PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   North America Weather Database V5 Manila (10-16-09) *Weather is fixed* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81108)

mwalt2 08-27-2009 11:39 PM

Re: North America Weather Database V2 Manila (8-27-09)

Quote:

Originally Posted by appzattak (Post 1125998)
Well I started second guessing myself, but I found out I was not dreaming. It was defiantly there yesterday, before I installed your database. Look here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8805

Also, what I did when I installed your database was add 4 cities, normaly I had only 1. Since I have uninstalled yours and tried with the stock one and still nothing. I installed yours back and only added one city, and nothing. So seems something broke along the way, no biggie was just letting you know. Also, not sure it matters but I'm using the latest NRGY rom.

Go into the World Clock and make sure the city you live in is selected. I'm pretty sure it needs to match what you have as #1 in the weather tab.

tsperez 08-28-2009 12:13 AM

Conflipper,
This one seems to work. Looking good.

Thanks!

tsp

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1125419)
open the file up in SQLlite and edit it that way

something in Texas is messed up, give me a second.

Test that one and see if it works proper, if you could, Thanks.

saflang 08-29-2009 10:20 PM

Conflipper,
When I choose Canada, and places like Prince George, BC, Grande Prairie, AB, Fort Saskatchewan, AB I'm unable to get an update and the weather app just hangs there for a minute or so. But when I add places like Richmond, BC (which was a part of the stock cities) it works just fine. Any ideas ?

conflipper 08-30-2009 12:16 AM

nope, but i will look into it, and try and find out, im trying to get accuweather api sources, and with that i could then be able to use postal codes and everything has well, so that will be good, i am in talks now wiht accuweather for this. so i am working on it.

fdroms 08-30-2009 05:54 PM

This database works great with only one issue. I cannot get S2U2 to recognize the weather after I have changed to this database. Any ideas?

saflang 08-30-2009 06:34 PM

Pulled up the database with SQLite, looks like any city name with spaces in it has an extra special character  added that is screwing things up.
thus |NAM|CA|BC|PRINCE GEORGE is currently stored as |NAM|CA|BC|PRINCEÂ GEORGE

I'm not experienced enough with SQLite to be able to fix this up. Although I was able to export the database and remove all of the special characters. I just don't know how to import the file correctly to update the file. When I do an import (which takes a few minutes) nothing seems to change. :(

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 1128526)
nope, but i will look into it, and try and find out, im trying to get accuweather api sources, and with that i could then be able to use postal codes and everything has well, so that will be good, i am in talks now wiht accuweather for this. so i am working on it.

conflipper 08-31-2009 03:14 PM

I now have a custom URL on accuweather site, it will be a fully maintain access to the complete database, meaning this will allow for postal codes and zip codes, and everything else, i need to update server, and test, but once i get that done, i will compile another list of canadian postal codes, i have 5000 cities i can add right away, this will really be good for canadians.

so look forward to that very soon.

t0mmyr 09-01-2009 07:14 AM

hey conflipper, my hometown of Coachella, CA is wrong, zipcode is 92236. actual temp outside is 81 and my phone says its 69, I WISH IT WAS 69, this is the desert, highest temp on forcast shows 97 which is not possible, its been in the 110s around here all week, accuweather says wed its gonna be 109

conflipper 09-01-2009 01:07 PM

kk, i will get it fixed, some of the california cities got messed up, i will go through and fix them all today i guess. been doing web design, so i havent got around to updating it. but I will work on it later today or late tonight.

Urufu_Shinjiro 09-01-2009 02:13 PM

I'm asking in the Psyki thread as well but thought I'd bring it to your attention, for some reason either V1 or V2 will not install on the latest Psyki Manila 2.1 ROM. It starts to install the cab then gives "...was installed unsuccessfully". Any ideas?