PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Themes & Wallpapers

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
[How-To] Themes and Ringtones!

Note: In order to do this you need to be Jailbroken and know how to SSH, learn how to do that Here!

Themes

Now you need to install Winterboard to easily change themes. just open cydia, search for winterboard, and install. The "springboard" is that thing on your phone where all your icons are, the main UI basically. This enables you to Theme. You just open the Winterboard app after install and toggle what you want. In order to use themes, just download them to your hard drive and SSH them into your phone.

you click on the ".." at the top of the folder list on the right screen in WinSCP to go back one directory, it defaults to "root" After you go back one directory you will see some folders. open "stash" then "themes" now this is where you store your downloaded theme folders, just stick them in here.

Now you can open Winterboard app and select the theme you want to use. When you hit the Home key, it will respring automatically for you (could take a min) and re-load with your new theme intact.

now just enjoy it or modify it with the included instructions. Take a look at this forum for some awesome themes.

for the more complicated UI changing themes you will have to download and use some more components, such as "Categories" (from cydia) and "IBlank". I would recommend you install both of these from Cydia right now.

To add your custom ringer! Another slam on the iphone is that you can't set MP3s as ringtones, and it is harder than $%&^ to just put your own music as a ring tone. This is true, thanks apple. Here's how I do it, if you know if a better way reply in this thread and I will edit this post.

1) download Iringer http://www.iringer.net/ (bottom of the page)

2) open Iringer.

3) click "import" and import your MP3 (yes I know the ads are annoying but it's sorta free)

4) click export (if you try to export to scp it say you have to pay $, not to worry you can manually SSH it)

note: it will only export the first 30 seconds, as the iphone cannot support a longer ringtone.

5) open My Documents > Iphone Ringtones and find your file ****.m4r

6) SSH into your iphone (see above) and double click the .. to get out of root (go to an earlier directory) and go to stash, find the ringtones folder, open it and move your new m4r there.

7) you're good to go, now you have your custom ringtone. Let me know if this does not work or confusing

Last edited by orangekid; 05-24-2010 at 11:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: wm5
Carrier: att

kvyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [How-To] Themes and Ringtones!

thanks for the info.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: vodafone

markwallk is a n00b

Thanks for sharing the information. Actually we have also another option for downloading the themes and ring-tones that is iTune Apple Store.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: any
Carrier: vodafone

tonybosell is a n00b
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Note: In order to do this you need to be Jailbroken and know how to SSH, learn how to do that Here!

Themes

Now you need to install Winterboard to easily change themes. just open cydia, search for winterboard, and install. The "springboard" is that thing on your phone where all your icons are, the main UI basically. This enables you to Theme. You just open the Winterboard app after install and toggle what you want. In order to use themes, just download them to your hard drive and SSH them into your phone.

you click on the ".." at the top of the folder list on the right screen in WinSCP to go back one directory, it defaults to "root" After you go back one directory you will see some folders. open "stash" then "themes" now this is where you store your downloaded theme folders, just stick them in here.

Now you can open Winterboard app and select the theme you want to use. When you hit the Home key, it will respring automatically for you (could take a min) and re-load with your new theme intact.

now just enjoy it or modify it with the included instructions. Take a look at this forum for some awesome themes.

for the more complicated UI changing themes you will have to download and use some more components, such as "Categories" (from cydia) and "IBlank". I would recommend you install both of these from Cydia right now.

To add your custom ringer! Another slam on the iphone is that you can't set MP3s as ringtones, and it is harder than $%&^ to just put your own music as a ring tone. This is true, thanks apple. Here's how I do it, if you know if a better way reply in this thread and I will edit this post.

1) download Iringer http://www.iringer.net/ (bottom of the page)

2) open Iringer.

3) click "import" and import your MP3 (yes I know the ads are annoying but it's sorta free)

4) click export (if you try to export to scp it say you have to pay $, not to worry you can manually SSH it)

note: it will only export the first 30 seconds, as the iphone cannot support a longer ringtone.

5) open My Documents > Iphone Ringtones and find your file ****.m4r

6) SSH into your iphone (see above) and double click the .. to get out of root (go to an earlier directory) and go to stash, find the ringtones folder, open it and move your new m4r there.

7) you're good to go, now you have your custom ringtone. Let me know if this does not work or confusing
Thanks sharing for very important information over here which is given by you. After reading your full information, I am very impressed and I will try to change theme and add or download any type ring tone in my phone. I will more help you, So I will back to you.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 谷歌
Carrier: 10086

67GGH is a n00b

Thank you for your suggestion, sounds very good
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Eathelin

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You can easily download 3d themes for iphone.It is easy to install and it takes hardly a minute to do that. Even using adobe photoshop you can customize your iphone by creating themes by your own.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Rudisky is a n00b

RMaker for the iphone/ipod will convert any song in your phone to a ringtone and it's free. The only problem is the short amount of hoops you have to jump through. Once you make your songs you need to reconnect your phone or ipod to itunes on your computer. Go to "Apps" in apps scroll to the bottom where the store data apps are. Click on RMaker; copy the songs into an empty file folder somewhere you won't forget (maybe in your music file labeled "Ring Tones") I recommend changing the names as each song will have the number it was created first which makes the name long when your deciding what to have as your girlfriends number. Finally Ctrl+A drag into your tones in iTunes. This will drop them in. Presto you know have your very own ringtones from any song in your library. Also you can record something to make a ring tone as well. You can upgrade to the pro but really you just need the free version. I know this sounds confusing but really once you do this a few times you will be thankful. If my words are to hard to follow there is a video by the guy who created it linked to the app. Good luck and enjoy.

-Rudisky

PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Themes & Wallpapers