PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: My Phone Is Unbricked Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Hey man, everytime I try to flash this rom I get the popup error:
Process : Underline
SubProc :
Cause : There are No MAGIC CODE.
We cannot get Partition Table...
This is because you only have the flash.bin file. The ROM is actually imcomplete and is missing partition tables and other files needed to flash properly. If you have a kitchen, you can build the rest, or the ROM can be reuploaded with it finished properly.

As for the problem with LGNPST crashing, it sounds like you've got it improperly installed. 13% seems to be when it starts to flash the ROM, so make sure that it too is saved in a SHORT directory listing. Do not keep the ROMS in your downloads folder, but copy the .bin files somewhere like C:\VS750ROM or something along those lines and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
This is because you only have the flash.bin file. The ROM is actually imcomplete and is missing partition tables and other files needed to flash properly. If you have a kitchen, you can build the rest, or the ROM can be reuploaded with it finished properly.

As for the problem with LGNPST crashing, it sounds like you've got it improperly installed. 13% seems to be when it starts to flash the ROM, so make sure that it too is saved in a SHORT directory listing. Do not keep the ROMS in your downloads folder, but copy the .bin files somewhere like C:\VS750ROM or something along those lines and see what happens.
Okay gotcha, yea now it's installing properly again, I've flashed 2 roms already...

Waiting on your new Sense/Manila Rom... I forgot did ya say ya had landscape working too now?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay gotcha, yea now it's installing properly again, I've flashed 2 roms already...

Waiting on your new Sense/Manila Rom... I forgot did ya say ya had landscape working too now?
I have a nearly working Sense rom. Some of the settings don't work right, but I've got Albums and Music tiles working now. Footprints doesn't work on non-HTC devices, but can't be left out, so that one just needs to be disabled.
Most of the settings work, but I'm looking into getting some different versions of Sense OEM's and some of the .cab versions to find one that works best, or mix and match.
I tried upgrading the SYS to a later build, but that breaks more than it fixes, so I'll be sticking with the V7 or V5 SYS files until I get it working properly.
I have a working Manilla ROM that I could let you test, but I won't release yet. (and I haven't uploaded it, as it needs three files installed after the ROM flash to make it work properly) but if you're interested, let me know. I enjoy beta testers.
As for non-manilla ROMs, I have Beta7a being worked on. As soon as I'm done with my homework for tonight, and after a few episodes of Doctor Who, I'll probably finish and upload it.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Dear n1nj4Lo,
I am very sorry for that the rom has problem because after making rom and at the time of uploading I have renamed it causing problem.
So you may download other ROM that is without manila, and it is tested by other user of this site and they satisfied. the link is available on this site.
Manila is also useless because it is not fully working as I have already mentioned.
thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: Kitchen released

Damn I think my NV is messed up, it was working before I bricked it and I copy the VS750_COM3.nvs from the Windows 7 pc to my XP pc and LGNPST Handset area shows up all blank for Mobile ESN/MEID Phone # (MDN) Digital MIN Analog MIN

I think my Reachout Wireless minutes should've refilled by now... Still get a error on *228 says Operation Failed.

Is there anyway I can manually put all this from the info behind the battery.
_

Got it to allow the phone to be on and now it tries to prorgam but still fails. Can Backup.omf help any or would LGMobile Uppdate Tool restore everything if I did a update with it?
_

Scratch all that fixed it now.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-01-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
I have a nearly working Sense rom. Some of the settings don't work right, but I've got Albums and Music tiles working now. Footprints doesn't work on non-HTC devices, but can't be left out, so that one just needs to be disabled.
Most of the settings work, but I'm looking into getting some different versions of Sense OEM's and some of the .cab versions to find one that works best, or mix and match.
I tried upgrading the SYS to a later build, but that breaks more than it fixes, so I'll be sticking with the V7 or V5 SYS files until I get it working properly.
I have a working Manilla ROM that I could let you test, but I won't release yet. (and I haven't uploaded it, as it needs three files installed after the ROM flash to make it work properly) but if you're interested, let me know. I enjoy beta testers.
As for non-manilla ROMs, I have Beta7a being worked on. As soon as I'm done with my homework for tonight, and after a few episodes of Doctor Who, I'll probably finish and upload it.
Sure I'd like to give it a shot and report back on it.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Aircel

headhair is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Dear pizzaboy192,

Would u please help me to know why
my phone says Activation Not Available
while dialing *228..?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhair View Post
Dear pizzaboy192,

Would u please help me to know why
my phone says Activation Not Available
while dialing *228..?
It sounds like your phone has been bricked.
Can you tell me if it shows any information when you go Start > settings > System > System Information? and go to where it shows the MEID and IMEI.

If you have just flashed a ROM, be sure to make a backup of the NV file that might still be there. It will be located at C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST and will be named VS750_COM??.nvs
If you have one of those files, you should be able to restore your NV and be able to activate it. If not, you'll be stuck with a brick, as there is no way to restore the programming to the phone.

If you have a .nvs file that you have backed up, copy it somewhere besides the LGNPST folder and then do the following:
In LGNPST, with your phone connected, go to the "provision" tab and then select the "data" choice. Click the folder and select the copy of your .nvs file. That will allow you to restore it to your phone and be able to continue using it normally.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Aircel

headhair is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Dear pizzaboy192,
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
It sounds like your phone has been bricked.
Can you tell me if it shows any information when you go Start > settings > System > System Information? and go to where it shows the MEID and IMEI.
I have my NVs safe. MEID & IMEI shown in the System information.

I am attaching Image. May be some other problems. If anybody know
how to get rid of this problem, please help.

Last edited by headhair; 02-05-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: for attaching image
Old 02-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhair View Post
Dear pizzaboy192,
Thanks for the reply.

I have my NVs safe. MEID & IMEI shown in the System information.

I am attaching Image. May be some other problems. If anybody know
how to get rid of this problem, please help.
Did you restore your nvs file? Turn the phone off and hold down the 5 key, then plug it in and load LGNPST and look for VS750_COM3.nvs the select DATA tab and I believe its the last option.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-05-2012 at 02:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom