PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TF3D "ALL APPLICATIONS" Mod??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100230)

Blackice000 12-22-2009 01:32 PM

Re: TF3D "ALL APPLICATIONS" Mod???

Kaz,
Good looking out!

Just a quick question. Will this place the folders on the MAIN application menu (when the windows hardware button is pressed) or into the All Applkications soft menu after that?

Thanks again,

Rick

kaz8772 12-22-2009 05:16 PM

Mine are on my first level Start Menu. The top row has the stock Home, People, Calendar, and Settings buttons. But after that I have it separated into Gmaes, Apps, System Tools, Multimedia, Comm Tools. Makes it much easier to find apps once you sort them.

I copied my start menu\program folder to my pc and rearranged everything like I wanted it then copied back to my TP2 - works great!
:thumbright:

Blackice000 12-22-2009 05:34 PM

Can you post a photo?

Rick

kaz8772 12-23-2009 01:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics. Use the attached program to setup the folders easy.

Blackice000 12-23-2009 01:34 PM

Kaz,
Way to go, that looks GREAT! I may never need to use All Applications again.

Quick question, the cab file does what exactly???

Rick

kaz8772 12-24-2009 02:41 AM

Thecab creates the 5 folders and has their icons already made.

Blackice000 12-30-2009 01:13 PM

OK... all done. Exactly as stated. I even like the folder ICONS.

Great Job!!

**HINT: Install the Atom D3D driver and you will see the icons draw and redraw much faster!

Rick

busydocmom 01-17-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaz8772 (Post 1429510)
@6sto - The original poster seems to be aware of how to edit the "\windows\start menu\programs\games\" directory.
He appears to be asking about how to get this directory link to show up in the HTC Start Menu rather than the original
Windows Mobile Start Menu.

1. Do what 6sto said. Basically, organize your Games links into the "\windows\start menu\programs\games\" directory.
2. Browse to "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\" in your registry. The numbered folders here correspond to slots
on your HTC Start Menu. 0 is the top right slot, 1 is the one the right of that, and so forth. Pick a folder that
corresponds to an empty slot.
3. Edit the following keys:
DispName: Games
Path:\windows\start menu\programs\games\

I found this last night in one of the other posts here - hope this helps. It has allowed me to organize quite nicely.:cheers:

Pardon the noobness. Have a stock Sprint Touch Pro 2 and wanted to add some folders to my programs. However the folder shows up but it just contains " all programs" not the contents of my games folder. Can anyone walk me through what I am doing wrong?

busydocmom 01-17-2010 12:38 AM

Figured it out. Noobness at work. I didn't have a capital "G" in games. Works great now. Thanks for the tips.:)

kaz8772 01-17-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busydocmom (Post 1495313)
Figured it out. Noobness at work. I didn't have a capital "G" in games. Works great now. Thanks for the tips.:)

Glad it helped.