PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Get your ATT/T-mobile sim card working in your iPad

found this at Modmyi,

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-news/7...k-ipad-3g.html

if anyone here on ATT is brave enough to try, let me know how well this works. We can do a clean how to on it.

per this post it works with tmobile sims too

Last edited by orangekid; 05-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Get your ATT/T-mobile sim card working in your iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
found this at Modmyi,

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-news/7...k-ipad-3g.html

if anyone here on ATT is brave enough to try, let me know how well this works. We can do a clean how to on it.

per this post it works with tmobile sims too
I was hoping that I'd see more on this topic by now but...

Anyway, I just got done swapping my friends iPhone 4 microsim into his iPad and still have no internet. I'm thinking that AT&T are blocking IMEI numbers on their end.

It'll probably work with TMobile, but it doesn't work out of the box with AT&T sims.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I can now confirm that with the shipping OS on the iPad that you can take an AT&T iPhone 4 sim and place it into the iPad to get internet without adding a separate plan.

What I missed the first time was to change a setting under APN from broadband to phone. You need to do this AFTER you switch the sim. This setting is under Settings, Cellular then APN. Also note this will switch back to broadband if you swap sims again.

Don't know if iOS 4 will break this feature but it is working now.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ok, what happens if you put your iphone 4 sim in an iPad to use the internet than someone calls you? Or what if you get a cellular card for a laptop to get free internet, do you still get missed calls?

Is there anyway to copy just the data portion on another sim card so you can use the internet free on the laptop and still get calls on your iphone?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

no, if you use your iPhone 4 sim or cut reglular SIM in an iPad or laptop you cannot get calls, but you will get free data, I don't think there's any way to get calls, however, if someone calls you they should get voicemail, and when you put the SIM back in the phone you will be able to access your voicemail.

You can use Skype tho from your iPad for phone calls, I think they may have a hack to get the mic working for phone calls.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

For my 3G I just signed up for the Unlimited plan, which then caused me to have to buy the $25 for one month plan to get them to transfer it to unlimited blah blah...Either way I am not using a SIM though, they just needed IMEI and a couple other numbers and it was instantly wonderful. I am brave but I don't know if I want to go cutting up SIM cards lol.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
For my 3G I just signed up for the Unlimited plan, which then caused me to have to buy the $25 for one month plan to get them to transfer it to unlimited blah blah...Either way I am not using a SIM though, they just needed IMEI and a couple other numbers and it was instantly wonderful. I am brave but I don't know if I want to go cutting up SIM cards lol.
I'd do it just to do it lol
Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Completely off-topic, but ATT customer service was amazingly nice when I did call. A+ for that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series