be a tough call for many Verizon customers. Agreed on the the camera thing and ICS. I still think the Galaxy Nexus should have been an 8mp one simply for marketing purposes. One good question that I've seen regarding the RAZR is what to do when the phone locks up? Since you can not take out the battery on it how can you reset it? Seems like this may be an issue.

I don't think they had a choice on the MP, what makes the camera stand out over the others is the no shutter aka instant photos. So its good for people who want to capture the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
got one too. I agree with your assessment. A bit tall for sure. But very thin and well made. Still may check out the nexus or rezound. Rezound to me is just too fat and heavy. Its like they just keep putting out the same device with slightly better specs but I do like HTC so time will tell.

And yes, that is exactly what HTC does.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

update and some thoughts on the RAZR:

Mixed bag of results with the RAZR. Very nice fit and finish. UI is pretty clean overall and very fast device with zero lag. Haven't tried any 3rd party launchers yet like Lpro which should be even better. Screen is very good but not as bright/vibrant as the galaxys2 but still better than Evo. Screen is very good overall imo. Camera is not as good as I hoped but very fast (virtually no lag) so that's cool. Just noticed the camera was set to a lower mp so raised that which helped. Also touch to focus also improved it. Battery has not been very good but should improve with a few charges but without the ability to change out the battery may present an issue for some.

Biggest challenge for me is data. When it's working it's very quick. Sometimes the phone will lose all data connection for no apparent reason. Almost like the transition to 3g is slow but not sure. Happened a lot in the first couple days but luckily not once today so crossing fingers. This is very frustrating especially if you want to look something up and have no network. Not sure what the deal is but apparently this is an ongoing issue with LTE devices on Verizon according to the forum comments I've noticed. Seems like it effects some people a lot and others not so much. I am going to keep an eye on it today. So far it hasn't disconnected at all so that's good. lol. Also was told it may take a few days for everything to properly work due to porting the number. Not sure though and will decide this week if I'm staying or going. Next stop may end up being the Rezound, or SG2/ SG2 Skyrocket on ATT. I will update over the week with further thoughts.

edit: RAZR was descent but I returned it. The data disconnect issues were too prevalent especially is fridge lte areas. Problem is transition to 3g was very poor on it. Also the camera was below average. fast to take pics but the result was often out of focus. Evo has a better camera which surprised me, at least quality of pics were better. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Last edited by Riley; 11-16-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

apparently my issue with data was not a concidence. check this out:

Motorola Getting Users to Help Test Bionic Bugfix Update

Even though it's a Bionic story, clearly this tells me they have issues with these devices. Especially in areas where 4g signal becomes weak and data just turns off completely. This is what happened to me with the RAZR. Looks like they are on it so a fix is coming but 60 days is too long. Plus wonder if they figured out the RAZR is having the same problem.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Man its been a while since I last posted on here!!!! To speak on the RAZR, I am actually now a MOTO rep and am hearing they are testing the data issues with Verizon. Its supposedly a software issue that can be easily resolved so once I get my test build I will get you an update!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
Man its been a while since I last posted on here!!!! To speak on the RAZR, I am actually now a MOTO rep and am hearing they are testing the data issues with Verizon. Its supposedly a software issue that can be easily resolved so once I get my test build I will get you an update!
What's up Bro. Good to see you and to hear they are looking into this. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sure am glad that I wasn't an early adopter on the Razr.

Any updates on the data stream dropping?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid RAZR