PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

SonicChuck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900 VZW Data problems

So here is the story guys. I updated my ROM to NFSFANs 6.5 ROM. Everything worked great, except the data. Everytime i tried to connect, it tells me the username and password is incorrect. I've contacted Verizon tech support 3 times. Each time they took me through the basic steps of putting in the username and password: (my number)@vzw3g.com / vzw. And then proceeded to tell me they have no idea why it isn't working. Data worked perfectly before the ROM update, so I then relocked the device with IMCoke's .40 unlocker and went back to the stock Verizon ROM. It didn't help, and I am still getting the Wrong Username and PW error. On a side note, sometimes it will connect OK. But it is rare. I would say once out of every 10-15 attempts. Do you guys have any idea how I can fix this? I much appreciate any insight!

SonicChuck
Old 09-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: XV6900 VZW Data problems

I suggest you go over to xda and read through codybears faq on unlocking and flashing the Vogue to NFSFANs rom. Read through it several times because there is probably some minor step you missed. Did you hard reset after the rom flash? Maybe after the hard reset enter the settings you were stating and then soft reset and see if it works. I'm pretty sure though that if you go through codybears faq very carefully you will figure it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue