PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   04/2011 Droid 2 Cricket Full Flash w/ Files-Latest CricKet PRL + Full Flash- (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140372)

mauriciodg87 01-30-2011 05:36 AM

04/2011 Droid 2 Cricket Full Flash w/ Files-Latest CricKet PRL + Full Flash-

2 Attachment(s)
Heyy, whats up, I recently flashed a Verizon Droid 2, upgrading from a Touch Pro 2. I just wanted to share a tutorial that helped me, How to flash Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo to cricKet - MyRootedAndroid - everything works, the original post #1 is a bit outdated (talk/text work but internet does not), so this will save you a few hours.

-Updates - NO NEED FOR MANUAL ROOTING, look for XDA's 123 quick root

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

- No need to replace ROM, using Stock VZW Rom.

- PRL is different "49027" Needed 3G( Attached ) ( Change extension to .PRL )
-----

Pretty Much do everything as #1 & #2 Post, exept Rooting, PRL File. You don't need to use "alternative ending", ohh one more thing, I added post #138 & #139 in that thread after finishing flashing, check out for extra info.

Final thoughts - Great phone for cricket on $55 Android plan it works very fast, faster thank a HTC Touch Pro 2 with Broadband Hack. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

EDIT - -

02-02-2011

It seems the link I posted is down and has been for the last 3 days, luckily I had a cached versoin of the paged saved into a word file, Im attaching a .ZIP ( Droid2Cricket) file with doRootAndroid ( one click root ) & the guide from that broken link -)( Kryptonit3's ) --- Hope this helps and thank me if it does!!! Peace

DONT FORGET TO THANK! --------------------------------------------------->
.................................................. .................................................. ......|
.................................................. .................................................. ..... |
.................................................. .................................................. ......|
---------------------------
.................................................. .................................................. ............................................|
.................................................. .................................................. ........................................... |
.................................................. .................................................. ............................................|
.................................................. .................................................. ........................................... V.

henryshannon 01-30-2011 10:59 AM

Re: Droid 2 Cricket Full Flash w/ Files

u r a lifesaver man., i needed that prl 1.5mbps great

mauriciodg87 02-03-2011 06:40 PM

No problem man, that damn PRL was nowhere online ! I had to email some dude for that. Peace

jzd5032 02-09-2011 07:03 AM

hey, i just rooted the droid 2 and want to flash to cricket. That droid2cricket.zip link... is that the cricket flash?

mauriciodg87 02-10-2011 02:40 PM

Follow the guide!!!!! pay attention if this is the first time you are doing this, :laughing3:

tmac65 02-10-2011 10:40 PM

Can someone plz give me a link to download a cdma workshop. I cant find it anywhere

Ifeelnopain001 02-14-2011 07:38 PM

The link is down.. =( Anyone help? Plezzz. Hehe

Ifeelnopain001 02-15-2011 12:38 AM

Hey can you tell us how you flashed without having to install custom rom please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauriciodg87 (Post 2047690)
Heyy, whats up, I recently flashed a Verizon Droid 2, upgrading from a Touch Pro 2. I just wanted to share a tutorial that helped me, How to flash Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo to cricKet - MyRootedAndroid - everything works, the original post #1 is a bit outdated (talk/text work but internet does not), so this will save you a few hours.

-Updates - NO NEED FOR MANUAL ROOTING, look for XDA's 123 quick root

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

- No need to replace ROM, using Stock VZW Rom.

- PRL is different "49027" Needed 3G( Attached ) ( Change extension to .PRL )
-----

Pretty Much do everything as #1 & #2 Post, exept Rooting, PRL File. You don't need to use "alternative ending", ohh one more thing, I added post #138 & #139 in that thread after finishing flashing, check out for extra info.

Final thoughts - Great phone for cricket on $55 Android plan it works very fast, faster thank a HTC Touch Pro 2 with Broadband Hack. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

EDIT - -

02-02-2011

It seems the link I posted is down and has been for the last 3 days, luckily I had a cached versoin of the paged saved into a word file, Im attaching a .ZIP ( Droid2Cricket) file with doRootAndroid ( one click root ) & the guide from that broken link -)( Kryptonit3's ) --- Hope this helps and thank me if it does!!! Peace

mauriciodg87 02-19-2011 09:31 AM

There is no need to flash a custom ROM, however I recommend replacing it after you get your phone working with cricKet - I used verizon's stock for about a week, but I found this Liberty ROM which is great

Liberty ROM 1.5 Released for DROID X/2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

, fast, good battery life and eye candy, highly recommend it. Ohh one more cool thing......after you get verizon's stock rom working, when you flash to a new rom there is no need to ajust APNs or anything, 3G works right after you flash it....pretty cool huh, One more tool I would recomment is TITANIUM BACKUP makes upgrading to a new rom MUCH easier....:headbang::headbang:

mauriciodg87 02-19-2011 09:33 AM

If you can't fin any of the programs ( CDMA Workshop etc etc ) filecrop.com is your friend ;) peacee