PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid RAZR > Moto Droid RAZR Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T

great2c4me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Razr, glitchy, freezes & crashes

This is not what I'd expect from the all hyped droid razr. I've had the phone for a few weeks now and have experienced it more than a few times. Of course I'd expect a reboot from time to time, but I've never had to reboot my EVO 4G like I do. fast? what's the use if it continues to freeze on crash using youtube app, or pandora.
it's prompting me for an update, and I am hesitant cause when I updated my evo to android 2.3.5, it feels like I lost a whole lot more that I gained. I don't want that to happen again. perhaps that is why I am forum surfing to see what I can find on what this new update is supposed to do. I bought the phone on 2/15 from wireless.amazon.com for $99. pretty good deal.
OK so let's hear it all.
(I'd hop onto XDAforum's but it seems like they cater international equations , rather than stateside. I think there's probably a profound difference in android platforms.)
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Saw information about the update here: http://mobile.theverge.com/android/2012/2/7/2782056/motorola-droid-razr-maxx-android-update-4g-performance-bug-fix
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Razr, glitchy, freezes & crashes

Hi Great,

I too came from the EVO and sprint but my experience is the opposite of yours. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to the EVO. However, most of that is due in part to sprint and their total lack of 4G in Knoxville TN.

From a phone perspective, I was getting about 10 hours at best of battery life from my EVO with regular use - sometimes much less - and have been getting 36+ hours on the Razr Maxx. The EVO seemed to run most of my apps without any problems, freezes or crashes and I did like the screen brightness.

The Maxx plays youtube, pandora and slacker fine for me without freezing or crashing. Could it possibly be a network issue for you?

The only problem I have had with any app freezes has been with klondike solitaire which seems to have an awful lot of pauses which it did not have on the EVO.

I check here from time to time and it seems like this discussion forum is not that active for the Razr.

You may also want to check your tasks and see which are running in the background that can be killed. Seems like there are several that pop up from time to time that use a lot of memory and cpu that I kill and speed things up.

Not to steer anyone away from PPCG, there are a few other forums that I frequent for the RAZR that have been much more active.

Droid RAZR Forum

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Android Forums

Portal - DroidRzr.com

Hope that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid RAZR > Moto Droid RAZR Development

Tags
freeze&crash razr xt912