PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My droid 2 is on the way

Pretty excited. I was leaning toward incredible, until I actually looked at some comparisons between the two. The 8mp camera is not that important to me. I have a nice digital cam for pictures. And I miss the physical keyboard from my touch pro since going to the Eris.

The last few years of my phone experience

apache > bb pearl - back to apache > tp1 > eris > droid 2

Any droid 2 newbie advice? Must have apps, tweaks, etc?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: My droid 2 is on the way

Loving the phone!

Used it for a day before rooting and loading fission. I don't miss the blur crap at all. I'm not much on social networking, and it didn't seem to serve much purpose other than that.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what did you notice the most after installing fission, just wondering. im thinking about upgrading a 2nd line with the droid 2
Old 11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

There's an online store that I got the hookup, and they told me to tell my friends... I can get you the Droid 2 for $9.99. I know its hard to believe, but its true! Plus, a 15% discount off your monthly bill. Message me.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron26 View Post
what did you notice the most after installing fission, just wondering. im thinking about upgrading a 2nd line with the droid 2
Mostly i notice the lack of blur-ness

Most the blur features are useless to me, as they focus on a lot of social networking that I simply don't use. If I do want to, there are plenty of apps in the market to do so, I don't need it integrated into the OS.

Currently running fission 2.2.2, and it's smoother and faster than the motoblur version, as well as being more customizable. Root allows you to use wireless tether as well, which was a huge plus for me.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dayusmc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
Mostly i notice the lack of blur-ness

Most the blur features are useless to me, as they focus on a lot of social networking that I simply don't use. If I do want to, there are plenty of apps in the market to do so, I don't need it integrated into the OS.

Currently running fission 2.2.2, and it's smoother and faster than the motoblur version, as well as being more customizable. Root allows you to use wireless tether as well, which was a huge plus for me.
I have been on the forum for awhile, this is my first post. OK, here it is. I first got a Motorola Droid- love it. But then I got a HTC incredible, battery died way to quick. Do I now have a Droid 2- not happy with Blur crap. I still have all 3 phone and I think I want to root one of them to get it the way I want it. I really cant find anything on how to root the droid 2 except this post. How did you root it. One big thing I liked about the droid 1 was the ability to sort my contacts by last name first. Does your new rom do that? thanks for the info!
-Semper Fi
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

hey guys, just throwing this out there... I know how awesome the Droid 2 is...but did you know the Droid 2 global has a faster processor? I found a great deal on a few for $79.99..going for a short time... not refurbished..BRAND NEW. through a company i do business with..they're extending out the discount...if you want it.. let me know, I'll have to PM the code to you.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
I have been on the forum for awhile, this is my first post. OK, here it is. I first got a Motorola Droid- love it. But then I got a HTC incredible, battery died way to quick. Do I now have a Droid 2- not happy with Blur crap. I still have all 3 phone and I think I want to root one of them to get it the way I want it. I really cant find anything on how to root the droid 2 except this post. How did you root it. One big thing I liked about the droid 1 was the ability to sort my contacts by last name first. Does your new rom do that? thanks for the info!
-Semper Fi
Sorry man, haven't been spending much time on PPCG since getting the droid 2. Sign up over at xdadevelopers. There's an active D2 forum, instructions and files for one click rooting, and several blurless roms floating around.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2