PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To go 6.5 or stay 6.1

I went to 6.5 and installed Manila 2D. I like the look of the Manila 2D. I was unable to use Pandora in the 6.5 upgrade and I constantly was prompted to touch screen to launch touchflo. Memory was around 8 mb which was too low.

I went back to 6.1 and had a lot more memory, and Pandora worked w/out a hitch. Problem now is the weather is showing inaccurate temp. It displays 5 degree outside when it is in the 40's.

I looked on several sites for a fix to the weather issue with no luck. (HTC Manila Home Weather Infos cab, Debarron Manila 2D v21 N2A Patch) I tried the Pandora fix on 6.5 with failure to connect (Pandora VGA +Ivan 1 cab) . Can anyone help with fixing the manila 2D weather fix?

The media aspects, such as Pandora, are more important to me than weather feature, but it still is a nice/cool feature to have none the less.

Are there any other new phone today screens I can try? Don't believe Android is an option.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

adamw79 is just getting started
Re: To go 6.5 or stay 6.1

Hey, I have an HTC Touch Pro and have messed with many, many different roms. Quite a few 6.5 roms and several 6.5.1 roms. After a while, all of the 6.5.1 roms would become very unstable and things would stop working or be very buggy. I have had better luck and more stability with the 6.5 roms as opposed to the 6.5.1 roms. I really recommend looking up Psykis WM 6.5 rom. It is very stable, comes customized with a neat look and several packages installed, including the best working version of Pandora I have seen for WM thus far. So, if your phone can run it, I'd recommend it.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mikel81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post
roblem now is the weather is showing inaccurate temp. It displays 5 degree outside when it is in the 40's.
5 degrees celcius is roughly 40 degrees fahrenheit. Are you sure it is set correctly in settings?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Out of curiosity, you did change it from Celsius to Fahrenheit in the options right? for the temp, it may sound like a dumb question, but just checking to make sure. Also, check out Groovefish app, similar to Pandora, but better in some aspects.

Edit: Oops, Mikel81, you replied as I was typing, lol.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'll give it a shot. I currently have Kaos' take 5, 6.1. I notice when I run touchflo from Manila2D I have 8 mbs free. This is w/out streaming or watching video. In fact the phone is idle. I am trying to keep enough memory to stream Orb/ Slingbox or music like from Pandora. It's not the rom, its Manila 2D. Is there a setup that doesn't need to use almost 10 mbs. Seems like I have a lot of memory leak. Kitchen of 6.5 was ok, but once again, Pandora could not work on 6.5 and Manila2D also required a lot of memory.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Medium Hill Rom's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, seems like something is going on. Cuz on my 6.1 ROM, I have a TON of free memory! But unfortunately, I don't make ROM's for 6800's, just Diamonds or I would say try mine. Have you tried running Clean RAM?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

on sprint, i would guess it is an actual sprint tp! were are you installing your cabs? you should have tons of free space. if you install programs to your sd card, it puts only the shortcut on the phone and will run program from sd. things like arcsoft, or tv out cab need installed to device cause mostly reg values, but like google maps, sprint nav, and pandora should be installed to sd card. try installing to sd card, and it it doesn't launch, or doesn't show up in program files on sd card, then install to device. it will help free space. and once on card, after flash you don't need to set up again. maps, nav, pandora (example) will save all your settings.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

All program cabs are loaded on external card. The only install on phone is Manila 2d and it's components-such as clock edit. I always load software of card to save space. My issues isn't space, it's memory or lack there of.

I may have figured out a potential hog. In Manila 2d, I have push mail set up, via windows live to push as receive mail to phone. I noticed 3 mbs lost from this setting of having it always on. I do have it scheduled to only push from 8 am-10 pm thoguh, but that seems to take away some memory.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an X (Exit or stop program) in taskbar such as magic button. I don't like the way magic button's interface looks on taskbar when it is running, but it does stop programs.

I went back to Kitchen and cooked a bare bones setup with last 6.1. Seems to be steady 12.6 mb available. It seems settings such as weather and push mail drain on memory. I am at a steady 12.60 mb though which is a little better than the previous roam. Granted I am not acutally using the phone (Idle), so I am curious what that 3 will be when streaming.

Last edited by Silent Assasin; 11-17-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Medium Hill Rom's

what kitchen are you using? As far as closing with the X button. Dumb question, but make sure you have the option "close on tap" selected instead of "tap and hold" and it will close the progs better.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Using CE OS 5.2.21042 (Build 21042.1.6.1). Can't locate the setting for holding to X out of program. I remember setting it when I reflashed for the initial startup. I have to manually check task Manager to close out some programs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks