PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manila editing question.

Hopefully I dont get bashed for this but I have searched and searched and havent come up with an answer, even though I know its out there.

Anyway the problem I am having is this...
When I open my manila files with Manila Editor and this is what I see

I think the file is compressed but I can figure out how to remove compression.

Here is the same manila from a icons pack someone posted.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP
Re: Manila editing question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Hopefully I dont get bashed for this but I have searched and searched and havent come up with an answer, even though I know its out there.

Anyway the problem I am having is this...
When I open my manila files with Manila Editor and this is what I see

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Search XDA for cfc-gui. It is the Manila Editor that I use that allows compression, and the only one as far as I know. If that doesn't work, post the manila file here.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I like that CFC editor a lot more than the other one. Here is the exe
Attached Files
File Type: zip cfc-gui-only-0.45.15.zip (300.5 KB, 133 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild

thanks guys ive been having the same problem as the OP
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

how do u use this its just an exe. just drop it into your phone, cpu, or what??? I went over to the xda site and no go on how to install
Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
how do u use this its just an exe. just drop it into your phone, cpu, or what??? I went over to the xda site and no go on how to install
You run it on your computer, you have to transfer the manila files offf your phone.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You can also decompress the file with the cfc editor. Check Chainfire's post for info on preparing your manila to use compressed files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
You can also decompress the file with the cfc editor. Check Chainfire's post for info on preparing your manila to use compressed files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

With CFC GUI you can save them as PNG files, edit them with your favorite photo editor (I like Gimp) and then use the "replace with" button in the GUI to make it into a manila again. Don't forget, if they are compressed you have to decompress before you can save as!

I was going to make a tutorial about a quickie way to colorize your manilas but I don't know where to post it.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
With CFC GUI you can save them as PNG files, edit them with your favorite photo editor (I like Gimp) and then use the "replace with" button in the GUI to make it into a manila again. Don't forget, if they are compressed you have to decompress before you can save as!

I was going to make a tutorial about a quickie way to colorize your manilas but I don't know where to post it.
How about right here ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks