PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adwords
Carrier: jgtht

kathiny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intocircuit S5000 High Capacity Power Bank Charger for Iphone Review

This is a review of Intocircuit S5000 5000 mAh dual output port External Battery for Iphone:
intocircuit | Power Bank

As I continue to explore the available options for external charging of our phone, I'm trying to find a product that pushes envelope of capacity while still offering a small footprint. At the current moment S5000 is one of the leaders in this category. With dimensions of 142mm x 71mm x 15mm and approximate weight of 240g, this is one pocket/purse friendly portable unit. With a piano finish shiny exterior and a round power button at the bottom, it might even resemble a certain early gen smart phone True, it's not exactly feather light, but with such a high capacity (5000 mAh @ 3.7V for a true 37Wh) and 15mm in thickness I found it to be very portable.

S5000 offers micro-USB port input capable of supporting fast 1.5A charging of this external battery unit, something which is very important so you don't have to spend the whole day waiting for it to charge up and can get from zero to 10k in about 8h-9h if you are using 2A usb AC adapter. Output has 2 ports labeled "Apple" and "Android". I found no difference where both of my Note 2 and Nexus 7 were able to charge from either port in AC mode. What makes this extremely flexible is that either of these ports can supply up to 3A of current. You don't have to worry about one port being capped at 2A and the other at 1A. You will get super fast charging from either of the ports. You can also charge from both of the ports simultaneously but a total current draw can not exceed 3A. So if you have two Note 2 phones or Note 2 and latest iPad - the internal circuit of this device will go into auto-shutoff to prevent it's damage. A really great feature to safeguard your external battery and charging devices.

Once you press power button, you get 4 neat blue led circle indicators each one corresponding to 25% battery increment. While you're charging S5000 those leds indicate the progress and will turn off when charge cycle is complete (a safety auto shut off). When you are ready to start charging and connect S5000 to your device, you will need to press power button to start charging. While everybody is using regular usb to micro-usb straight wire cables, Intocircuit supplied with their S5000 a very unique coiled usb cable with an adapter that can accept 4 included tips (micro-usb, mini-usb, 30pin Apple, and small round connector I have seen on some no-name tablets). These tips have a very secure attachment and you don't have to worry they will get disconnected while being pulled by a coiled usb cable. I actually found this coiled cable to be very unique since it helps resolve a clutter usually left by untangled cable. There is also a traveling mesh pouch which is great to pack S5000 along with the cable and the tips so you don't loose anything.

This is definitely a great product for anybody who is looking for external charging of your device when you are on a go and need to replenish your battery as fast as you can. Also, it's very portable for its capacity. Plus, Intocircuit is a trusted brand name and they support this product with 18-month warranty where you can return it for replacement or refund for any reason under their unconditional return policy. I highly recommend this product!

Here are the pictures to get an idea of S5000:

PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Accessories