PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   North America Weather Database V5 Manila (10-16-09) *Weather is fixed* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81108)

conflipper 08-25-2009 11:39 PM

North America Weather Database V5 Manila (10-16-09) *Weather is fixed*

Here is a weather database that contains every USA city, some Canada, and some Mexico. Plus it has every Stock HTC City. Every city has correct Timezone info has well. overall this has over 33,000 cities in there.

I have also routed everything through my site, and updated N2A script a little, converted everything to Fahrenheit to make it more accurate, and a few other smaller changes.

This will also have your correct timezone info for your state and everything else, it works great, and does not have the timezone bug, that has been on some users.

It will work on all V2.x manila files, on all resolution,

Right now picking world clock is a pain, I plan to expand that and make it easier, I just want to get this out there and get a feel for how its working.

Second issue is it can be slow to load at times, that is because its so many cities, this will be fixed in future has well.

Download here V1 8-25-09
Download Here V2 8-27-09
Download Here V3 9-2-2009

DOWNLOAD HERE V4 9-21-09

WEATHER FIX

Version 5 with HTC Default Plus all WorldWide Cities

This weather fix will change the URL path, and direct it to a new site, I also changed V4 to new URL link, and so all versions prior to V4 will not work, without the weather fix cab.

Instructions

Install cab, restart device, enjoy your weather

ROADMAP

V 0.1 (North America)
V 0.2 (Expand Canada)
V 0.3 (New Manila Page)
V 0.4 (Expand to other countries)

THANKS TO N2A, GhettofreeRyder, and many others

HTML Code:

10-16-09
I added in all HTC Default Cities, I also have everything split down, so Texas and France are each considered a state. just a head up on that.

9-2-09
changed server script so that it will now allow Canadian postal codes.
Added 5000 canadian cities into database
Redid california, some cities were wrong, should be all fixed now.
*please visit accuweather for all your weather needs*
*Canadian Providence are listed along with the states, so look there to find it*

8-27-09
Changes I made today, are converted States to countires, and took out the rest of Worldwide sities, so this is ONLY North America. it speeds up the time for everything right now.

coldheat06 08-25-2009 11:49 PM

Re: North America Weather Database V2 Manila (8-25-09)

Thanks Conflipper!!! As always you are on top of things!!

bikeandestroyx 08-25-2009 11:51 PM

awesome ive been using the other version, but this is even better!
great job as always conn

conflipper 08-25-2009 11:54 PM

i have had this since like june, but spend last 2 days perfecting it.

its big, and messy, but its first one, i have the basics, down and all databases saved, so i can get newer versions out faster now.

echomatics 08-26-2009 12:56 AM

Great stuff! Thanks for the work conflipper :D

appzattak 08-26-2009 01:01 AM

can it be uninstalled?

conflipper 08-26-2009 01:07 AM

yes, it can be uninstalled, and then old databased will be placed in there.

Working on different version right now, cut out Worldwide cities, and added states has countries, it will make finding stuff easier.

and for those that will want a city from around the world, you can pick the first one, for those that done care, and just want USA you can have that has well

t0mmyr 08-26-2009 04:10 AM

wow, awesome, thanks for sharing this, do u plan to release an oem for the good chefs here? that would be nice.

as always i appreciate everything you bring us, got any new hermann leaks we can go crazy over? radios? ROM dumps, stuff dreams are made with...

rstoyguy 08-26-2009 08:00 AM

Moved to Manilla / TF3D Tweaks.

tsperez 08-27-2009 01:28 AM

Conflipper, I installed this with no problems but now my hometown weather is off. At 78572 it is normally over 100 degrees or on a cool day like today it was 98. Even right now at midnight it is 82. After your file today's high was about 87. Right now it says 78 (actual 82) and the low it states 74 (no way it'll get to 74 tonight).

What could be wrong?

tsp
Edit: I uninstalled this program/file and tried to set my city with the weather master program but I get an error about trying to write to a read only file. I found two weather files that I removed the read only state (one was archive). One file was in Windows and the other in program files.

How do I fix this system or how do I get back to normal on my phone without having to do a hard reset?

Thanks again.

conflipper 08-27-2009 04:53 PM

Re: North America Weather Database V2 Manila (8-27-09)

Updated cab is posted, this sorts out states now, but deleted the Worldwide cites, works faster, but if you want to track World Wide Cities it wont work very good.

For USA only, this one will be great.

Also fixed your zip code issue, sorry i had the wrong one in there. there might be a few others in there, dealing with this many cities its hard to keep track.

tsperez 08-27-2009 05:08 PM

Thanks!!! Will test it out right now.

tsp

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1125306)
Updated cab is posted, this sorts out states now, but deleted the Worldwide cites, works faster, but if you want to track World Wide Cities it wont work very good.

Also fixed your zip code issue, sorry i had the wrong one in there. there might be a few others in there, dealing with this many cities its hard to keep track.

skruff77 08-27-2009 05:20 PM

very nice work

JAVIERBOND007 08-27-2009 05:28 PM

Wow, very good job i am using it as we speak, i was looking for this for a while,thanks again for this great work.

tsperez 08-27-2009 05:37 PM

Conflipper,
When I select my city "Mission" it shows "Mirando City" which is the city listed before "Mission". Selecting "Miranda City" shows "Miranda City".

BTW, Mission is in Texas with zip code 78572.

TIA,
tsp
PS: Is there a way to edit the file?

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1125306)

conflipper 08-27-2009 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
open the file up in SQLlite and edit it that way

something in Texas is messed up, give me a second.

Test that one and see if it works proper, if you could, Thanks.

appzattak 08-27-2009 07:37 PM

So before I installed this, I used to see the current weather in the calender when I clicked on today's date. Now it's not there. Would this have broke it?

conflipper 08-27-2009 07:44 PM

nope, the only thing this does is replace the database, it is the exact same format with everything, all of HTC standards, unless they are returning something else back via xml, i guess i would have to look into it more, i never noticed weather in there in calendar.

if someone can confirm this is true, i will start to tweak from their then, just need to confirm.

appzattak 08-27-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1125572)
nope, the only thing this does is replace the database, it is the exact same format with everything, all of HTC standards, unless they are returning something else back via xml, i guess i would have to look into it more, i never noticed weather in there in calendar.

if someone can confirm this is true, i will start to tweak from their then, just need to confirm.

Well I started second guessing myself, but I found out I was not dreaming. It was defiantly there yesterday, before I installed your database. Look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8805

Also, what I did when I installed your database was add 4 cities, normaly I had only 1. Since I have uninstalled yours and tried with the stock one and still nothing. I installed yours back and only added one city, and nothing. So seems something broke along the way, no biggie was just letting you know. Also, not sure it matters but I'm using the latest NRGY rom.

appzattak 08-27-2009 11:38 PM

Well we figured it out. But I have no idea how it happened. Apparently if the world clock has a city listed there, and is selected the weather will show in the calendar. Problem is I never set a city when I flashed this rom the other day. Nor did I earse one. But I did add my city there and selected it and bam the calendar day view shows the weather.

Sorry for any trouble.

mwalt2 08-27-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appzattak (Post 1125998)
Well I started second guessing myself, but I found out I was not dreaming. It was defiantly there yesterday, before I installed your database. Look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8805

Also, what I did when I installed your database was add 4 cities, normaly I had only 1. Since I have uninstalled yours and tried with the stock one and still nothing. I installed yours back and only added one city, and nothing. So seems something broke along the way, no biggie was just letting you know. Also, not sure it matters but I'm using the latest NRGY rom.

Go into the World Clock and make sure the city you live in is selected. I'm pretty sure it needs to match what you have as #1 in the weather tab.

tsperez 08-28-2009 12:13 AM

Conflipper,
This one seems to work. Looking good.

Thanks!

tsp

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1125419)
open the file up in SQLlite and edit it that way

something in Texas is messed up, give me a second.

Test that one and see if it works proper, if you could, Thanks.

saflang 08-29-2009 10:20 PM

Conflipper,
When I choose Canada, and places like Prince George, BC, Grande Prairie, AB, Fort Saskatchewan, AB I'm unable to get an update and the weather app just hangs there for a minute or so. But when I add places like Richmond, BC (which was a part of the stock cities) it works just fine. Any ideas ?

conflipper 08-30-2009 12:16 AM

nope, but i will look into it, and try and find out, im trying to get accuweather api sources, and with that i could then be able to use postal codes and everything has well, so that will be good, i am in talks now wiht accuweather for this. so i am working on it.

fdroms 08-30-2009 05:54 PM

This database works great with only one issue. I cannot get S2U2 to recognize the weather after I have changed to this database. Any ideas?

saflang 08-30-2009 06:34 PM

Pulled up the database with SQLite, looks like any city name with spaces in it has an extra special character  added that is screwing things up.
thus |NAM|CA|BC|PRINCE GEORGE is currently stored as |NAM|CA|BC|PRINCEÂ GEORGE

I'm not experienced enough with SQLite to be able to fix this up. Although I was able to export the database and remove all of the special characters. I just don't know how to import the file correctly to update the file. When I do an import (which takes a few minutes) nothing seems to change. :(

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1128526)
nope, but i will look into it, and try and find out, im trying to get accuweather api sources, and with that i could then be able to use postal codes and everything has well, so that will be good, i am in talks now wiht accuweather for this. so i am working on it.

conflipper 08-31-2009 03:14 PM

I now have a custom URL on accuweather site, it will be a fully maintain access to the complete database, meaning this will allow for postal codes and zip codes, and everything else, i need to update server, and test, but once i get that done, i will compile another list of canadian postal codes, i have 5000 cities i can add right away, this will really be good for canadians.

so look forward to that very soon.

t0mmyr 09-01-2009 07:14 AM

hey conflipper, my hometown of Coachella, CA is wrong, zipcode is 92236. actual temp outside is 81 and my phone says its 69, I WISH IT WAS 69, this is the desert, highest temp on forcast shows 97 which is not possible, its been in the 110s around here all week, accuweather says wed its gonna be 109

conflipper 09-01-2009 01:07 PM

kk, i will get it fixed, some of the california cities got messed up, i will go through and fix them all today i guess. been doing web design, so i havent got around to updating it. but I will work on it later today or late tonight.

Urufu_Shinjiro 09-01-2009 02:13 PM

I'm asking in the Psyki thread as well but thought I'd bring it to your attention, for some reason either V1 or V2 will not install on the latest Psyki Manila 2.1 ROM. It starts to install the cab then gives "...was installed unsuccessfully". Any ideas?

conflipper 09-01-2009 02:58 PM

no idea, anytime i have try to install this it is fine, looks like it might be with manila file that i am trying to replace in the rom, it could have an attibute for System or hidden or something, and so its not letting it overwrite the file.

very odd though.

Urufu_Shinjiro 09-01-2009 03:20 PM

Yeah, looks like others with the latest Psyki are having no problems installing either, so it's apparently just me....

Edit: Never mind, I tried an editor again, it was giving me write protection errors before, and somehow it's opening the file now and allowed me to add my city and it works!

saflang 09-01-2009 05:55 PM

Did you disable TF3D2 before installing? Just a thought that the file may be locked (in-use).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro (Post 1133004)
I'm asking in the Psyki thread as well but thought I'd bring it to your attention, for some reason either V1 or V2 will not install on the latest Psyki Manila 2.1 ROM. It starts to install the cab then gives "...was installed unsuccessfully". Any ideas?

unsoldier50 09-01-2009 11:48 PM

Thanks!

saflang 09-02-2009 11:29 AM

This is awesome news !!! Looking forward to the release. F5 F5 F5 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1130910)
I now have a custom URL on accuweather site, it will be a fully maintain access to the complete database, meaning this will allow for postal codes and zip codes, and everything else, i need to update server, and test, but once i get that done, i will compile another list of canadian postal codes, i have 5000 cities i can add right away, this will really be good for canadians.

so look forward to that very soon.

conflipper 09-02-2009 10:09 PM

Re: North America Weather Database V2 Manila (9-2-09)

Added 5000 Canadian Cities to database
Postal Codes now work with database, so if its not in there, you can add your own postal code and it will work.

redid California, so if your weather in california was off before, try it again, and see if it is still off. thanks.

saflang 09-03-2009 11:50 AM

Awesome work Conflipper !!! This is perfect.
Installed on the latest Psyki and now I have access to thousands of cities. Fantastic.
This should be the new standard on all new ROMS the chefs build (if you allow them of course)

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1136543)
Added 5000 Canadian Cities to database
Postal Codes now work with database, so if its not in there, you can add your own postal code and it will work.

redid California, so if your weather in california was off before, try it again, and see if it is still off. thanks.

conflipper 09-03-2009 12:08 PM

yes, everyone can use it, and everything, the big thing is to use that URL that I am using it will provide Postal Codes to works, if you use N2A URL code, than you will not get Postal Codes to work, this adds great functionality to everything.

you could take a weather database editor install it, and retype in the current URL i am using and that would give you access to type in custom Postal codes. so that is great.

Glad it is workig out good for you.

sprintnerd 09-04-2009 09:04 PM

Thank you Sir for work and your sticktouitouness (Im sure that's spelled wrong but I hope you get the driff)

guitardoc64 09-04-2009 09:08 PM

Glad to see that the custom weather is still going strong. I grabbed all 3. Getting ready for the TP 2!!