PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Peer to peer help!

We are trying to play 10 pin shuffle peer to peer. It supports over wifi and over blue tooth but we can't work either way.

How do we get Bluetooth pairing between pads? What about wifi we were in Starbucks connected to attwifi can't find each other over wifi. What are we missing?

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 06-15-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Peer to peer help!

If I had one I'd be able to troubleshoot, I need to go get one already...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I have an idea

Send both iPads to me, I'll be happy to figure it out and send them back with full instructions... some day, lol!

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Oh Geeze you two! I was all excited seeing I had two replies. I thought Yay! The calvary has arrived... yeah.. no.

OK here is the status... I had my son come over with his iPod. He doesn't have room for 10pin shuffle and didn't want to buy it, cheapskate! So we tried a free karate app, using home wifi his iPod and my iPad connected no problem, using BT no problem. (btw you don't have to "pair" the products just have BT on on both.)

So, this Saturday when I have 2 iPads back together again, I'm going to try again. But I'd still like some help if it comes to it.
Possible reasons for our failure:
1. It is the actual game that has the problem. So we'll try the Karate game that did work here at home with the iPod/iPad.
2. Might not work on "local/public" wifi IE: Panera/Starbucks/no password needed connections? So, well I have no solution until 4th of July when we can try it on personal wifi. But why would it matter what wifi we were using so long as we were both connected to the same? Do public hotspots present the issue? If so why wouldn't BT work?
3. BT, we tried to pair adn gave up... or did we try it w/o pairing? I can't remember so we'll try that again. I also read you have to turn off wifi then do game play over BT.

The easiest answer. COURTNEY!!!! Get you and Mike on your iPads and try out 10 pin shuffle v1.4 over wifi and/or BT and tell me if it works peer to peer!!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah I have no friends, let alone no friends with ipads, so i cant help ya LOL
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Its frustrating. I want to kick his butt on peer to peer and I can't connect! LOL We can swap one device back and forth to play but we both use the excuse that its not "my own" therefore I play lousy...
LOL hrrmmm maybe I don't want to make this work, what excuse will I have left?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:04 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
1. It is the actual game that has the problem. So we'll try the Karate game that did work here at home with the iPod/iPad.

2. Might not work on "local/public" wifi IE: Panera/Starbucks/no password needed connections? So, well I have no solution until 4th of July when we can try it on personal wifi. But why would it matter what wifi we were using so long as we were both connected to the same? Do public hotspots present the issue? If so why wouldn't BT work?

3. BT, we tried to pair adn gave up... or did we try it w/o pairing? I can't remember so we'll try that again. I also read you have to turn off wifi then do game play over BT.
How did those turn out?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

I'll let you know Saturday. The only one I know with iPad lives about an hour away so work week doesn't pan out for peer to peer.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM

cool,

we'll get it handled
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series