PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Is sense just a different name for the newest TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112784)

K4el 03-03-2010 01:14 AM

Is sense just a different name for the newest TF3D?

Ok, don't laugh. I'm just looking for some clarification here.

Is sense a completely new product from TF3D or is it simply a rebranding? I've used both interfaces and i understand the functional differences between the two however i'm not clear if say... TF3D 2.5 = Sense 1.0 or something along those lines.

Can anyone set me straight?

grandmasattack 03-03-2010 10:38 PM

Re: Is sense just a different name for the newest TF3D?

I think it is pretty much just the newer versions of Touchflo 3d. That's what it seems like to me. The icons seem snazzier on Sense and it has more functionality, but I think it is just a newer version. They probably just renamed it so it would sound more appealing. Also, I think that Sense is more than just a "skin" for Windows Mobile. It takes over a lot more than Touchflo 3d ever did. I don't know which versions would be the same or anything like that.

sprintgirl 03-04-2010 01:27 AM

Pretty much the same thing.

piranah 03-04-2010 04:10 AM

Sense is more designed by HTC than previous. They basically rebuilt the skin. From my understanding, it was built off android, thus having more options. It is still TF3D in part of the looks, but Sense UI is the new official name.

K4el 03-04-2010 07:38 AM

Thanks all around, just trying to get my terminology straight as i'm browsing roms. TF3d =! Sense in any way when you're talking about version numbers etc. They just look alike, got it.

Da Uniq 1 03-11-2010 07:07 PM

So let me make sure I'm clear. I'm assuming it goes like this....

Manilla = TF3D

Sense = TF3D2 - works more like Android but with an original TF look to it

Titanium is basically Win 6.5 UI

Is that right?

skuddy 03-11-2010 08:01 PM

its my understanding that manila is any version of HTC touch flo style. sense is just the newest builds. and titanium is the standard winmo UI. its wierd.

all i know for sure, is touchflo3d (when stock) has the plain looking slider. sense has the icons that look prettier.

phaimowitz 03-17-2010 04:29 PM

I'm pretty sure I read in the wikipedia article on Sense UI that TouchFlo3d = Sense 2.0

PhyscoAssassinx 04-10-2010 09:48 AM

you cant always trust wiki theres different sense UI's their the android one and the WinMo one, the WinMo Version is very similar to Touchflo3D but it combines itself with he phone ex. texting is htc texting not Winmo text, photos is HTC Photos not WM pic viewer, weather is HTC no WM contacts is htc's not WM. Sense is more then just a skin unlike TF3D ,hope that clears it up for you.