PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to change Weather automatic update timing for Manila

anyone able to figure out the reg fix for this, stuck on 3hrs I believe. I would love to be able to change it to an automatic update every 30 mins.

Last edited by slumpey326; 12-07-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

Hoso is a n00b
Re: Any way to change Weather automatic update timing for Manila

i have been trying to find this out for a long time now!!! no one seems to have an answer, and i can't get a chef to answer since they are so busy!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

It probably depends on what version of manila you are using. I'm on sense 2.5.1921 and it has the following in the registry:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.AutoDownloadInterval"=dword:3C
The 3C is hex for 60 minutes. You could change it to 1E for 30 minutes and see if it works (assuming that registry key is part of your manila). I do not see any similar options in the registry settings for an older version of manila 2.1 (pre-sense UI).
Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

Hoso is a n00b

i see one thing that seems connected to the time in my nrg rom with manilla 2.1, but the values for it doesnt make since, this is what i looked at:

\\\registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\
Home_WeatherClock_CheckTime

and the values were this:
D9 07 0C 00 02 00 0F 00
13 00 05 00 2B 00 00 00

can anyone make sense of this?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah someone else noticed that as well, but no one can figure out how to change the timing
Old 12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

m3evo is a n00b

I saw this on another website. It looks like there is a setting called UPDATETIMELIMIT = 180 I think if we can change that it will update to whatever time we set it too.

I just dont know where this section of code is in our phones

quote]
WeatherControlForHome.__init = function(l_1_0, l_1_1, l_1_2, l_1_3, l_1_4, l_1_5, l_1_6, l_1_7, l_1_
trace("WeatherControlForHome:__init")
l_1_0.SAVETIMEPATH = "Software\\HTC\\Manila"
l_1_0.SAVETIMEVALUE = "Home_WeatherClock_CheckTime"
l_1_0.temperature = nil
l_1_0.Time = nil
l_1_0.CityObj = nil
l_1_0.cityCode = nil
l_1_0.cityCodeIndex = 0
l_1_0.MYLOCATION = ":HWC:CurLoc"
l_1_0.CheckTime = Time(l_1_
l_1_0.CallBackFun = l_1_1
l_1_0.UIHvalue = l_1_2
l_1_0.UILvalue = l_1_3
l_1_0.UItemperature = l_1_5
l_1_0.UIconditionObj = l_1_6
l_1_0.CityNameObj = l_1_4
l_1_0.WeatherIcons = l_1_7
l_1_0.AutoDownload = false
l_1_0.ForceDownloadWeather = false
l_1_0.UPDATETIMELIMIT = 180
l_1_0.CheckTime = nil
l_1_0.weather = AccuWeather(_application:GetScopedLog("weather"), _application.Store)
l_1_0.Download = false
l_1_0:InitializeWeatherIcon(l_1_0.WeatherIcons, false)
l_1_0.MyLocationDownloadTimer = nil
trace("init weather end")
end

WeatherControlForHome.InitCheckTime = function(l_2_0)
trace("WeatherControlForHome:read from reg")
local l_2_1 = Time()
local l_2_2 = l_2_1:ReadFromReg(RegKeyRoot_HKCU, l_2_0.SAVETIMEPATH, l_2_0.SAVETIMEVALUE)
if l_2_2 then
l_2_0.CheckTime = l_2_1
trace("read from reg ok! date=" .. l_2_0.CheckTime:GetDateString("yyyyMMdd"))
end
end
[/quote]
Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoso View Post
i see one thing that seems connected to the time in my nrg rom with manilla 2.1, but the values for it doesnt make since, this is what i looked at:

\\\registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\
Home_WeatherClock_CheckTime

and the values were this:
D9 07 0C 00 02 00 0F 00
13 00 05 00 2B 00 00 00

can anyone make sense of this?
i am really interested in this. i have "Weather.AutoDownloadInterval" set to 60 but what you speak of seems as though it actually will keep the 1 hour updated on a regular bassis. i noticed when i have Weather.AutoDownloadInterval set it wont actually automatically update the weather like my email does. if i go to the clock or weather tab WHEN an hour has passed it then updates it, which is nice but id rather have it already updated and have my data disconnected (as i have the 1 min idle tweak) when i turn on my phone.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

but i noticed after the weather updates my 1 min idle tweak does not work, anything else that uses the internet does work.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: orange

meltwater is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evo View Post
I just dont know where this section of code is in our phones
It's in 6639bcc4_manila.lua weather script for Home
I'm trying to use the ReadFromReg() for something, it's the only file which has it so don't think it is a general function.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks