PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: T-mobile

Kader is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Always on Roaming network

Hello
I have a sprint Vogue that I unlocked and flashed to Verizon I keep getting Welcome to the american roaming network. I searched the forum's with no luck. What I'm trying to do is activate the phone with page plus. I can also activate it with Ntelos, but I'd rather page plus. When I pull up the bootloader I see SPL-2.31.Coke CPLD-3. Can anyone help me fix this please, I know how to program the phone and about the msid. I just cant get the phone to pick up anything other then roaming network with any type of rom I flash.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Always on Roaming network

I am not familiar with those carriers. Maybe you need to contact someone from one of those carriers and ask them what settings you need. You may need to use a different radio than the one you have. You may need to use a specific PRL for your area. I wish I could help more.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

It looks like howard forums has a section all about page plus .Here's a link :http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=364
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you added your ESN to the Page plus system and yes the forum that horndoctor refered you to is a great place to start.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kader is a n00b

Thanks for the link. I couldnt get view ppcgeeks web pages for a couple of days for some reason. Oh would you happen to know how I can change the PRL? maybe thats what I need to do. I have the PRL for both companys but I dont know how to change it in the phone.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
Thanks for the link. I couldnt get view ppcgeeks web pages for a couple of days for some reason. Oh would you happen to know how I can change the PRL? maybe thats what I need to do. I have the PRL for both companys but I dont know how to change it in the phone.
Transfer the PRL files from your computer to phones my documents via active sync then enter PST ##778# or ##778snd, edit, PRL, Update PRL file, menu, edit, browse, choose the PRL, ok, menu, ok, update items, reset phone.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kader is a n00b

Cool thanks for the PRL idea. I did find the right PRL for Verizon from www.corolada.com/prl/. Its ##775#, then you put in the sublock (000000) or w/e it is. I only put that here just incase someone is looking for this. I got it to work and no more of that American roaming network. Only problem is the phone keeps that roaming tringle up there. But I don't get charged any roaming fees. Thanks again for your help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
american, network, roaming, sprint, vogue