PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Is it possible to work lg hotspot.exe in GSM mode ? it is working in CDMA mode only. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151442)

hero121 12-25-2012 02:51 PM

Is it possible to work lg hotspot.exe in GSM mode ? it is working in CDMA mode only.

Dear all Experts,
I am attaching the working cab file of lg mobile hotspot.exe. but it is working only in CDMA mode. Requesting, any body who can modify the cab file to work in GSM mode ?
I want it to work in GSM mode.

mangatron 01-01-2013 06:22 AM

Re: Is it possible to work lg hotspot.exe in GSM mode ? it is working in CDMA mode on

The cab does not seem to work. Something about invalid certificate.

hero121 01-01-2013 07:39 AM

Re: Is it possible to work lg hotspot.exe in GSM mode ? it is working in CDMA mode on

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 2189692)
The cab does not seem to work. Something about invalid certificate.

Sorry for errors, there was error in cab file found after checked. Now I am attaching .ext file extracted from v7 rom, by which you can easily make a cab file. Sorry again

feliciano 01-02-2013 07:56 AM

dear hero121,

Thanks for sharing your ROMs.

I found that in order to make tethering work in GSM, you need to installl ICS and then WMWifirouter (the last freeware version).

Hope that helps.

mangatron 01-04-2013 12:30 PM

Hmm, I absolutely have no idea how to add the certificate to the cab, it's been awhile since I last did Windows Mobile development ~__~

hero121 01-06-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feliciano (Post 2189716)
dear hero121,

Thanks for sharing your ROMs.

I found that in order to make tethering work in GSM, you need to installl ICS and then WMWifirouter (the last freeware version).

Hope that helps.

Dear feliciano,

Thanks for taking interest, but have done every thing it is not working in GSM mode.
In my set CDMA reliance india, and GSM mode BSNL india sim. In cdma data is too costly, and it is working only relience, because reliance is simless. No option to change TATA cdma or other.
In my rom ISC is allready ported, it is also found in windows folder, but I have installed other. I have also used WMWifirouter but not working,
Here I want to know that what is the use of ICS for wifi hotspot. In ICS ther is no option of wifi, bluetooth conectivity, it has only USB conectivity.
I am using ICS for usb conection sharing to my PC.

hero121 01-06-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 2189771)
Hmm, I absolutely have no idea how to add the certificate to the cab, it's been awhile since I last did Windows Mobile development ~__~

Regarding Lg mobile hotspot.cab, I will make and will upload when just I spare some time.