PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Solved - Which manila file has the Stock tab names in 23551 build (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116839)

Comstar 04-03-2010 09:12 AM

Solved - Which manila file has the Stock tab names in 23551 build

Ok. I must have lost it. I want to change the tab name from Stocks to something else, the name that hovers along as you slide. I've been searching for 5 hours and all I can find is the old touchflo manila file. Sense does not seem to use the same one.

Edit: I was told 26948339_manila but I am looking at it and don't think that's it. It has the tab order but I don't see where it has the names that correspond to what I see when sliding - I dont see "Stocks" in the file.

I also looked at manilafull.xml and it's not there either.

Solved: Thanks to jonhdoe11112 over at XDA here are the files that change the Stocks tab name. Look for <source>Stocks</source> and change Stocks to whatever. Also the 6e147739_manila file changes the settings page tab names. I had installed Radar Panel on that tab and changed the icon but needed to change the name.

6b18ee70_manila
6e147739_manila
6f286a05_manila

Jbradthomas 04-04-2010 08:57 PM

Re: Which manila file has the tab names in sense 2.5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comstar (Post 1678566)
Ok. I must have lost it. I want to change the tab name from Stocks to something else, the name that hovers along as you slide. I've been searching for 2 hours and all I can find is the old touchflo manila file. Sense does not seem to use the same one.

Edit: I was told 26948339_manila but I am looking at it and don't think that's it. It has the tab order but I don't see where it has the names that correspond to what I see when sliding - I dont see "Stocks" in the file.

Look for IDS_STOCKS in 26948339_manila

Comstar 04-04-2010 10:33 PM

Re: Which manila file has the tab names in sense 2.5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbradthomas (Post 1680943)
Look for IDS_STOCKS in 26948339_manila

Thanks for the response. That's just it, I don't have an IDS_STOCKS in that file - I have an IDS_STOCK. The tab name is "Stocks" on the screen. I just started working on this again. I am just going to change that IDS-STOCK and see what happens. I can't believe this has turned out to be so hard to research. I have spent a lot of time looking for the answer. I've lost my search skills I guess. It seemed like the name change would be so easy after I loaded new icons for the tab.

Robert's PDA 01-21-2011 06:31 PM

Re: Solved - Which manila file has the Stock tab names in 23551 build

I have a similar question about renaming tabs. In 2.1 everything was in one place (090661f7_manilla), 2.5 not so much. I want to change the name of 4 tabs: "Sprint Music", "Mail", "Sprint TV", and "People", does anyone know where in the world they are located?