PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Benefits of Jailbreaking the IPAD

What will be the benefits of jailbreaking my ipad. What do i get that i dont get with the stock ipad. Im new to this so i want to learn before i do anything. TIA

Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Benefits of Jailbreaking the IPAD

you can completely change your theme. Here are some examples.

Mac OSX Theme:

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...s-ipad-008.png

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...s-ipad-010.png

glass orb

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/259/ipad1.png

and many many more, including video wallpapers.

YouTube - Video wallpaper for ipad

More settings and toggles so you can modify everything on your iPad.

Emulators! You can play some of your favorite oldschool games on it!

(check this video out of playing Mario Kart 64 using a WiiMote)

Mario Kart 64 For Nintendo 64 On iPad Using Wiimote

Multitasking! you can use backgrounder with pro-switcher to have a palm Pre-like multitasking experience.

and other reasons as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

enough reason to jail break it?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

cydia
Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm happy with 4.2 beta.

BrennB
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Development