PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-fathom/)
-   -   LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-fathom/148367-lg-fathom-v6-rom-release-thread.html)

pizzaboy192 12-14-2011 08:27 PM

LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

So here's my thread for my ROMS.
There's currently 2 that I'm still developing. Just V6 still in development until I fix Manilla.

Latest Build: V6 B6a
Changelog:
Code:

Beta 6a:
Large gap in development for the ROM, most things were internal testing problems.
Themes have been fixed, along with other errors
Standard LG Fathom V7 ROM without:
MyPhone
Widgets
PowerMobia
Verizon Shutdown and Startup Sounds
Added in this build:
ArcsoftMMS Client configured to Verizon
Set VZAccess manager as default USB connection (To allow a reflash if something has gone wrong)
Upgraded the SYS to 23569.
Added updated Pocket Outlook, allowing for threaded emails.

Everything else has been left out, no additional applications have been included unlike Beta2.

Code:

I've built them to Beta2 stage. Don't know if they'll ever leave Beta, but that's my choice.
V6 ROM has:
Standard LG Fathom V7 ROM MINUS:
Microsoft MyPhone (Defunct, removed)
Windows Live
Widgets
Arcsoft PowerMobia
LG Volume (This means you can silence incoming calls)
Verizon Shutdown and Startup sounds. Just images now.
ADDED:
ArcsoftMMS Client. This allows you to get MMS messages.
Set VZ Access manager as default connection upon first boot
(This allows you to do a reflash right away if something goes wrong for whatever reason, and you'll preserve your phone settings.)
Upgraded the Pocket Outlook to the 6.5.5 build that has threaded messaging. Not sure on the exact build number since I have had the files laying around for over a year and just needed to dump them into the EXT.
PHM Registry Editor
PIM Backup
Total Commander 2.5 B3
Opera Mobile 10
Google Maps
And the Ervius Kitchen Tweaks for WM6.5 pack

Manilla ROM has Manilla Core V2.5.20212114.0 and all the trimmings added

That's it
You can find them on my ROM dev page on my site to download them and the flashing tools.
Usual warnings apply. If you brick your phone, make it accidentally forget what it's phone number is (along with not being smart and making a backup) or have it become so unstable that it decides that it doesn't like you anymore and decides to jump out of your pocket randomly, it's not my fault. I can't make you install this stuff, I just make you feel the need to. That's not legally binding.

Although... I would be interested in one that you flashed wrong, as I need a dev phone beyond my standard daily use one.

Enough banter. Here's the link.

Suggestions for additions would be greatly appreciated, along with someone showing me how to port the 6.5.5 branch for use in the ervius Visual kitchen.

(I hope this is okay to post here)
-Pizzaboy192

hero121 12-15-2011 04:50 AM

Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2160371)
So here's my thread for my ROMS.
There's currently 2 that I'm still developing. There's the "V6" and the "V6 Manilla" ROMS that are available.
I've built them to Beta2 stage. Don't know if they'll ever leave Beta, but that's my choice.
V6 ROM has:
Standard LG Fathom V7 ROM MINUS:
Microsoft MyPhone (Defunct, removed)
Windows Live
Widgets
Arcsoft PowerMobia
LG Volume (This means you can silence incoming calls)
Verizon Shutdown and Startup sounds. Just images now.
ADDED:
ArcsoftMMS Client. This allows you to get MMS messages.
Set VZ Access manager as default connection upon first boot
(This allows you to do a reflash right away if something goes wrong for whatever reason, and you'll preserve your phone settings.)
Upgraded the Pocket Outlook to the 6.5.5 build that has threaded messaging. Not sure on the exact build number since I have had the files laying around for over a year and just needed to dump them into the EXT.
PHM Registry Editor
PIM Backup
Total Commander 2.5 B3
Opera Mobile 10
Google Maps
And the Ervius Kitchen Tweaks for WM6.5 pack

Manilla ROM has Manilla Core V2.5.20212114.0 and all the trimmings added

That's it
You can find them on my ROM dev page on my site to download them and the flashing tools.
Usual warnings apply. If you brick your phone, make it accidentally forget what it's phone number is (along with not being smart and making a backup) or have it become so unstable that it decides that it doesn't like you anymore and decides to jump out of your pocket randomly, it's not my fault. I can't make you install this stuff, I just make you feel the need to. That's not legally binding.

Although... I would be interested in one that you flashed wrong, as I need a dev phone beyond my standard daily use one.

Enough banter. Here's the link.

Suggestions for additions would be greatly appreciated, along with someone showing me how to port the 6.5.5 branch for use in the ervius Visual kitchen.

(I hope this is okay to post here)
-Pizzaboy192

Dear pizzaboy192,
Where is the V6 ROM release thread. your link is not working, showing 404 (Page Not Found) Error . Please see and post a correct link. Thanks for your effort and interest.

pizzaboy192 12-15-2011 04:00 PM

They should work fine again. Just a small problem between me and how I write HTML.
Links are working.
Enjoy

hero121 12-17-2011 07:42 AM

Dear pizzaboy192
Thanks for your efforts,
I have downloaded and tried both b2manila and only b2. on same day. I found b2 is working good, but manila have problem with setting, I am unable to set my phone in gsm mode, all the setting are not working, Although very good looking it should have some more correction, can not be changed themes. All the names city id, vvm and other are available on device program file. Please try to delete all the names i.e city ID, VVM,MIM etc in device program list, It can be deleted by editing in [ Initfilesflash.dat] file.
Can you upload your edited OEM and EXE file by which you have made that rom b2manila from your kitchen file ?
Thanks

pizzaboy192 12-17-2011 10:46 AM

For the Manilla ROM, all I did was take Manilla from a HTC Leo kitchen and dump it into my kitchen. It doesn't surprise me that it isn't working right.
I'll see what I can do. I've got a pretty busy schedule right now, but I'll hopefully get it up some time today.
Thanks for testing =)

acapde 12-17-2011 05:11 PM

Hi Guys,

What's the procedure to flash one of your custom firmwares (I have downloaded the .bin file already). I've re-flashed HTC phones before but this is my first time re-flashing an LG Fathom.

Any help would be muuuuuch appreciated!

Thank you.

trysomeothertime 12-17-2011 05:17 PM

pizzaboy192,

I would really like to flash to your new V6 (non-manilla) ROM, however, I have never done an unofficial upgrade on a Win-Mo phone, and therefore do not know what to back up and how to use the flashing tools. Is there some sort of a guideline for this? I would like to minimize my chances of bricking the phone.

Also,

1) Do you have 3G connection drops with the V6 ROM? I remember they were quite annoying in V7, and you downgraded back to V5.

2) Is the hotspot app working in this ROM?

3) Is the CityID bloatware app removed from the ROM? When I get an incoming call it always says "unknown" for location.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

pizzaboy192 12-17-2011 06:40 PM

Dropped network is gone in this build (I'm still on B1 of V6 and it hasn't. I would hope nothing has changed)
I think I left the Hotspot app in. I'll check later tonight when some meds kick in and I feel better.
I hope CityID is gone. I dislike it. Again, haven't flahsed V6 B2, but it should be gone.

LG Fathom / VS750 kitchen and tools - xda-developers is how to flash it.

acapde 12-17-2011 10:39 PM

Great pizzaboy, I'll follow the instructions and hope I can re-flash the phone with a custom ROM tomorrow.

Hope you get better!

markreif 12-18-2011 11:05 AM

Hey guys I'm new to this Fathom and having spent years rooting and flashing HTC TP2 and Imagio's I'm eager to take on the Fathom. My only caveat - the procedure is hardly documented for a noob. Anything anybody can do to clarify the flashing process will be greatly appreciated. Specifically the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1302187 link does not offer enough guidance.
Thanks!

pizzaboy192 12-18-2011 11:18 AM

1- Install drivers
- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981CAN33AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 3
- LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0
- LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0

Translated: Google each of those nasty strings and download what you find.

2: Get youself a copy of a patched version of LGNPST. We can't provide links for it, because you need a copy that allows you to write to the phone. I have a copy somewhere, but don't count on me to find it. If you have trouble, PM Me and i'll get you sorted out.
There is also a .dll file that you need to register. (you can google for how to do that)
It's the one linked to on the XDA thread. it's called vs750.dll

3: on your phone, go to settings, connections, switch usb and choose VZAccess mode.
then plug the phone in and wait for windows to see it. Load up your copy of LGNPST and see if it sees your phone.

4:
- Launch LGNPST.exe, it should detect your phone (filename on the top right panel should be "VS750.dll").
- Click on "phone settings", wait a few secondes for a new window to appear
- Click on read button
- It will create a VS750_COMx.nvs in C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST
copy that file to as many places as you can. if your flash goes wrong, this file will be what keeps you from having to RMA your phone.

5:
The files listed (The SCR and PRL) need to be gotten from a decrypted ROM. I can upload those later since I forgot you need them.
if someone else beats me to it, i'll throw them on my site.

- Go in provision Tab (should be selected by default)
- Select Upgrade
- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"
- Don't check Eri file
- Click on "start"
- Keep fingers crossed for approximately 10min. The phone will reboot a few times, this is normal.
- Enjoy your 1st VS750 custom rom

The reason the phone reboots is it first flashes the ROM, then it flashes all your user content back, then it flashes your radio settings. The last one is important because if it doesn't flash them you're left with a brick unless you backed up your .nv file. If you did, and the flash goes sour, all you need to do is place a copy of your .nv file back in the LGNPST folder and pray it works..

I hope that clears some stuff up. If it's a little murky, it's because my brain is murky right now too.

-pizzaboy192

markreif 12-18-2011 01:31 PM

thanks - check out da_reeseboy post (click on the link) for relevant downloads....

cfuess 12-18-2011 04:04 PM

To flash, here are the steps and files you need. Follow all the steps in the readme.txt to flash a new ROM. It worked on my XP computer, I haven't tested Vista, or Win7.

LG_Drivers_and_LGNPST.zip

markreif 12-18-2011 06:32 PM

thanks!

cfuess 12-18-2011 09:33 PM

Pizzaboy, I really appreciate your putting this together. I flashed V6 b2 (not manilla) and I'm experiencing a few issues.

1. Opera Mobile doesn't seem to get on the internet even when wi-fi is connected.

2. I can't get the cell data to work. I tried adding a new network for Verizon with the number #777 and that didn't help. I also tried the ota programming by dialing *22891 with no difference.

3. The last thing is I'm having an activesync error when trying to sync with my exchange server. It says it is out of memory but there is obviously more memory now than before. The post below mentions some missing files could cause this. Is anyone else experiencing this.

Activesync Out of Memory error : 8007000e - ACER Users / ETEN Users Forum

Thanks again for blazing the trail Pizzaboy.

cfuess 12-19-2011 09:27 AM

Hi Pizzaboy,

Just to give you an update, the v6b2 manilla also had the same problems mentioned above, but the da_reeseboy "LG Fathom ROM stripped clean.7z" ROM mentioned in post #12 seems to work with activesync and 3G data access.

Thanks again for your work.

markreif 12-19-2011 10:18 PM

I CAN VOUCH FOR THE ACCURACY OF POST #16.... AFTER A SUCCESSFUL FLASH....

pizzaboy192 12-24-2011 01:15 AM

Flashed my own B2 ROM. No issues so far. Was able to properly restore a backup I made pre-flash and it is more stable than before.
To get 3G working on Verizon, you need to dial *22899 and reprogram your data.
I'll see what I can do with Manilla. I'm currently split between getting a second Fathom or getting a new GFX card for my desktop.
i'm leaning toward GFX, but I'll see if I can get a cheap Fathom.
Anyone got a spare?

n1nj4Lo 12-24-2011 01:48 AM

I think I'll keep waiting for a more stable Sense build...

Since ya wont be removing these from beta, perhaps then once ya get a good stable working version (reported from both you and users) you could title them RC, RC1 and RC2 et cetera.
http://www.realpics.net/emotes/nananana.gif

pizzaboy192 12-24-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 2161602)
I think I'll keep waiting for a more stable Sense build...

Since ya wont be removing these from beta, perhaps then once ya get a good stable working version (reported from both you and users) you could title them RC, RC1 and RC2 et cetera.
http://www.realpics.net/emotes/nananana.gif

I'll honestly probably go with a numbering system once I get a few more kinks ironed out.
v6.0.1' 6.0.2 6.0.x etc

hero121 01-04-2012 07:54 AM

Dear pizzaboy192
I thanks for your help, I have made a cleaned rom with manila 2.5 working 99.9 %. After manila I am getting about 65 mb ram free.
Here I want to delete MSN money, Microsoft my phone, market place.
I deleted these folders and made a rom and installed. It got deleted from phone but when I restart the phone (lg fathom) it went up setting wizard. Any application deleted from system file and after edited to initflashfiles the same behavior is doing after restarting.
Here I want to know is any way to delete these folder (MSN money, Microsoft my phone, market place.) without adding (Set VZ Access Manager as default in Switch USB)
Please help.
Thanks

pizzaboy192 01-05-2012 01:34 PM

You need to remove them from the files that are in the ROM before you build it. That way you don't need to edit any other files, just pull the Verizon added files from the OEM folder and move them into a folder in the EXT section of the kitchen. Then in the kitchen make sure it's not selected.

pizzaboy192 01-30-2012 12:00 AM

Slight Bump:
Moved from build V6B2 to V6B6a
Updated: Nearly all bugs squashed.
PowerMobia Removed, Themes working
Data working
Using build 23569 for SYS with 6.5.5 Email enabling threading in all accounts.
Widgets removed.

Available at Untitled document

hero121 01-31-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2166395)
Slight Bump:
Moved from build V6B2 to V6B6a
Updated: Nearly all bugs squashed.
PowerMobia Removed, Themes working
Data working
Using build 23569 for SYS with 6.5.5 Email enabling threading in all accounts.
Widgets removed.

Available at Untitled document

Dear Sir
I have downloaded your (Untitled document rom) and tested. It has trace of city id, vvm in device program file. The sms as like original lg rom. It has also call back number, It's massage delivery not working. Its calculator is not scientific calculator.
I requested you to simply test only,My cleaned rom uploaded at sendspace. In my rom I have not used the program (Set VZ Access Manager as default in Switch USB) its calculator is replaced by HTC scientific calulator named as lg calculator, it has no any trace of verizon software, and it is working fully even on hard reset by keyboard or by system set factory default.
Thanks

headhair 02-15-2012 06:19 AM

Dear Pizzaboy,
Could you please enable link for V6 Manilla B2 ROM?

headhair 02-15-2012 09:07 AM

Dear hero121
Quote:

I have made a cleaned rom with manila 2.5 working 99.9 %.
Could you please check *228 is working with manila you created(without popup-Activation not available)?

pizzaboy192 02-15-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhair (Post 2168885)
Dear Pizzaboy,
Could you please enable link for V6 Manilla B2 ROM?

V2 was pulled due to too many bugs in it.
http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/Fat...B7b_Manilla.7z is the link to the latest build. I'll eventually make a static link that can be used whenever I build a new ROM, but for now, that's the latest Manilla build. A bit newer than my non-Manilla build, but not much different.

headhair 02-16-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

V2 was pulled due to too many bugs in it.
http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/Fat...B7b_Manilla.7z is the link to the latest build.
It seems file is corrupted. Downloaded 3 times. same problem.

lgbabuin 02-17-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2160863)
1- Install drivers
- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981CAN33AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 3
- LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0
- LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0

Translated: Google each of those nasty strings and download what you find.

2: Get youself a copy of a patched version of LGNPST. We can't provide links for it, because you need a copy that allows you to write to the phone. I have a copy somewhere, but don't count on me to find it. If you have trouble, PM Me and i'll get you sorted out.
There is also a .dll file that you need to register. (you can google for how to do that)
It's the one linked to on the XDA thread. it's called vs750.dll

3: on your phone, go to settings, connections, switch usb and choose VZAccess mode.
then plug the phone in and wait for windows to see it. Load up your copy of LGNPST and see if it sees your phone.

4:
- Launch LGNPST.exe, it should detect your phone (filename on the top right panel should be "VS750.dll").
- Click on "phone settings", wait a few secondes for a new window to appear
- Click on read button
- It will create a VS750_COMx.nvs in C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST
copy that file to as many places as you can. if your flash goes wrong, this file will be what keeps you from having to RMA your phone.

5:
The files listed (The SCR and PRL) need to be gotten from a decrypted ROM. I can upload those later since I forgot you need them.
if someone else beats me to it, i'll throw them on my site.

- Go in provision Tab (should be selected by default)
- Select Upgrade
- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"
- Don't check Eri file
- Click on "start"
- Keep fingers crossed for approximately 10min. The phone will reboot a few times, this is normal.
- Enjoy your 1st VS750 custom rom

The reason the phone reboots is it first flashes the ROM, then it flashes all your user content back, then it flashes your radio settings. The last one is important because if it doesn't flash them you're left with a brick unless you backed up your .nv file. If you did, and the flash goes sour, all you need to do is place a copy of your .nv file back in the LGNPST folder and pray it works..

I hope that clears some stuff up. If it's a little murky, it's because my brain is murky right now too.

-pizzaboy192

Dear Sir,
i flashed my phone with clean rom with opera.
i also backed up my nvs file and copied it to my pendrive before upgrading.
now i think i have bricked my phone, as suddenly some error came in between upgrading. now my phone is not sensing any network in gsm mode, and i think it has a bad esn,mdnetc.
iam unable to flash the nvs back to phone,because everytime it flashed it copies the bad nvs from phone to c: and reloads the same to phone after flashing.
pls help me to restore the nvs to phone.

pizzaboy192 02-17-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgbabuin (Post 2169263)
Dear Sir,
i flashed my phone with clean rom with opera.
i also backed up my nvs file and copied it to my pendrive before upgrading.
now i think i have bricked my phone, as suddenly some error came in between upgrading. now my phone is not sensing any network in gsm mode, and i think it has a bad esn,mdnetc.
iam unable to flash the nvs back to phone,because everytime it flashed it copies the bad nvs from phone to c: and reloads the same to phone after flashing.
pls help me to restore the nvs to phone.

Open LGNPST with the phone connected. Go to the Data option at the top of the screen and choose "Data Recovery"
Then browse to the file that you backed up to your flash drive and you should be good to go.

feliciano 03-03-2012 02:54 PM

Hi!

I registered into this forum to thank you all for sharing what you have been doing with this phone. I've been following your work trough this year.

I received my Fathom this week (I didn't find a better relationship of price and features elsewhere).

My phone came with V4. I used it a couple of days, but the GPS showed me jumping from one place to other, and since I wanted to change the ROM to remove alll the Verizon bloatware (I'm not at USA), but I have never cooked a ROM, opted for installing the kitchen and LGNPST and limit to do a nvs backup and flash V5 (given the bad experiences reported with V7) and install several nice programs afterwards.

So right now it's with Verizon V5. My wish list is: Remove all the Verizon stuff and other dead software. Add some sort of ICS for tethering via BlueTooth (I found one, but only works via USB, tough I have one in my Motosurf WM6.1 phone that allows me to do ISC via BT). Set Windows to spanish (0x40a?) if possible. And other stuff. So I ask you for guidance on that, please.

Again, thank you all :thumbleft:

feliciano 03-03-2012 05:24 PM

As I menctioned earlier, wether I decide to cook or not, I have another windows phone with an ICS tool that works for me. Is it possible to copy the needed files from the Windows folder of my Motosurf to the Windows folder of my Fathom to do the trick? I tried, but it seems the files are locked. Ideas, anyone?

Thanks

pizzaboy192 03-03-2012 05:40 PM

Can you get the name of the program that you have on your MotoSurf? I can probably cook it into the ROM.
Also, the ROM should support Spanish natively, it's just a matter of enabling it.
I'll look into building a good ROM for you to use, but I seem to be having problems when it comes to removing Verizon crapware.

feliciano 03-03-2012 10:33 PM

Thanks, pizzaboy192,

The program I'm using at my other phone for reverse tethering via BT is the regular ICS from MicroSoft, I think. Is called "Conexión compartida" (ie Internet CS), points to \Windows\IntShrUI.exe and it came factory installed from the Movilnet WM6.1 ROM. On that folder I see that file, plus a shortcut to it, and intshare.dll. I don't know if any of those particular files are doing the trick, but I don't know how to extract it (copy elsewhere) from the running ROM to try.

In my fathom I select spanish at regional settings, but only works for currency, numbers, date formats, and not for the menus or program names. Not a deal killer, but will be nice to show the phone GUI in spanish to my spanish speaking friends.

I have your B7a ROM plus some of da_reeseboy's. Have you tried those? And what about the one from hero121?, he says he could remove more of the Verizon stuff and concealed some others.

Also, I have the needed PRL and SCR from a V5, just in case I get my hands dirty in the kitchen ;)

Thanks

pizzaboy192 03-03-2012 10:48 PM

I haven't tried anyone else's ROM's, but my kitchen is based on da_reeseboy's.
The problem with your current setup is that from what I've read, Microsoft's own Internet Connection sharing doesn't work with Windows Mobile 6.5 and above. Seeing as the Fathom is running a 6.5.x build (Depending on what the kitchen it, it'll either be 6.5.3 or 6.5.5) we probably can't get it working.
I'll see what I can do though, I know there's an installer for it, and I'll test it on my Fathom to see what happens, if it does work, I'll gladly add it to my kitchen.
I'm also looking into adding Microsoft Voice Commands with it.

I'll look into localization settings to see what I can do with adding languages. I'll try a localization pack first and go from there.

feliciano 03-04-2012 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

I'm using 6.5.3 (23121).

After messing around with four ICS cabs, and contaminated my registry, opted for system memory clear. After several tries, I found that Shamanix ICS shows me the option of do the tethering through USB or BT PAN; via USB connects, but via BT "cannot connect for an unknown reason".

Looking at the setup.xml concealed into the cabs, I see Shamanix's ICS doesn't touch registry keys related with BTPAN1, whereas Chainfire's does. But if I install Chainfire's doesn't shows me BT option, the connection settings page turns unaccesible, and then I can't uninstall it, and the system slows down. So perhaps would be good to review the registry settings of Chainfire's ICS and look what would be needed for Shamanix's to successfully handle the connection when BT is selected. To save you time, I upload the two menctioned scripts.

Edit: Does this phone supports PAN profile? On several review sites claim it does, but I don't see it al the specs sheet: lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/VS750_Fathom_Datasheet.pdf. So, where do I look if it really have it? If not, WiFi would be my only option, but I don't want to pay, neither I want to use pirated software.

feliciano 03-05-2012 09:54 PM

As I was afraid of, according to the LG.com data sheet and TrueG (forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14514911&postcount=68 and 76), the PAN profile is missing from this phone, therefore that's why most of the ICS I tried doesn't recognize the BT as a valid option. So, the question is, if TrueG used the BT driver of the Fathom for the Monaco (eXpo?), could it be done viceversa?

pizzaboy192 03-05-2012 11:32 PM

I'd sure hope so. I'll try it out some time soon and see what happens. I've been also looking into finding what other WM phones use the CDMA\GSM radio so that I can pull the drivers from it, and try to remove the problems with the default CDMA\ "Switch to Global Mode" popup thing.
If you've got a link to other devices that use the BT chipset\drivers, I'd love to see what I can bake with them.

feliciano 03-06-2012 06:45 AM

Maybe TrueG can help us, as he sould have the BT drivers for the Monaco ( forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14514911&postcount=68 ), he didn't know about the kitchen for the Fathom back then ( post 65 ), but later he was involved when spocky12 announced the kitchen at xda-developers forum ( forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1302187 ). So if he still has his Fathom (or at least his eXpo) maybe he will instered in give us a hand and/or try himself.

The thing is, I cannot post overthere, since I'm a noob for them. Could you? Thanks

I work in the wireless industry, and this is the first phone I have seen with the dual functionallity. And about the swith to global mode: is annoying, and in V5 sometimes leaves me unconnected (in my Country, Verizon has arrangements with another CDMA carrier).

At another line of research, I found this site with LG eXpo info, and a tip for tethering via BT and some registry tweeks needed: lg-expo.com/lg-expo-how-to/how-to-use-internet-sharing-and-activesync-via-bluetooth

pizzaboy192 03-06-2012 11:52 AM

I'll see what I can pull off with some driver swapping and tweaking. Hopefully I'll have a nice working phone with nearly all the bloat stripped out by the end of the month.