PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Apps/Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   **Most Popular/Wanted Iphone Apps** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116923)

GirlGoneGeek 04-04-2010 02:52 AM

**Most Popular/Wanted Iphone Apps**

• RDP - Remote Desktop Your Computer From Your Iphone
  • Palringo - Chat with other Palringo users. Be sure to join the group PPCGeeks
  • Skype - Chat with your Skype friends from your Iphone
  • iheartradio - Free Radio (same as BB)
  • eReader - Read books online
  • google earth
  • pandora
  • chipotle (order from your phone)
  • flixster (awesome movie app)
  • shazam
  • i****tail (shows you how to make lots of mixed drinks with pix)
  • Bing
  • classics2go collection - FREE app, has 60 books including the odyssey, the illiad, huck finn, tom sawyer, illustrated "christmas carol" , Dracula, Pride and Prejudice and a lot more
  • TextPlus - Free, unlimited group texting anywhere in the world, app to app (Also Available on Android)
  • TweetDeck / Twittelator / TwitPic - All Top Twitter Apps
  • I Am T-Pain - Sing into your Iphone and be auto tuned like T-Pain
  • Facebook / FB Fun - Easy access using the facebook icon to all your new notifications and updates
  • Zinio - Magazine and Book reader
  • EzList Plus - Creative Notes/Tasks with different Templates to choose from
  • Ebay - Shop and Browse Ebay from your Iphone
  • jibbigo - type or say in english and it says it in another language.
  • redlaser - scan barcode on product or merchandise and it shows better prices elsewhere.
  • opera mini - is really great alternative web browser which is very fast, much faster than safari IMO
  • card counter - for those black jack players. teaches you how to count cards.
  • flash photo - i really love this app because since iphone doesnt have flash on camera it takes picture and automatically brightens it
  • gps drive - another fantastic app which its gps does a turn by turn with voice.
  • scanner 911 - police, firefighter and emt live scanner.
  • voice alarm - speaks for itself
  • facecall - click on picture instead of name by the way picture almost takes up whole screen which for me is good.
  • Photostudio - Awesome photo editing app on the iPhone, this is a must have!
  • All in one gamebox - Just a bunch of games that are bundled into one...super cheap!
  • Hipstamatic Camera - This is a toy camera simulator that takes awesome retro photos, this is a must have as well.
  • Sex Offenders - shows you all the registered sex offenders in your area.
  • Monopoly-Here & Now: The World Edition. Carla plays it at least once a day.

GirlGoneGeek 04-04-2010 05:14 PM

Re: **Most Popular/Wanted Iphone Apps**

If you have more suggestions feel free to post them. I'll be glad to add them to the list.

orangekid 04-05-2010 08:57 AM

google earth
pandora
chipotle (order from your phone)
flixster (awesome movie app)
shazam
i****tail (shows you how to make lots of mixed drinks with pix)
Bing
classics2go collection - FREE app, has 60 books including the odyssey, the illiad, huck finn, tom sawyer, illustrated "christmas carol" , Dracula, Pride and Prejudice and a lot more

GirlGoneGeek 04-05-2010 06:12 PM

Nice, will have to get these when I get home. I'm still new to this. Weve had Iphone for 2 years and just now really using it, ha. Thanks for the share orangekid. :)

orangekid 04-05-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1681623)
google earth
pandora
chipotle (order from your phone)
flixster (awesome movie app)
shazam
i****tail (shows you how to make lots of mixed drinks with pix)
Bing
classics2go collection - FREE app, has 60 books including the odyssey, the illiad, huck finn, tom sawyer, illustrated "christmas carol" , Dracula, Pride and Prejudice and a lot more

by the way that app is called Icoc ktail (without space)... the language filter is kind of annoying sometimes ](*,)

ducylowycz 04-07-2010 09:59 AM

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Photostudio - Awesome photo editing app on the iPhone, this is a must have!

All in one gamebox - Just a bunch of games that are bundled into one...super cheap!

Hipstamatic Camera - This is a toy camera simulator that takes awesome retro photos, this is a must have as well. The original hipstamatic camera was made by two brothers from Merill WI and there were only 157 ever made. Before they could build a production plant they were killed by a drunk driver. I might have a biased opinion about this one cause I'm from WI, but this app really does take some awesome photos!

nolo25 04-25-2010 03:41 PM

hello great app is jibbigo - type or say in english and it says it in another language.
redlaser - scan barcode on product or merchandise and it shows better prices elsewhere.

opera mini - is really great alternative web browser which is very fast, much faster than safari in my opinion

card counter - for those black jack players. teaches you how to count cards.

flash photo - i really love this app because since iphone doesnt have flash on camera it takes picture and automatically brightens it.

gps drive - another fantastic app which its gps does a turn by turn with voice.

i enjoy family feud game. lots of fun.

scanner 911 - police, firefighter and emt live scanner.

voice alarm - speaks for itself

facecall - click on picture instead of name by the way picture almost takes up whole screen which for me is good. more coming soon. if i was any help click thanx

GirlGoneGeek 04-25-2010 04:30 PM

Thanks to you all for sharing :D Updating the first post now! :)

orangekid 05-06-2010 11:21 AM

"Sex Offenders" apparently shows you all the registered sex offenders in your area.

Carla 05-06-2010 07:57 PM

Monopoly-Here & Now: The World Edition. I play it at least once a day.

orangekid 05-07-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1738784)

updated first post thanx

GirlGoneGeek 05-07-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1738784)

Did you get the Ipad in? I assume you did ;) haha, enjoy these addicting games :D

orangekid 05-07-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1740176)
Did you get the Ipad in? I assume you did ;) haha, enjoy these addicting games :D

Since she posted in the iPhone thread I figured she had an iTouch

GirlGoneGeek 05-07-2010 04:36 PM

right, right, right

but some could be played on her fabulous new ipad too ;)

orangekid 05-07-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1740189)
right, right, right

but some could be played on her fabulous new ipad too ;)

fo sho

Carla 05-08-2010 01:44 AM

I have a Touch and an iPad. Not to mention numerous other iPods throughout the years that are in a drawer or closet somewhere.

GirlGoneGeek 07-17-2010 04:00 PM

Runkeeper is my new most favorite app for running. :D It not only lets me enter my gym exercises too but also does everything most runners apps do like smartrunner for wm but more. :D It is 9.99 a month and soooooo worth it!

appyzilla 09-14-2010 01:00 AM

with hundreds of apps releasing in app store everyday and the life span of apps are so short. so it is really hard to keep a fav

appyzilla 09-14-2010 01:04 AM

soundhound beats shazam ...more features than shazam and great display

another fav is zombie highway what a great game but thn i love all zombie games

GirlGoneGeek 09-14-2010 11:01 AM

My latest favorite is now having the official Netflix app on the iphone and being able to watch movies....at work. shhhh :p

orangekid 09-14-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1944261)
My latest favorite is now having the official Netflix app on the iphone and being able to watch movies....at work. shhhh :p

I can't wait for the Android version so I can watch movies on my 4.3" HD2 :)

schettj 09-15-2010 05:26 PM

Netflix app for Android on the way, but it could be a long wait

Or the phone you buy after your HD2 ;)

orangekid 09-15-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 1945790)

no way man I'm keeping the HD2 for a while, it runs android better than most android phones :grin:

NIKKG 09-21-2010 02:48 PM

Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste. Personally, I don't watch any movie unless its being played on my 50" lcd with blueray quality video on my htpc. I don't even bother with DVD rips anymore, its all HD from now on. If your gonna watch a movie, you might as well get the full experience.

Also, I highly recommend you get an HTPC and put on Media Center and start a movie collection, nothing beats it, I have almost 400 movies on it and its like scrolling through a jukebox because they all have movie posters. Just awesome.

fozmsu 09-21-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1951068)
Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste. Personally, I don't watch any movie unless its being played on my 50" lcd with blueray quality video on my htpc. I don't even bother with DVD rips anymore, its all HD from now on. If your gonna watch a movie, you might as well get the full experience.

Also, I highly recommend you get an HTPC and put on Media Center and start a movie collection, nothing beats it, I have almost 400 movies on it and its like scrolling through a jukebox because they all have movie posters. Just awesome.

Netflix is great on the iphone when you have a grouchy child in public. Usually shuts him up quick when nothing else works. It's only slightly more convienant than lugging a 50" LCD around in my back pocket. Don't even ask where I carry the satellite dish :confused2:

GirlGoneGeek 09-30-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1951068)
Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste.

mmmm my Iphone screen isn't much smaller than the Droid x ;) Movies are great for me on it.

orangekid 10-01-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1961342)
mmmm my Iphone screen isn't much smaller than the Droid x ;) Movies are great for me on it.

I dunno Court,

3.5" on a phone is significantly smaller than 4.3"

My iphone looks tiny next to my HD2, and watching live football games/movies is a lot more enjoyable on my HD2

Bonbons 03-16-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducylowycz (Post 1685508)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Photostudio - Awesome photo editing app on the iPhone, this is a must have!

All in one gamebox - Just a bunch of games that are bundled into one...super cheap!

Hipstamatic Camera - This is a toy camera simulator that takes awesome retro photos, this is a must have as well. The original hipstamatic camera was made by two brothers from Merill WI and there were only 157 ever made. Before they could build a production plant they were killed by a drunk driver. I might have a biased opinion about this one cause I'm from WI, but this app really does take some awesome photos!

I always have my eye out for good picture apps, of course now all I need is the iphone lol

Backgammon 03-10-2012 07:07 PM

For backgammon fans I can definitely recommend Masters of Backgammon. You can get free version to try out.

I have both iPhone and Android and play on both.

If you know any other backgammon apps that are really good, please pm me.

BigZeb 03-13-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fozmsu (Post 1951556)
Netflix is great on the iphone when you have a grouchy child in public. Usually shuts him up quick when nothing else works. It's only slightly more convienant than lugging a 50" LCD around in my back pocket. Don't even ask where I carry the satellite dish :confused2:

Lol.

I watch a lot of live sport on the iphone. Sure sometimes you cant see where the balls gone but really handy to dip in and out of when on the move. Anyone know any good live sports / highlights apps??

myra52 04-01-2012 06:25 AM

It’s simple to maintain, if you do you allow the nail care longer, it can certainly really elongate short, stocky hands. As a rough guide, glance at the shape of the cuticle towards the bottom of your nail, and mirror this in your own filing.
Show your P90x exercise routine schedule to them, In the event that you want to impress your family and friends. How remarkable could it be to find out a continuous development of weight reduction, increased power and tightening and one glance at the worksheet and one glance at you’ll certainly get rid of the need to ask does P90X actually work. It’ll be before their eyes.

jhonsmith 06-04-2012 06:46 AM

Awesome! Thanks Guys for sharing it all. :)

maddiematt 06-26-2012 02:57 AM

My favorite apps are temple run, subway surf, madcoaster, and Maddie and Matt for my niece and nephews.

mmatt 07-04-2012 11:25 PM

My top apps for iPhone are Instagram, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Temple Run, and MadCoaster. For my iPad my top apps are Draw Something and Maddie and Matt.

Koile 08-14-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backgammon (Post 2172329)
For backgammon fans I can definitely recommend Masters of Backgammon. You can get free version to try out.

I have both iPhone and Android and play on both.

If you know any other backgammon apps that are really good, please pm me.

Thanks, great app!

Maria Lynette 07-16-2013 04:50 AM

Well, nice collection. But you have missed few apps. iPhone is most preferred for business purpose, you have missed some important business apps like Evernote.

kevinwallace 07-18-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlGoneGeek (Post 1680036)
  • RDP - Remote Desktop Your Computer From Your Iphone
  • Palringo - Chat with other Palringo users. Be sure to join the group PPCGeeks
  • Skype - Chat with your Skype friends from your Iphone
  • iheartradio - Free Radio (same as BB)
  • eReader - Read books online
  • google earth
  • pandora
  • chipotle (order from your phone)
  • flixster (awesome movie app)
  • shazam
  • i****tail (shows you how to make lots of mixed drinks with pix)
  • Bing
  • classics2go collection - FREE app, has 60 books including the odyssey, the illiad, huck finn, tom sawyer, illustrated "christmas carol" , Dracula, Pride and Prejudice and a lot more
  • TextPlus - Free, unlimited group texting anywhere in the world, app to app (Also Available on Android)
  • TweetDeck / Twittelator / TwitPic - All Top Twitter Apps
  • I Am T-Pain - Sing into your Iphone and be auto tuned like T-Pain
  • Facebook / FB Fun - Easy access using the facebook icon to all your new notifications and updates
  • Zinio - Magazine and Book reader
  • EzList Plus - Creative Notes/Tasks with different Templates to choose from
  • Ebay - Shop and Browse Ebay from your Iphone
  • jibbigo - type or say in english and it says it in another language.
  • redlaser - scan barcode on product or merchandise and it shows better prices elsewhere.
  • opera mini - is really great alternative web browser which is very fast, much faster than safari IMO
  • card counter - for those black jack players. teaches you how to count cards.
  • flash photo - i really love this app because since iphone doesnt have flash on camera it takes picture and automatically brightens it
  • gps drive - another fantastic app which its gps does a turn by turn with voice.
  • scanner 911 - police, firefighter and emt live scanner.
  • voice alarm - speaks for itself
  • facecall - click on picture instead of name by the way picture almost takes up whole screen which for me is good.
  • Photostudio - Awesome photo editing app on the iPhone, this is a must have!
  • All in one gamebox - Just a bunch of games that are bundled into one...super cheap!
  • Hipstamatic Camera - This is a toy camera simulator that takes awesome retro photos, this is a must have as well.
  • Sex Offenders - shows you all the registered sex offenders in your area.
  • Monopoly-Here & Now: The World Edition. Carla plays it at least once a day.

Great list of iPhone apps you shared here. All these apps are popular and interesting.

appsgoer 07-27-2013 07:29 AM

Temple Run 3 for iPhone Games

Taboo Tyke 09-01-2013 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW iPhone adventure game TABOO TYKE!!!

What happens when a curious baby boy gets out into the world unsupervised?

Adorable and curious, the world is a different place through the eyes of Baby Tyler. A construction site can become a play pen and a jungle can look like candy. Wanting to explore, this little tyke escapes his room and sets off on an exciting adventure and it's up to you to keep him safe. Guide him through the hazardous zones by sliding platforms up and down at just the right moment to avoid falling, wicked monkeys, pesky pelicans, or other dangers. Don't let your attention falter, or Baby Tyler can get into some big trouble! Get ready for a wild adventure and plenty of fun with Taboo Tyke!

Please help complete the Taboo Tyke iPhone game by funding the last stage of the development of this game! Check out our Kickstarter to support Baby Tyler or look at our website! Thank you!

Kickstarter: Discover Projects » Search — Kickstarter

umeshk 09-24-2013 04:21 AM

Nice sharing!
Please take a look at us, we have thousands of hits and page views.
I have another app Called Goinout - The Social Nightlife Network.
Goinout is a Social Nightlife Network that allows you to find the best parties, events and deals and at the same time you get rewarded for using the app. All in one place. Easy. Powerful. Affordable.