PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Disabling CDMA?

Here's my issue: I own the Verizon Locked version of the Fathom and my friend owns the GSM Unlocked version.
The problem is that even the GSM one likes to default to Verizon when it does not find a signal, and makes it difficult for my friend who is not very phone literate and likes things to "just work" but wants to keep the Fathom.
Has anyone found a way to disable the CDMA half from defaulting or has a script that can be run to reset it back to GSM without having to dig through options?
I've tried different things, but I feel like i'm missing something. I want to remove the options for the phone to go into Global Mode or CDMA mode, and to disable the "Switch to Global Mode" popup too.
I'm tempted to disable the CDMA half by screwing up the MEID so it can't register on Verizon, but I doubt that will work.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Check this out:

http://www.google.com/m/url?channel=...MIRY5e6yg23p8A

Use those instructions to set the device to GSM Only Mode.

Last edited by horndoctor; 02-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Disabling CDMA?

I mean locking it there and disabling the CDMA functionality completely. setting it is one thing. that is quite easy. The fact that it reverts to "Global Mode" when you go out of signal means that it is annoying. (plus, your link doesn't work)
Thanks for the effort though.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I just checked my link and it works just fine.

If you use that info to set it to GSM only and turn off the automatic settings then it should work as desired.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vx8900
Carrier: verizon

windseye is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Disabling CDMA?

I share Pizzaboy's desire for a way to completely disable the switch to Global Mode message when signal is lost.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom