PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

thefaceeater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thefaceeater
Re: North America Weather Database V4 Manila (9-21-09)

i was wondering why all the sudden i was getting a data connection error, i thought my vzw was at fault.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yo con, some people keep telling me that the v3 is still working on their phone. Any word as to how that could be??

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Okay good news, I have looked this over with Imagio and everything, and seems like HTC has gone a different route with the files, and so I have looked at files, and I can patch them to read everything right, I need to get stuff back and working, but once I do that, I will be able to get patched imagio files up and working with custom weather.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Knighthammer is a n00b

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I got a new server set up, well registered anyways, I am going to dedicate an entire site just for this. it will be at http://conflippersweather.com I have it all registered for, i need to get files moved around, once I do that I will post up a cab to change the URL to get a new stuff working, and then I will update all the files on there, and then I will get it all going, it will still be a day or so, but for right now, that is the latest I am at.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

You are the man. I have a Sprint TP2 and my weather app from you was causing the data error message just like the verizon guy up top and I checked this post and you are already fixing the problem. Great job and thanks for your help and this cab is the bomb when it is working.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro 2, Touch Pro, Palm Pro, Blackberry 8350i,
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

B.SkiLLs is a n00b

Yeah mine stopped working like 4 days ago. I called Sprint about some other stuff and well asked them if itmight be there network data system but.. I wasnt thinking about it being the weather Conflic made here. Cause it was working just fine then all of a sudden 4 days ago stopped. When it would try and bring up the weather and update.. i would get a data connection error and couldnt get connected .. either choose yes or not to a try again pop up.

what could make this happen all of a sudden ??

and does this new version help that as the version i am (was using) is v2 i believe. File name is: Weather database for TF3D v2

Old 10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro 2, Touch Pro, Palm Pro, Blackberry 8350i,
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

B.SkiLLs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Everyone I am going to have to turn offf weather until I can get a new Host company, and I need to wiat until the next paycheck to do it, I will be getting paid net thursday, at that time I am going to a new company and everything, so for the nex week this file will not be working. Just so everyone knows, I am reall sorry about this, but I am just trying to do this so that in future this is no issue.

try hostgator.

I have been with many other with no luck or like but.. Been with them about a year now and love them so far. Great help and support if needed also. Only pay about 140-170 for 2 years.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

looks like dreamhost servers can not run my PHP script that handles all of the weather. Server returns with errors. but when i place the exact same script on another hosting service, i get no errors. and so now I am going to have to cancel dreamhost has provider, and try out Hostgator, and if they dont work with it, then I am not sure what I will try next.

I will figure it out though, Thanks for everyone patience has I work through this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

RJonesUSC is just getting started

Would you mind sharing the php script? I'm interested in seeing how it works and possibly trying it out on a server of my own. How much bandwidth were you using prior to your host stopping your account?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks