PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148367)

feliciano 03-08-2012 11:09 PM

Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

@pizzaboy192:
As a workaround (while waiting for your news), I'm looking for a free WM WiFi router that doesn't screw my WiFi client, and taking note of some V5 flaws. In the meantime, I wonder what made you change your mind of cooking based upon V5 to V7? Do you think I would be better testing with V7?
My main needs: waze and tethering.
Thanks

pizzaboy192 03-09-2012 01:46 AM

Actually, My base is a mix of V5 and V7. The Verizon WIFi sharing app is just something that can be added in. The core along with most of the drivers are from V5 still.
Waze works extremely well. I use it myself when travelling. One thing that i've noticed though is that the Fathom's GPS lock usually is terrible at best. I've got a fix for that now. I'll be posting a new thread about it, but I'll load the .cab file up here too.

[Tweak] ULTIMATE!! aGPS cab (GOOGLE or NOKIA server!) Generic UPDATE 06/08/10! - xda-developers
It's the "Ultimate Generic Google" .cab on the thread. It works amazingly well. Went from 2 - 3 minute locks to just under 10 seconds on a cold boot.

As for tethering, I'll do some looking into it. I haven't found much yet, but I'll see what I can find.

feliciano 03-19-2012 08:16 PM

Hello:

I've working on the ICS and have it sort of working with an old and free wmwifirouter (some registry fixes needed now and then). Anyway, does the Verizon ICS present in V7 is locked to their service, or can be used with another APN?

For the GPS part I've tried to use the A-GPS features (QuickGPS and/or ultimate aGPS google servers and/or registry settings) w/o success. What has made it beareable for me is the GPSModDriver (trial and error), but the lock is still very poor. My old Motorola, with the same GPS driver, works flawlessly with the aGPS (GPSxtra) and the lock is way more stable.
So, since you tried V5 and V7. Did you notice if the GPS works better with one or the other? I tried to upgrade to V7 from V5, but LG Mobile Software updater doesn't allows me to do that (maybe because I manually upgraded from V4 to V5?). If you don't know, do you know where to download the vs750zv7 cab to try it myself?

Thanks

pizzaboy192 03-19-2012 11:51 PM

I personally use my own ROM that I've built (It's normally a custom one, but I'm currently on the latest build available from my site) and it locks fine. I can't really say how well it will work on other networks, or how GPS with GSM works, but I do know that it works amazingly well with Verizon.

And about ICS. Something I noticed is that if you load up "Advanced Config" on the device (it's a program), go to "Data Connections" and at the bottom of that list it should say "Private Interface for internet sharing" Which is currently blank. Change it to BTPAN and it should work.
You may need to enable the CDMA half of the phone in order to see that setting though. It should work when you're done.

hero121 03-20-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feliciano (Post 2173237)
Hello:

do you know where to download the vs750zv7 cab to try it myself?

Thanks

You can find this on this site after some searching at ( needing-official-lg-v7-rom-cab-file)

thanks

feliciano 03-20-2012 06:32 PM

@pizzaboy192
I can't find the "Advanced Config" menu entry in Connections or Settings on neither the 3 modes of standard V5 (not even removing my SIM card). I don't recall it on factory V4, so perhaps your base ROM/kitchen had it.

@hero121
Gee, Thanks. It seems that simplier wording was in order ;)

In case you are interested on play with your Fathoms: I tried xda Android 2.2 last night, as an alpha, some bugs here and there, some features missing, but looks promising.

pizzaboy192 03-20-2012 08:53 PM

Advanced Config needs to be installed from somewhere before you can use it, but it's worth installing. Allows you to change every setting that is available (Plenty that aren't listed in Settings)
I got my copy from FreewarePocketPC, but it's all over the web.

As for Android, I'm waiting for Open WebOS to be finalized and then I'll mash up some of the Android work that's been done to get WebOS running on my Fathom. Might actually get me to switch off Windows Mobile.
I'm also working on baking a thin WM ROM that loads HARET off the SD card and then launches you into Android... If you're really desperate to remove Windows Mobile.

ednello 11-11-2012 12:56 PM

Hey, any advance in this thread ?? :?:there are another ROM really stable ??? :-(which is the best Rom in performance ?? !! thanks :thumbleft:

pizzaboy192 11-12-2012 03:18 PM

I plan to release a new update in the next month or so. Not sure if you've visited my site (http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/FathomROM/), but it has the latest build on it. I have forgotten to update the thread accordingly.

Any requests for what I should add?

trysomeothertime 11-17-2012 11:49 PM

pizzaboy192,

Could you please post a link to these files listed in the instructions for flashing?

"- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"

I am going to finally be flashing your ROM soon - thank you for the continued support!

p.s. It appears that some of those Fathom links do not work on your new website.

pizzaboy192 11-22-2012 12:24 PM

Hi, sorry I've been away since it's currently a week off from school here for Thanksgiving.
That being said, I'm working on updating my site again, hopefully will have it done soon.
The other files that you are looking for are located at: http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/Fat...RL_ERI_SCR.zip
Hopefully that's what you're looking for.

fernand_11 01-31-2013 08:27 PM

Hello friends, I would first like to thank him for taking Mangatron this post as helpful for people who bought the LG Pathom. I wanted to check because my phone gets the black screen with HTC. I tell you what I did 1-Download this Android 2.2 Froyo on the link, I removed the file and the folder is 2.2, which I copy and paste on my micro sd. 2 - Under breaststroke extremebat001 kernel, extract the folder, open it, copy the three files and stuck them on the micro sd, replacing the old files (although there is still the old haret, but do not use that). 3 - Done all this I unplug the phone, open the files on the SD card, I click on the file CLRCAD (4 or 5 times), and then open the haret-pre-0.5.3-20100629_092009-QSD8250-ONLY, the small black screen with white letters and then goes to the HTC screen with the letters and then nothing .... Please help me to see what I'm doing wrong and correct it. Of course, thank you very much and a big hug from Argentina, goodbye!

trysomeothertime 03-10-2013 02:51 PM

Pizzaboy192, first of all, thank you for your continued support for the custom ROMs on this device. A couple of months ago I read on your blog that you are abandoning the Fathom for the HTC Trophy - I had the trophy since summer of 2011, and was somewhat dissapointed at the lack of basic features/functions that I got so used to in Windows Mobile. That said, the frustration is understandable, as the Fathom is unfortunately not as reliable as some older Windows Mobile devices (for example, my XV6800 is certainly a lot more consistent, much slower, but much more consistent and reliable in performance).

I was having some problems with this V6 ROM dropping the internet connection - this seems to be a problem with the V7 build. I wanted to flash back to V5 - but I was wondering, could I flash back to V5 using the same method as the custom ROM flashing using LGNPST? Also, where could I get a V5 ROM file? I noticed your website had a V5 flash kit, but the link no longer works. Thanks again for your support!

pizzaboy192 03-13-2013 01:30 PM

Hi, I'll check the V5 flash kit links and try to re-upload if possible if they are broken.

You will have to flash differently than LGNPST, as LGNPST doesn't see the V5 file properly.