PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Lg Fathom
Carrier: At&t

vincanity is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

ok so i read these and am i to understand that i can get picture msging on my fathom even though its unlocked and using at&t by doing some registry stuff?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincanity View Post
ok so i read these and am i to understand that i can get picture msging on my fathom even though its unlocked and using at&t by doing some registry stuff?
You will need to install an AT&T CAB designed to add the AT&T data plans to the phone. Then you'll be able to get MMS working by setting your MMS servers.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: lg fathom
Carrier: bsnl

movie.wizard is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

hello..jus wany knw how to woek dz gps..

am havin fathom,verzon wireless unlocked.gps can be enabled only when it is in cdma mode.then i cant use my idea gsm which am using .please giv me a clear idea about how to use gps.am fresher..thax a lot in advace..waitn ur reply..
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Enable the GPS in the CDMA side and then switch to GSM mode. The GPS should still stay enabled. I've done it that way and it seems to work fine for me.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Lurker

movie.wizard is a n00b

hi,
thnx for the info.i did the same but no use.when i try with google map.=t give me an error msg "no gps receiver found..make sure the device(inbuilt or bluetooth)turned on.. any hope??
i tried the seetings as mentioned like comport 4,and tried... the other like manage by windows !!but same error.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Lurker

movie.wizard is a n00b
Question Re: Some tweaks for the LG Fathom (disable powermobia w/ caveats, no boot snd/animati

hi,
thnx for the info.i did the same but no use.when i try with google map.=t give me an error msg "no gps receiver found..make sure the device(inbuilt or bluetooth)turned on.. any hope??
i tried the seetings as mentioned like comport 4,and tried... the other like manage by windows !!but same error.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile-USA

WeAreNotAlone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie.wizard View Post
hi,
1: You checked the FAQ's? / run a search?- as a suggestion you might want to start a thread on the subject as this is a "tweak" thread.
2: Please speak (post) in ENGLISH, instead of slang.
3: I made some posts on Amazon on the subject...
IIRC the process is pretty simple-
A: Go to network setting section and switch to CDMA mode and "enable" the GPS location function.
B: Reboot phone.
C: Once phone is up go back in and change from CDMA to GSM.
D: Reboot phone.

Your apps should work at that *point. (Assuming you have GPS radio turned ON)

*Some apps may need to be installed /reinstalled with GPS ON- so app hooks properly.

On my phone:
Google maps
Bing
And a freebie mapping app (name escapes me right now-check posts on Amazon) worked without a reinstall.

Oh, There is a app that pre-installs the list of GPS satellites the phone uses that speeds up the FIRST satellite signal acquire. From what I read FIRST sat signal acquire can take a long time (20 mins -/+) without that database.

(Once the database is updated you should get GPS signal within a minute or so- Clear sky or course.)

Check the posts on Amazon, or thread on Howardforums on the VS750 for name of app....

Old 12-11-2011, 09:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rezound, Bionic, TP2
Carrier: verizon

markreif is just getting started

Hey There.... I just picked up a Fathom from Amazon - updated to L7, ran the tweaks supplied by eatbuckshot successfully and then turned everything off the Today screen and installed Mobile Shell 3.5 along with MSkip-ProPlus_Freedom_Full_3.5.5_-W-VGA_20101201 from Mskip and finally added Resco's FIle manager and SKtools.
Having used an HTC TP2 and and HTC Imagio booth rooted and customized with various ROMs and also currently using a Rooted Droid X with Liberty 2.0 I have to say the Fathom as it stands is now Numero Uno - Thanks!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Lurker

movie.wizard is a n00b

hey bro,am not a tech guy,,,buy want to ask you,if i remove the arc soft sms app from my phone,whether i get windows sms sending application back automatically??
Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie.wizard View Post
hey bro,am not a tech guy,,,buy want to ask you,if i remove the arc soft sms app from my phone,whether i get windows sms sending application back automatically??
Yes, as long as you edit the registry appropriately or use an uninstaller.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Tags
default winmo sms, disable powermobia, disable startup animation