PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone Planning on getting the iPad 2?

Did anyone else on here order the iPad 2? I'm sure not that many will admit to it since this site is more dedicated for the Android/Windows crowd.

I was holding back on the iPad 1 because I didn't want to be a beta tester, but I went ahead and ordered the iPad 2 ATT 64GB White model the minute it went on sale on Friday. Since I am one of the first, its supposed to ship out in 3-5 days, so I'm just waiting for it to ship. I heard now the wait is 4-5 weeks and they sold nearly 1 million during the weekend and now supplies are running low.

Did anyone get a chance to use it? I played with it on a display at BestBuy for a couple of minutes, I was very impressed by how thin it is and its speed, the programs opened instantly and web pages loaded very fast. Overall, this thing seems like a beast that raises the bar even further, I just wish mines would hurry up and ship!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I've been thinking about getting due to GarageBand. I'm always looking for ways to expand my music creativity. I've always wanted and MacBook Pro (still do) but I sort of don't have a job right now. So yea I plan on getting an iPad 2 soon.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Anyone Planning on getting the iPad 2?

I like my iPad1 still
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I'd like to have one. That dual-core A5 is a sweet processor, but honestly I am leaning towards an Android tablet
Old 03-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I'd like to have one. That dual-core A5 is a sweet processor, but honestly I am leaning towards an Android tablet
The problem with Android tabs is that there really isn't much apps for them. A tablet isn't as fun if they don't have apps built specifically for it. Thats what makes the iOS devices so much fun, its the quality apps they have since the hardware now a days are all similar to each other whether they are Android-iOS-WP7. I'm sure Android tablet apps will grow in the next year or two, but for the time being, its iPad 2 all the way!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

you make a really good point, and honestly jailbroken you can do so much with an iPad 2, plus it comes unlocked so I can actually put my tmobile SIM card in it and use my regular data plan. Maybe i will get an iPad 2 if I can find one for a decent price.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
you make a really good point, and honestly jailbroken you can do so much with an iPad 2, plus it comes unlocked so I can actually put my tmobile SIM card in it and use my regular data plan. Maybe i will get an iPad 2 if I can find one for a decent price.
Do you have any spare organs...? They're $$...hah:

Chinese teen sells kidney for an iPad 2
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I actually returned my iPad 2 a couple weeks ago. It was a good device, but I got a the ATT Galaxy Tab for 200 bucks through ATT.com and I couldn't resist a good deal. I saved over 600 by returning the ipad. In comparison, the galaxy tab is ok if you flash the newest Overcome ROM, however, nothing and I mean nothing beats out the iPad 2.

The iPad2 is just runs more fluid and is more fun. The only cool thing about the Galaxy tab is that it runs Flash videos. When they come out with an iPad 3 with a Retina display, that will be a keeper. Overall, Android still has a ways to go before beating out any iOS device. I was thinking of getting an Android phone like the Galaxy S II later, but I think instead I'll upgrade to an iPhone 5 just because iOS is so much better and smoother.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series