PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking ORB finally integrated into TF3d2!!! Updated!

Thanks to Netdrg's help I have been able to adapt the ManilaTV Player to not only work on the US locale, but I was also able to connect ORB to the player. Here is a video of it in action, keep in mind the video is taken through my mobiler so the quality isn't fantastic, also the program is very fluid exactly like the contacts tab. I'm working on a cab that will make this a little easier for US installs right now and working out a few kinks but so far this is working extremely well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPbUfZlRq4

New video renamed tab, added DVR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pfvyp7nRY

Directions in Post #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ManilaTV.jpg (11.6 KB, 1010 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ManilaTVsettings.jpg (10.3 KB, 747 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by heartisall; 07-15-2009 at 05:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: ORB finally integrated into TF3d2!!! Videos!

Ok well I have tried to make a cab work for this over and over and for some reason it will not install, so Instead I am just going to put directions up on how to do this and maybe someone with a little more knowledge in building cabs can create one.

First install the Manila TV VGA cab located below.
This will make you restart your device after you have done that copy the Manila.reg file I have included to your phone and click on it and it should import to your registry.

Next copy the logos_en-us folder I have included to Application Data/Manila TV Player on your phone

Next you will have to edit your 26948339_manila file. This will be located in your windows folder, copy it to you computer and open it with either wordpad or an xml editor. Place this code in the file below the code that follows this format it should be near the top.

Quote:
<Page Order="12" Name="manilatv.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_MANILATV]]" ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\manilatv.luac">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\favorites.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\manilatvicons.mode9" Component="ManilaTV_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\manilatvicons.mode9" Component="ManilaTV_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\manilatvicons.mode9" Component="ManilaTV_Preview" />
</Page>
save the manila file and copy it back to windows with either total commander or resco file explorer making sure to overwrite the existing one.

Next open up the 3ABBF71F_manila file I have included in either wordpad or an xml editor. This is the file you will need to program your streams into. You will notice that each channel has the begginging of a hyperlink in it. You can use any web address here so if you don't use orb I would head to http://www.todaypda.com/en/stream/te...0States_4.html to find some streams. What I did to make it work with orb was I logged in on my computer and set it to mobile interface. Then go to the program guide and click on any channel and copy the hyperlink of the channel. Paste this link into the corresponding channel in the manila file. you will have to repeat this for each channel (if you don't want a channel to appear simply delete the 5 lines of code for that channel starting with channel ID. Once you are finished save this file and copy it into your windows folder using either total commander or resco file explorer.

You can copy the 32A56073_manila file into windows if you want, It will simply change the Text in manila from "Manila TV Player" to "Live TV" instead this is optional.

Another option is if you would rather use HTC streaming media instead of WMP then when you are in ORB in you opera go to settings and change the streaming format from .wmv to .3GP. I have had better success with the HTC app than WMP personally.

Restart and you should be good to go.

IF I can get a cab working that will make this any easier I will post it up, if you can help me create one PM me I am using WINCE cab manager but it is not working out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Manila_TV_Player _VGA.cab (257.4 KB, 525 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar EN-US files.rar (671.3 KB, 606 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by heartisall; 09-26-2009 at 03:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

thats pretty cool, its lookin good so far. cant wait to try it!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Subscribed!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

where do i find manila tv player?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xperia x1
Carrier: AT&T

DVLISH008 is a n00b

Looking good can't wait
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
where do i find manila tv player?

There is a link to the origional XDA thread in the thread in Manila Tweaks section I have a cab made I am just trying to have someone test it then I will post it up. It has all of the US icons, regedits, etc.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
There is a link to the origional XDA thread in the thread in Manila Tweaks section I have a cab made I am just trying to have someone test it then I will post it up. It has all of the US icons, regedits, etc.
Oh man, please do this, I've been working on getting this to work all morning, I finally have the tab actually showing with some icons but when I hit launch absolutely nothing happens so thanks so much. You don't even need to add the streams (though I certainly won't stop you), I just need to get it WORKING.

Thanks again man, hope you succeed where I have repeatedly failed lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TYTN 2, HTC Fuze, and now HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

MRVIZZIATO is a n00b

so when will this be released an would this newly made cab install all thats necessary to make it work once installed??
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVIZZIATO View Post
so when will this be released an would this newly made cab install all thats necessary to make it work once installed??

Shortly. I am trying to get the cab to install everything you would need to work, however you would still have to program your own streams. however that is pretty easy.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks