PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Updating LG Fathom firmware will lock it again? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146180)

alamodein 08-02-2011 10:57 AM

Updating LG Fathom firmware will lock it again?

Hi,

Sorry if its a kind of repost.
I tried searching but didn't find any topic related to my questions.

I have a unlocked LG Fathom which I am using with TATA GSM Docomo network in India. Its firmware is V4. My Questions:

1. If I update it the firmware to V7, will it lock the phone again and I will not be able to use any GSM Sim?

2. Now in V4, GSM works fine, but when I select CDMA mode and put Reliance CDMA sim, it goes kind of hang and does not respond, no network. Why its so?

3. Without any sim it shows reliance CDMA network in roaming mode, but could not program using *228 and Handset Transfer Card. Any Solution?

4. If by chance I am able to program it on Reliance CDMA (without SIM) using *228 and Handset Transfer Card, will I be able to use GSM sim also in it?

Thanks in advance!!!

alamodein 08-03-2011 02:03 AM

Re: Updating LG Fathom firmware will lock it again?

Can anybody reply to it please.
I know there are many people (geeks) in this forum who can reply this easily

Thanks

darren.wlsn1 08-03-2011 05:41 AM

if you dont get a answer look/post here.
LG Fathom update - LG Forum

pizzaboy192 08-03-2011 09:06 AM

I would assume that it will work.
Have you had to put in any unlock codes to make your GSM SIM card work? or did it just work as soon as you put it in?
I have a feeling it'll just work because the phone is designed to be a Global phone and accept any Non-US GSM phone SIM without questions.

alamodein 08-04-2011 01:56 AM

Thanks pizzaboy192 for replying

I purchased it like that.
I didnt put any unlock code, just put the SIM, changed the mode to GSM.UTMS and it started working.

But might be the seller here has unlocked it before selling becuase I have read somewhere that phone does not detected GSM SIMs until its unlocked.

On the other hand, when I select CDMA mode and put my CDMA SIM, it does not detect and hangs, so I feel like its still locked, but not sure

alamodein 08-04-2011 02:02 AM

Hi darren.wlsn1 thanks for the link

pizzaboy192 08-04-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamodein (Post 2134998)
Thanks pizzaboy192 for replying

I purchased it like that.
I didnt put any unlock code, just put the SIM, changed the mode to GSM.UTMS and it started working.

But might be the seller here has unlocked it before selling becuase I have read somewhere that phone does not detected GSM SIMs until its unlocked.

On the other hand, when I select CDMA mode and put my CDMA SIM, it does not detect and hangs, so I feel like its still locked, but not sure

I don't think it will work with CDMA SIM cards because it wasn't designed for them. It will work with any GSM network, but only Verizon CDMA networks.

pirate2 08-19-2011 04:41 AM

Dear Friend

I will not work with Reliance CDMA because its not provisioned for Reliance. Is 3g mode is working fine with it? Can be able to enter TATA Docomo internet settings in it? I want to purchase one new phone. I ask this only because 3g mode is not working when I purchased an AT&T unlocked LG cu920 last month.

Hope you will reply soon.

vkgupta87 08-25-2011 01:36 PM

hey i hav just purchased the same mobile, fathom.,.,,, if u got answer to ur query please mail me at urs.vishal@gmail.com

hymallik 09-03-2011 12:52 AM

Hi I have purchased LG Fathom vs 750 from deals and you website. Can anybody help me how can it be configured for TATA cdma services....! Thanks in advance!:???: