PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Legacy Motorola Android Devices > Moto Atrix 4G

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you get this phone?
Yes!!! 12 63.16%
No, ill wait for something better. 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who all is coming to Atrix? Chefs and users Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
There are actually a slew of Tegra 2 phones around the corner. Optimus 2x, driod bionic Both of witch are on verizon and a few other unamed. But it looks like motorola got their hands wet first. HTC looks like its sticking with qualcom as its introducing its thunderbolt powered by a 1GHz chip by qualcom.

I did a bit of research and Moto and HTC both claim to have 2Ghz phones out by year end. Im assuming it will be qualcom chip considering Nvidia's leaked roadmap...(unless Nvidia changed gears)
NVIDIA roadmap reveals Tegra 2 3D, Tegra 3 | BGR | Boy Genius Report

This year and definately the next should be very very interesting and exciting. I mean com'on Quadcores in phones/tablets/cars.... what could possibly be next? Nanoelectronics? cough*cough* yup....

umm..there is no 2ghz qualcomm chip..they just calling the dual cores that are 1ghz + 1ghz = 2ghz >.>

That said Atrix > Bionic, Thunderbolt, Optimus 2X

Right now the Atrix is the best thing since sliced bread...just as long as Motorola doesn't pull out another efuse gimick...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
umm..there is no 2ghz qualcomm chip..they just calling the dual cores that are 1ghz + 1ghz = 2ghz >.>

That said Atrix > Bionic, Thunderbolt, Optimus 2X

Right now the Atrix is the best thing since sliced bread...just as long as Motorola doesn't pull out another efuse gimick...
Yeah your probably right... I hate it when they do that crap.

And I agree Atrix pwns.
Unless some awesome tablet hits. Atrix will be in my pocket.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

'Uninformed people need to learn a few things....' - Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) user review and rating - CNET Reviews

lol im sure some of you PPCers know of Cnet and that one chick, Bonnie Cha . (I think thats how u spell her name.) and how very bias she is towards the iphone. In every review ive seen she mentions how the phone that she is reviewing doesn't have a certain feature which the iphone does.

Well this dude writes his own review of the phone and criticizes her review of the Atrix.
Very well put together review that comments on the Atrix "flaws" and its what should have been on Cnet. Cheers.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

No slide out QWERTY = NO LOVE.

All I want is a Dual Core 4" like the Epic 4G.

What REAL confirmation do we have that the Bionic has 512g as compared to the 1g of the Atrix?
I find it hard to accept that 2 identical phones from Moto would have different RAMs.

Will we be able to ADD Ram to either the Atrix or the Bionic?

Last edited by tt C6; 02-19-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
im sure some of you PPCers know of Cnet and that one chick, Bonnie Cha . (I think thats how u spell her name.) and how very bias she is towards the iphone. .
Cnet is biased to people who can't speak English without some sort of speech issue.
It is REALLY annyoning and Cnet has to do something about it.
Is it so hard to find ONE person on staff that has a clear voice with English as their 1st language ????

I speak Spanish, but I wouldn't agree to record any commentary in Spanish.

PS
Bonnie seems sweet, but is biased towards dessert as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Check radio shack, they're going to have it for $149.99, no rebate to deal with!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post

PS
Bonnie seems sweet, but is biased towards dessert as well.
I 'd . And yes Cnet is dumb.

I would like a Qwerty but I honestly dont use my TP2's unless im in a browser. However with the pixels/in I think I wont have an issue with using the onscreen Keyboard. All the specs fit so I'm going for it.

Radio shack is selling it for 150. I am due an upgrade so Im not sure how or if radio shack can do that for me but I'm definitely going to try to save that $50

Last edited by xTSFx; 02-21-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I've been thinking about this, but I have the Nexus One (which I still love) and a Surround. My biggest hesitation is MotoBlur. I want to see what people say about reception too.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

My brother dropped by a few nights ago and had the Atrix and after I played with for a few hours, I must say impressed. Its pretty faster than my Evo, but that evident based specifications. Its still has limitations due to android os like no copy and paste in gmail email client that's weird. Just small things that I can the say the iphone does. In the process of rooting it tonight, we just confirmation that wireless tethering is guaranteed.

But this ppc is awesome.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

info...you need to pm me!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Legacy Motorola Android Devices > Moto Atrix 4G