PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
BG4ALL + True transparent task & menu-bars in Sense 2.5 ... BOTH ORIENTATIONS

After reading Ham3r's thread last week over at XDA-Dev, [Feature/Mod.] Transparent bars for WM6.1 and WM6.5! [builds >= 20757], I was determined to make the transparency hack he discovered, work in Sense UI. Here's what I came up with.

Version history:

Version 0.4MM - 4/10/2010
  • This version is for use with MaxManila v3.0 (beta) only.
Version 0.4 - 4/10/2010
  • Misalignment issue corrected for VGA.
  • Minor bug fixes and error checking.
Version 0.3 - 4/10/2010
  • Fixed misalignment issue in WM 6.5.x builds .. Now works correctly in 6.5 and 6.5.x (WVGA only, VGA will come tomorrow).
Version 0.2 - 4/9/2010
  • VGA version now available thanks to mwalt2!
  • Minor bug-fix and method update.

Features:
  • True transparency for task-bar and menu-bar in both orientations. No stretching.
  • Opacity level control. (256 levels of opacity, from completely transparent to completely opaque.)
  • Backgrounds on all Sense UI tabs.
  • Higher image quality for backgrounds than standard Sense UI background.
  • Seperate portrait and landscape backgrounds. No stretching.
  • Compatible with most other Sense UI mods. (most notably Cookie's home tab)
  • MaxManila 3.0 (beta) compatible version available.
  • WVGA and VGA versions available.
  • Fully uninstallable cab.
Requirements:

(If you don't use Sense UI and just want to use my opacity adjustment tool and task/menu-bar refresher ... check post #2 and #3)
  • HTC Sense 2.5.2012 (only build I have tested so far, If you have success with other Sense UI builds please let me know so I can update this statement)
  • .NET CF 3.5
  • MOST IMPORTANT: Stock (unchanged) copies of "shell32.exe" and "aygshell.dll" for your WM build... Can be obtained from a kitchen, ROM dump, or in the next post where I will include the files for as many builds as I can.

Instructions:
  1. Copy your stock shell files ("shell32.exe" and "aygshell.dll") to the root of your storage card ("\Storage Card\") .. If they are somewhere else you will be prompted for the location when you adjust your opacity level.
  2. Install the correct cab file for your resolution, attached at the end of this post. PLEASE NOTE: MM Versions are for use with MaxManila 3.0 (beta) only!!
  3. Run "Set Opacity" from the "volDeus" folder in your start menu.
  4. Choose your opacity levels and tap "Set opacity ......." for each element. (Example image below)
  5. Tap "Soft reset device"
  6. Run "Set Wallpapers" from the "volDeus" folder in your start menu and choose an image for portrait and landscape orientations.
  7. Admire your changes.

Notes:
  • "MM" Versions are for MaxManila 3.0 (beta) only!!
  • For now, the images you use must match your device's resolution for each orientation.
  • The required shell files CAN NOT be copied from your Windows folder, you MUST obtain them in one of the ways previously mentioned.
  • This mod depends on your today screen background, the "Set Wallpapers" program sets it automatically and aligns everything correctly for you.
  • At the moment, the start menu background does not update until you soft-reset. Everything else updates instantly.
  • BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! This is a low-level hack and if there is a problem or you make a mistake, YOU MAY HAVE TO HARD-RESET!!! (it's worth it though )
Planned changes:
  • Resize/crop options with GUI ... Use any size image instead of resizing them to match your device ahead of time.
  • Lower memory consumption for background process.
  • Integrate "Set Wallpapers" into standard Sense UI menus.
  • Automatic background cycling from an album.
  • Thumbnail view when choosing backgrounds.
  • Higher/full quality backgrounds.
  • Open to suggestions.

Last edited by volDeus; 04-11-2010 at 10:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: BG4ALL + True transparent task & menu-bars in Sense 2.5 ... BOTH ORIENTATIONS

I will upload as many stock shell files here as I can .. If anyone has working stock files for a build that I haven't included yet, please let me know and I will add them here.

To find your build number, navigate to Settings>System>Device Information>Software Information>OS Version ... or Settings>System>About>Version ...Your build number is the 5 digit number after "5.2." or "Build" ...
For example, the build number in the following screenshot is 23554.

Last edited by volDeus; 04-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: BG4ALL + True transparent task & menu-bars in Sense 2.5 ... BOTH ORIENTATIONS

If you don't use Sense UI/Manila and you just want to use my opacity adjustment tool, I've included it here.

Your stock shell files are still required (check post #2) .. Place them in the root of your storage card and then run "Set Opacity" in the "volDeus" folder of your start menu.

I have included two cabs here ... One with my task-bar refreshing program and one without. If your task-bar and menu-bar show graphics errors when you rotate your screen, use the copy WITH the refresh app.

Last edited by volDeus; 04-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rileyundying is a n00b

I would love to try this, but I have no idea how to turn these kitchen files into actual .dll and .exe files. Im looking for the 23559 build.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyundying View Post
I would love to try this, but I have no idea how to turn these kitchen files into actual .dll and .exe files. Im looking for the 23559 build.
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in quite a while... My thread at XDA-Developers is much more up to date. The build you are looking for is already available there, as well as detailed instructions for what you are asking about in-case the files I posted aren't working for you.

Please visit the other thread -here- and download the latest beta version. It's much nicer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

How is this thread so quiet?!?! This mod is awesome! I am surprised more peeps here at PPCGEEKS aren't interested. Anyhow, thanks VolDues!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rileyundying is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in quite a while... My thread at XDA-Developers is much more up to date. The build you are looking for is already available there, as well as detailed instructions for what you are asking about in-case the files I posted aren't working for you.

Please visit the other thread -here- and download the latest beta version. It's much nicer.
Haha, quite a while? I forget that programmers time is much faster than normal time, it's only been 9 days. Downloaded and installing now, thank you very muc for the heads up.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
After reading Ham3r's thread last week over at XDA-Dev, [Feature/Mod.] Transparent bars for WM6.1 and WM6.5! [builds >= 20757], I was determined to make the transparency hack he discovered, work in Sense UI. Here's what I came up with.
man good stuff!! glad to see you post this around my neck of the woods. sometimes programs like this diamond in the rough get missed cause most CDMA ppl tend to stick to ppcgeeks and sometimes miss out on sweet apps like this one from XDA!!! keep up the killer work man!!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
How is this thread so quiet?!?! This mod is awesome! I am surprised more peeps here at PPCGEEKS aren't interested. Anyhow, thanks VolDues!
probably cause hdwalls does the same exact thing.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
probably cause hdwalls does the same exact thing.
HDWall doesn't work in landscape on manila 2.5.201x last time I tried. This mod works in both orientations and you can change wallpapers on your phone easily .
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Tags
bg4all, manila, sense, taskbar, transparent