PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO Dos
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

madzilla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Edit Manilla Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
First copy all of the _manilia files from the /windows directory to your internal storage. Then select all the files and go to properties. Uncheck Hidden and System attributes. Make sure both boxes are clear of any checks, you may have to tap it twice to remove all checks. After this you will be good and you will be able to manipulate and view all the files.
In windows XP i can still edit them and since i have view hidden files on i can see them. but I wanted to give them to friends and stuff and it was a pain to walk them through viewing invisible files. i tried to unhide them but the check box is locked.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzilla View Post
In windows XP i can still edit them and since i have view hidden files on i can see them. but I wanted to give them to friends and stuff and it was a pain to walk them through viewing invisible files. i tried to unhide them but the check box is locked.
Yeah, I understand. You will have to put them in your internal storage and use Total Commander to remove the hidden and system attributes. Once you do it once, they will stay that way.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Is it possible to import images into the manila files that are larger then the default images?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

No, they need to be resized to fit the dimensions of the existing files. And in the off chance you mean file size, just remember that the bigger your graphic's file size, the slower it's going to load on the device which can cause a lot of lag.

By the way, I'm working on a tutorial for all these customizations... it's a work in progress since I'm just getting started, but I hope for it to grow into something pretty useful.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689
Old 11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
No, they need to be resized to fit the dimensions of the existing files. And in the off chance you mean file size, just remember that the bigger your graphic's file size, the slower it's going to load on the device which can cause a lot of lag.

By the way, I'm working on a tutorial for all these customizations... it's a work in progress since I'm just getting started, but I hope for it to grow into something pretty useful.

Nah i did mean dimensions. I want to make the landscape background transparent but the wallpaper doesnt appear right so my only alternative was to make the background a full size wall paper for landscape menu. but it has to be the same dimensions so that wont work either.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lweisenb is just getting started

This thread is awesome. Spent a few minutes modifying the manila file and creating a couple png icons and now my internet tab looks like this the attached.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>  
  <IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
  <Banner
    DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner.qtc"
    SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
    Text="Launch Browser"
    Width="240"
    Height="107" />
  <OperatorLinks>
    <Link
      Text="Kinoma"
      Executable="\Storage Card\Program Files\Kinoma\BIN\Kinoma.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\kinoma.png" />
    <Link
      Text="Messenger"
      Executable="\Windows\WLMMessenger.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\msn.png" />
    <Link
      Text="Live Search"
      Executable="\Storage Card\Program Files\LiveSearch\LiveSearch.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\livesearch.png" />
  </OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Awesome!!! Would you mind posting this information on my customization thread too?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know of a guide to using the manilla editor? I try to use it but I get an error when trying to replace manilla files with adjusted o es with vista...
Maybe UAC related hmmm...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Indeed... must be run as an Administrator.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lweisenb is just getting started

Having an issue with my Internet page. On first load its fine as seen above but on softboot neither the msn or live icons load and they are just a white box. If I recopy the png to the windows directory (having to overwrite because they are already there) and go back to internet they are there again.

Anyone have an ideas?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks