PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Touchflo2d Now on cab. Youtube fix for Touch! Get it here!!! AKA manilla2d+skinz (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37215)

jethro_static 09-16-2008 11:14 PM

Re: Touchflo3d Now on cab. Get it here!!! AKA manilla2d+skinz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprints700wx (Post 419181)
Question ? . . . Would Any of these files be able to work on a Treo Nice Today screens though Either way..

Thanks in Advance '

Sorry for HTC devices only.

9tr3g 09-16-2008 11:14 PM

i am new to this. this is my first post on this site and you guys run a good forum. you all are very informative

now my quesion is can i downoad the file directly on the phone? will i need to dowload any other programs to make this work or just unzip and let it run?? when i dl the file and it says what folder to save it in where will i put it?

i am complely new to the pda world. i have a sprin touch with wm6.1. thanks for all help in advance

jethro_static 09-16-2008 11:28 PM

I was bored and played around with the files. What I did is pretty stable and I like how it goes. I'll keep it this way till final build comes up. Everything seems to work but youtube ofcourse. Here's what I did.
requirements: sept. 14 release on the first post and sept 16 release.
be sure U have the required app for the UI to open like opera,google maps youtube(optional)
1. install the sept 14 release.
only Install stuffs that you don't have from the instructions on the sept. 16 release (needed files folder). here's what I install from there.
2. install OX-ManilaCompatibleSharedDLL.cab
3. install ContactFix.cab
4. install 2d_Audio_manager.cab
5. install HTCAlbum.cab
6. install OutlookEnhancement.cab
7. install Fullscreen_Player.cab
8. install TaskManager.cab

Do not install d comm manager folder. It is for GSM phones and will just mess up ur comm manager.

Everything that I didn't install is either I have the file already or I chose not too. I install all in the device memory.

If your gonna do this pls. do it on ur own descretion. I will not be responsible for ur device. Backup ur device before doing so. Very important.

I am still playing with it and looking for issues.so far so good. volume control works, audio manager works etc. I will do some more testing. will report later.

Update: Try to add contact.
1st attempt: on m2d,I add contact from the m2d people tab.Soft reset. Didn't survive.
2nd attempt: on m2d, I add contact from the cube. soft reset. didn't survive.
3rd attempt: I exit m2d(today>item>uncheck touchflo). On htc home, I open the cube, add contact from there. go back to m2d. soft reset. Success!!! it survived. So add your contacts on htc home>cube.

And yes, HTC Album still does not wanna play videos. there is no entry on registry to change the player. So we play the waiting game on this one like youtube. LOL

Still good coz there's the start menu for all my files and apps. M2D is just like an awesome theme.

wud_e 09-17-2008 12:15 AM

Anyone know why i can't change my Homepage in Opera? It keeps Defaulting to Google no matter what I do.

jethro_static 09-17-2008 12:36 AM

You have to regedit.
goto HKLM>software>HTC>Manilla2D>InternetWidget>Customi zed>
Change the string on BannerURL and BannerURL Text to ur homepage
Note: dont forget to put http:// on BannerURL
String on BAnnerURL Text is what will appear under the globe on ur internet tab.

jbearamus 09-17-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tr3g (Post 419197)
i am new to this. this is my first post on this site and you guys run a good forum. you all are very informative

now my quesion is can i downoad the file directly on the phone? will i need to dowload any other programs to make this work or just unzip and let it run?? when i dl the file and it says what folder to save it in where will i put it?

i am complely new to the pda world. i have a sprin touch with wm6.1. thanks for all help in advance

yes you can, you'll have to be patient because these are big files and can take a bit of time, even on Rev A, i wouldn't recommend using PIE to do it because it runs pretty slow when using this site, use skyfire or opera to get it. when i download them i save them to the storage card and then execute the file and let it install to the main memory

jbearamus 09-17-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprints700wx (Post 419181)
Question ? . . . Would Any of these files be able to work on a Treo Nice Today screens though Either way..

Thanks in Advance '

Wouldn't the smaller resolution screen mess everything up?

icaruspr 09-17-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdume (Post 416860)
Hay guys heres another clock Fire!. I need so more time for the white theme I'm making turns out its not as easy as I thought, besides when I have to keep doing a hard reset because I can't get the theme to uninstall correctly then reload TF2D its a pain. :disgust:

Can you post the Fire Clock in a form that can be applied to S2U2?

jethro_static 09-17-2008 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those who are looking for the original black skin in the first post, It seems the file has been removed but here I attached it. Linked the attachment on the first post.

Reef48 09-17-2008 01:19 AM

Everything is working flawless on my touch except youtube. Im sure it will it will be fixed soon. Im glad they released the build your own zip. Seems to use less memory now.