PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Original V7 Rom with some modification. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151902)

hero121 04-11-2013 10:18 PM

Original V7 Rom with some modification.

New Final OriginalV7 Rom with some modification on SMS application. SMS delivery notification working.

Arcshoft powermobia removed.
MMS added
Transcriber added
Internet sharing with USB added.

All verizon related applications and files removed fully.
Original V7 desktop view available.
Manual call recording added, Record function became active after call connected, you have to touch just record function.

All function working CDMA(relience India) and GSM also working.
You can get CDMA working after registering your MEID number to relience or other. All the help can be found at this PPCgeeks forum.
You can use this rom on your own risk, but there is no such risk for experience members.

The download lnk http://www.sendspace.com/file/big43z

pizzaboy192 04-12-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Original V7 Rom with some modification.

Would you be offended if I were to mirror this file on my site? We seem to have lost plenty of custom ROMs due to the file hosts going offline. I'd hate to see that keep happening.

hero121 04-12-2013 11:10 PM

Dear pizzaboy192,

How I can mirror to this file on your site ? Is is any way to upload on your site ?

pizzaboy192 04-15-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero121 (Post 2193867)
Dear pizzaboy192,

How I can mirror to this file on your site ? Is is any way to upload on your site ?

Usually I just download the file and then upload it to my site. I'll see about getting an account set up for mirroring usage.

hero121 04-18-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2193938)
Usually I just download the file and then upload it to my site. I'll see about getting an account set up for mirroring usage.

Dear pizzaboy192

Thanks for reply,

You can download and mirrored on you site. because the server where I have uploaded is a free account so it will be deleted automatically after some time.

noober22 04-21-2013 08:39 PM

Dear all, could you please help me?

I had tried a 6.5.0-based ROM. Unfortunately, the phone stopped loading. Then I went to Emergency mode and uploaded this very ROM. Somehow IMEI/MEID cleared. Fortunately, I had made backup of .nvs file.

Now I'm trying to restore, but can't understand how to do it. In NV Editor I read the file. It's being overwritten with the current (empty) values. Then not closing the window, I overwrite the file in Explorer with the copy I have. Then I click 'Write'. At this point the phone reboots immediately. IMEI's still empty.

Regards,

pizzaboy192 04-21-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noober22 (Post 2194079)
Dear all, could you please help me?

I had tried a 6.5.0-based ROM. Unfortunately, the phone stopped loading. Then I went to Emergency mode and uploaded this very ROM. Somehow IMEI/MEID cleared. Fortunately, I had made backup of .nvs file.

Now I'm trying to restore, but can't understand how to do it. In NV Editor I read the file. It's being overwritten with the current (empty) values. Then not closing the window, I overwrite the file in Explorer with the copy I have. Then I click 'Write'. At this point the phone reboots immediately. IMEI's still empty.

Regards,

Hi
What you should probably do is go to the "Emergency" section and try uploading your .nvs file from there. I do hope you have multiple backups of your .nvs file, because every time you do a read of it, it will erase the one in the default location with empty space.
I don't have a Fathom handy, but it should be as simple as using the "Emergency" feature to upload it (I'm fairly certain that is how I did it)
If it turns out that you cannot recover it at all, I have the tools required to rebuild a .nvs file from scratch, but it takes a rather long amount of time, and the tools were not cheap to acquire. A simple donation would be requested (not required) to recover it.
However, if it isn't the "Emergency" section of LGNPST, then perhaps the "Data" section is what is used to write it out. It's one of the features in LGNPST, but I cannot currently remember which it is.

noober22 04-22-2013 01:49 AM

I had to use 'Data' > 'Data Recovery' menu. This is how restoring works.

das7771 04-22-2013 02:22 PM

I just bought a Fathom on the cheap, just to mess with and possibly build my own roms. I will have to give this a try once I receive it. I was really surprised to see activity in this forum.

noober22 04-22-2013 03:04 PM

Nothing special, I guess. The last WM-based phone in the Universe ))