PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sch-i760
Carrier: verizon

campos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEW LG Fathom Owner

hello guys,

i'm a previous owner of the following phones -

sch-i730
sch-i760

my i760 finally stopped working and verizon replaced it with an LG Fathom.

this is the only site i could find that has a section dedicated to this phone.

are there any programs i should look forward to installing?(i760 had windows 6.1).. i'm new to windows 6.5.

i was looking for a programs like cm wifi hotspot... i tried using the wvga version from xda-developers - [App]HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing[21/07/2009] - Page 40 - xda-developers but i couldn't get it to work.

i have an unlimited data plan(grandfathered) from my previous phone and wanted to keep taking advantage of it.

thank you guys
Old 09-17-2011, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7
Carrier: Verizon

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor
Re: NEW LG Fathom Owner

Absolutely get chainfire's autoclosepatch found on xda. Set your limits to close programs at 3 Mb ram and reopen at 5. When I moved from the SCH-i760, I noticed that running more than 2-3 programs was difficult, as they would dissapear from the running programs list. My i760 would become slow at times, but still would not close programs so aggressively.

Welcome to the forum, and I truly think that the LG Fathom is the best winmo phone ever made (as there will be no more winmo phones).
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

you can try some of my patches. Get stock wm texting and flash to the v5 Rom if you feel daring.
my patches are on my downloads page at pizzaboy192.com/downloads/
I would suggest wmwifirouter for hotspot. Works wonders with that data plan (I have it too)
enjoy
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b

thanks guys,

i'm having the worst time with this phone , i can't find any cooked roms, or any user support really except for this site.

ics instrui didn't work on this phone, i found a post on monaco but that member didn't explain how he got it to work.

i'm using wmwifirouter as pizzaboy recommended but its extremely slow(tethered via usb) vs. ics...

my buddies have htc winmo phones and they all the wonderful htc programs, one of them being cm's wifi program(free)...

my sch-i760 had better support, i even asked verizon if they had any tp2's .... they didn't.

guys, i may return this phone.. i may have to go winphone7... srs... and an htc at that.

i tried using opera mini 5.1.. didnt work well, every time i tried to access the settings option, the program closed.

have opera mobile 10 but i need to use my finger nail to click on links... i have skinny fingers and it only highlights...

-what browser are you guys using.. PIE is horrible... takes too long to load..

-are you guys using a piggy back sms/mms program?

this phone is my only access to the internet/emails, etc... usb or wifi tethering expands my capacity .. i sell items on craigslist, ebay.. etc

i'm not going to give up just yet, i will play around with the phone for the next couple of days and hopefully get this thing working...

shortly i will be installing chainfires autoclose patch as per trysomeothertime's suggestion.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

i am typingt his from my phone using opera 10. double tapping on the screen makes it zoom, and then the phone compensates for a 'finger mash' on the screen as a click.
i use WMWiFirouter witht he 3g to wifi mode. works well.
if you want a free teather app, you can update to the v7 rom, loose a bit of stability, but get a verizon teather app.
going to windows phone 7 will lock you out of teather completely until verizon certifies the latest update.
the reason there's no roms (yet) is becaise the phone came out only a few months before wp7 and people just didn't try to hack it.
i know the pain about the tp2. my mom broke hers last year, and ended up getting our verizon rep to call 72 different verizon stores in the midwest before we found one with a tp2 left. might be one of the last.
i'll be glad to help you with the software help. i've got some apps that i could send you if you can't seem to find the devs to buy them anymore.
plus, i would really suggest removing the arcsoft crap. there's a thread on here by me on how to do it. (arcsoft be gone)
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
i am typingt his from my phone using opera 10. double tapping on the screen makes it zoom, and then the phone compensates for a 'finger mash' on the screen as a click.
i use WMWiFirouter witht he 3g to wifi mode. works well.
if you want a free teather app, you can update to the v7 rom, loose a bit of stability, but get a verizon teather app.
going to windows phone 7 will lock you out of teather completely until verizon certifies the latest update.
the reason there's no roms (yet) is becaise the phone came out only a few months before wp7 and people just didn't try to hack it.
i know the pain about the tp2. my mom broke hers last year, and ended up getting our verizon rep to call 72 different verizon stores in the midwest before we found one with a tp2 left. might be one of the last.
i'll be glad to help you with the software help. i've got some apps that i could send you if you can't seem to find the devs to buy them anymore.
plus, i would really suggest removing the arcsoft crap. there's a thread on here by me on how to do it. (arcsoft be gone)
thank you,

i'm going to look for your write up.. i've been a member here since 2007 and never posted, i was a lurker and used the site to setup up my i760... i love this place...

thank you for the software help... i'm going to keep this phone and customize it as much as i can.

what programs are you using/have installed on your fathom?

i may have a .cab of wvga swype.. would you be interested in that.. i donated to the then developer and he gave me a pre-registered .cab, swyped worked will on my i760(qvga), if i have the wvga, i'll give it a go...

if i don't, can you mod the qvga version over to wvga?

i'm going to use opera 10 more and see if i can modify my finger strokes to work with it.

thank you guys and thank you pizzaboy, i really want this phone to work for me....
Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here's what I've got on my Fathom:
AgEye G-Alarm
My Arcsoft-Be-Gone
a patch I made to enable Threaded Email.
WmWiFiRouter (unlocked trial)
ArkSwitch
Chainfire Autoclosepatch with Insanity settings
SRS WOWHD (Boosts audio output to speakers and out the main speaker)
AppToDate
memMaid
QuickGPS Lite
Google Maps
Advanced Config
Total Commander
BattLineSvc -- A MUST
PHM Regedit
SPB Backup
AMeBa (on XDA, customizes the little X in the corner, single tap is minimize, press-and-hold force closes the app)
WiFiFoFum 2
PocketTwit
Slick messenger
I know the WVGA version of Swype is installable on the phone, but because of the physical keyboard layout, Swype isn't as good as it could be. Good thing that you can just press and hold on the SIP show button and change your SIP to whatever you want.

I've got over 3GB of .cab files on my storage card that I've had installed at one time or another. FPSECE is another good one. The phone is fast enough to emulate any PS1 game you throw at it.
I've also got Taskanium installed. Shows tasks on your Titanium interface.

We've got people starting to finally look into flashing custom ROMs. Mostly because they've discovered a way to boot Android off the SD card (useless to any Verizon user as the main Dev is in India and uses GSM networks, so no CDMA support yet)

I would suggest the V5 rom out of any rom from LG. V7 is too buggy to have even been released. V5 can be patched up to run smoothly.

I've also got a custom lockscreen and theme because I don't like the stock ones.

Hope some of that helps.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b

a few things after using my fathom..

the data/hotsync cable i was given is defective.. the phone soft reset 2x... then it would take long to sync with my pc.

a buddy had a blackberry with the same mini-usb cable, i used it and behold, my fathom sinked in seconds and not minutes.

as for the issues i was having, i went a ahead and did a hard reset... that fixed my interface issues..

what a great little phone.... is anyone using the full version of spb mobile shell?

now i'm confident on going through with pizzaboy's arcsoft removal guide...

i am really liking this phone.. wmwifirouter is working flawlessly and so far 2 droids, 1 iphone, 1 mac and a couple of pcs can accept the signal YAY! this is the connectivity i needed..

what gps programs do fathom users prefer? google maps, windows live???
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
Here's what I've got on my Fathom:
AgEye G-Alarm
My Arcsoft-Be-Gone
a patch I made to enable Threaded Email.
WmWiFiRouter (unlocked trial)
ArkSwitch
Chainfire Autoclosepatch with Insanity settings
SRS WOWHD (Boosts audio output to speakers and out the main speaker)
AppToDate
memMaid
QuickGPS Lite
Google Maps
Advanced Config
Total Commander
BattLineSvc -- A MUST
PHM Regedit
SPB Backup
AMeBa (on XDA, customizes the little X in the corner, single tap is minimize, press-and-hold force closes the app)
WiFiFoFum 2
PocketTwit
Slick messenger
I know the WVGA version of Swype is installable on the phone, but because of the physical keyboard layout, Swype isn't as good as it could be. Good thing that you can just press and hold on the SIP show button and change your SIP to whatever you want.

I've got over 3GB of .cab files on my storage card that I've had installed at one time or another. FPSECE is another good one. The phone is fast enough to emulate any PS1 game you throw at it.
I've also got Taskanium installed. Shows tasks on your Titanium interface.

We've got people starting to finally look into flashing custom ROMs. Mostly because they've discovered a way to boot Android off the SD card (useless to any Verizon user as the main Dev is in India and uses GSM networks, so no CDMA support yet)

I would suggest the V5 rom out of any rom from LG. V7 is too buggy to have even been released. V5 can be patched up to run smoothly.

I've also got a custom lockscreen and theme because I don't like the stock ones.

Hope some of that helps.
thank you, i'm going to start contemplating on app's. many of my old i760 6.1wm apps are no longer updateable.

anyone have luck using overclocking software? i used xcpuscalar with great success on my i730.. could never get it to work on my i760.

thanks again pb
Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by campos View Post
thank you, i'm going to start contemplating on app's. many of my old i760 6.1wm apps are no longer updateable.

anyone have luck using overclocking software? i used xcpuscalar with great success on my i730.. could never get it to work on my i760.

thanks again pb
in all honesty, 1ghz of cpu power is plenty. underclocking would be better to get more battery life.

a lot of the apps I have used, were never updated for wm6.5.x, and they still work fine.

good luck.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom