PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

I have included a link to custom ROMs in this tutorial
I have included a link for Gmail setting in this tutorial
**NOTE**
IF YOU ARE IN A CRICKET AWS MARKET YOUR DEVICE MAY NOT WORK

1st off credit is due to those that wrote these programs I only take credit for putting this all together.

To be effective and avoid trouble everything here must be done in the order written.

**Note**
Your device, if you brick it, it's your fault not mine!

Install the following before anything else http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=347537 (thanks edru)

#1 use msl grabber to get the msl/spc code found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560
install via activesync or sd card and run on ppc.

#2 unlock with the 2.31 unlocker listed here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370
Read and follow the direction. VERY IMPORTANT!

#3 flash this sprint 6.1 ROM to update radio "WARNING DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN" SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS AUTO CUSTUMIZATION IN 3 SECONDS. This is for GPS1 to work.
http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogu..._2.04_Ship.exe
To do this connect USB to computer then Press power camera and Reset to get to bootloader red green yellow screen and connect to cable then run the exe file. DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS.
After this point you may need to run the unlocker again.

#4 Go to the following and download
QPST and windows htc driver http://www.4shared.com/file/15364011...m_Drivers.html
activesync4.5 http://www.4shared.com/file/10189370...actsync45.htmlfor XP machines only Vista users use windows device center.
Vista users will need this driver (Thanks to Sergey123456 from XDA)
Install QPST on computer
Install htc drivers on computer
Install Activesync 4.5 on computer
Put phone into diag ##3424# or (snd) mode & connect to computer. computer should connect and find new device
run QPST configururation and add new port till you find your phone.
Here is a small picture tutorial for this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1265073951
Now in QPST run from top menu start clients service programing.
Select phone
Read from phone imput spc/msl code from the grabber.
Then enter 000000 in the service programing field.
Write to phone
now while in QPST lets get your GPSone set up for cricket.
Go to the GPS1 tab and uncheck all the boxes then recheck them.
then enter the following
pde ip address 209.210.15.72
pde port # 8888
pde transport IP
Position calculation mobile
Write to phone
close out

I would recommend now to flash a custom ROM here is a link to some of mine. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=1
Install on a FAT32 formated 2gig or less msd card and rename to VOGUIMG.NBH THEN INSERT CARD AND PUT PHONE INTO BOOT LOADER AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

You will need a cricket PRL to load through PST setting. (included in my rom) or you can download one from here or here.

then go to post #28 it will help you set up your pst setting correctly.

Install the cricketwapmms cab if you are using another ROM not linked here.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE MMS CAB FROM HERE and then do the following GPS Registry edits after installing desired ROM: or install the attached cab.
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS"
"GPSMode" value="2"
"ServerPort" value="8888"
"ServerIP" value="209.210.15.72"

Do not try to open a data connection untill you have cricket service on the phone.
To authinticate your user name 10digit#@mycricket.com
you must have service.
cricket WAP/MMS/GPS cab http://www.4shared.com/file/21282994...icket_WAP.html

If you are using one of my new ROMs you do not need the MMS/WAP cab and no further registry edits are needed.

If you are having issues with the original carrier setting reverting back try looking through these addtional QPST setting.

For working Gmail follow this link. and yes it really works. Confirmed on 5 devices now.

Credits go to
Baffles for the MSL grabber,
ImCokeMaN for the unlocker and his great tutorial
Ryanmogul6800 on XDA for his great software and his perfect PST setting.

Questions belong in threads not PM's!

New forum for flashers http://cdmagurus.com

Please allow upto 24 Hrs for your questions to be answered. If it is pressing try PMing me or contact me @ the above website. I check here once everyday as I moderate on other forums.
Attached Files
File Type: cab whitey10tc cricket GPS Fix.cab (1.3 KB, 191 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-01-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added Vista driver
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Awesome!!I'm definitely saving this one!Thanks for posting this here!! Now I don't have to send someone to howard forums to get this info.Great Job!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Cricket

housry23 is a n00b

This really helped me out. Thanks whitey. I used your rom to flash my Sprint HTC Touch 6900 to Cricket and everything works fine. What I am wondering is why did you remove Windows Marketplace for Mobile? I am not bashing you or saying anything bad, because I like the rom, I was just wondering if there is a reason for removing this app. When I go to Windows Marketplace for Mobile website it asks for my phone number to send me a text with link, but I don't think Cricket supports this, because I never received the text. Do you know where I can download the app, so I can install it to my phone. Thanks for your help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
This really helped me out. Thanks whitey. I used your rom to flash my Sprint HTC Touch 6900 to Cricket and everything works fine. What I am wondering is why did you remove Windows Marketplace for Mobile? I am not bashing you or saying anything bad, because I like the rom, I was just wondering if there is a reason for removing this app. When I go to Windows Marketplace for Mobile website it asks for my phone number to send me a text with link, but I don't think Cricket supports this, because I never received the text. Do you know where I can download the app, so I can install it to my phone. Thanks for your help.
Not all market place links work with crickets proxi server but Market place will be included in my future builds along with bing, my phone, office, live search will also be included. As for a cab I saw one over on xda. Just a note not all links from market place will work through crickets proxy server.
My next build will be out this weekend. Some highlights of my upcoming release are
WM 6.5 build 23506 more finger friendly
GPS reg edits preset
WAP/MMS fix preset
Google maps (newest version)
Facebook Mobile App
Market Place
Microsoft tag reader.
I will post some screen shots tomorrow
Old 11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
Here's the cab over on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=568806
Old 11-26-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Awesome!!I'm definitely saving this one!Thanks for posting this here!! Now I don't have to send someone to howard forums to get this info.Great Job!!

+1 on that. someone should sticky this.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: Bell

nasjatt is a n00b

Thanks for the info.. look complicated but i will have to read few time before trying it.
but one question..
I am with Bell and my GPS isn't working so can i try this as well or no?

thanks

Last edited by nasjatt; 11-28-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: more lines added
Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasjatt View Post
Thanks for the info.. look complicated but i will have to read few time before trying it.
but one question..
I am with Bell and my GPS isn't working so can i try this as well or no?

thanks
The steps are the same but you will need different setting! Take a look through this thread it has the correct setting that you need and there is a cab for the Reg edits somewhere in the thread.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

updated first post with two new ROMs

I've updated the first post with two new cricKet ROMs.
You do not need any cricket MMS/WAP cabs or do any registry edits they are preset for cricKet.

They are both wm 6.5
Build 28004 is a big button ROM finger friendly.
Build 21869 is the regular look and feel.

Both have M2D and Motosurf home screens.
Market place
Bing
Googlemaps
Microsoft Myphone
MSN weather
Office Mobile
Clean Ram
Facebook Mobile
Opera 10 Beta
Palringo and
Rss Hub just to name a few.
All the needed registry edits for GPS, MMS and WAP have been preset for cricKet.
Any requests or suggestions let me know.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: (Updated 11-29-2009) How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS

Nice work whitey!! I recommend you start a thread with your Roms and this info in the Vogue Upgrades Forum. You could put your Roms in the thread and then put a link in it to your first post in this thread. Then you don't have to repost all of the info in this thread to the new one. Or you could have this thread moved to the Upgrades Forum. Again, Great Job!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue