PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T Mobile

tp2pt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: North America Weather Database V4 Manila (9-21-09)

I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it cam loaded with Accuweather. I installed your version 4 on my TP2, but it says it cannot connect to get the weather data. Is your cab compatible with the HTC Touch Pro 2? If so, is there something more I need to do? If not, will you be releasing one that is?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

RJonesUSC is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2pt View Post
I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it cam loaded with Accuweather. I installed your version 4 on my TP2, but it says it cannot connect to get the weather data. Is your cab compatible with the HTC Touch Pro 2? If so, is there something more I need to do? If not, will you be releasing one that is?
It's not currently working and it's all explained in the last few pages of this thread.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro 2, Touch Pro, Palm Pro, Blackberry 8350i,
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

B.SkiLLs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
looks like dreamhost servers can not run my PHP script that handles all of the weather. Server returns with errors. but when i place the exact same script on another hosting service, i get no errors. and so now I am going to have to cancel dreamhost has provider, and try out Hostgator, and if they dont work with it, then I am not sure what I will try next.

I will figure it out though, Thanks for everyone patience has I work through this.
Your welcome.

yeah they should work and run them.. What modules do you need to run them if any and ill find out for you..??

Hey do me a BIG favor and sign up under me and help me make a little cash if you do not mind ??

I will send you my affiliates link. Also enter this AUTUMN and save 20% off your total.. No set up fees also.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro 2, Touch Pro, Palm Pro, Blackberry 8350i,
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

B.SkiLLs is a n00b

Here you go please sign up using this link here and once click go straight through the set up and purchase if you would please.

click here and sign up this way please.

You would so rock. I will thank you forever..lol. Plus gave you a little off up top here if you already did have any off the price.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I was only using like 23 MB from this file. I was averaging 2300 outgoing links a day, and that was why.

Here is a copy of the script.

Also here is a FIX for the files.

Download that file and it will fix your weather, i have also updated the file for V4, I left V3 for now, because it was messed up anyways, but that is the file that will work.

the script that I use is posted there now, I uploaded a weather fix, test that out, I also played around with V4, and when file would not install correctly, that might be fixed, not for sure though. I will play around more with everything the rest of this week, big thing is that weather is now working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip weathertranslate.zip (3.8 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Conflipper Weather Fix.cab (1.4 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by conflipper; 10-14-2009 at 12:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Re: North America Weather Database V4 Manila (9-21-09) *Weather is fixed*

Any ideas why I still cant get regular weather working when uninstall the cab?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i posted the above right as you were posting the fix. oops.

I reinstalled v4 and after the softreset I installed the fix and reset again. Still isnt working for me. Any ideas? thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I just had to repost the fix, best bet is it install V4 from my site, all over again, that will have the fix and everything.

I had V4 working, and I took the registry from there, for the fix, but I guess i had the wrong URL for the fix, and so it failed, but after that post, I had reposted the fix back up. everything shoudl be good, i tested everything two or three times already.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I got it working. my bad. I just got the new v4 from the first post. alls good. thank you very much!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

While the fix cab would not install for me (got an "installation unsuccessful message), I had no problem when I hit update. I'm running manila 2.1 and NRG rom from Sept. I tried checking what version of weather I have, but I don't get anything when I go to the weather tab, menu, and about. Just thought I'd pass all this on. Thanks for all your work on this and keeping it going!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks