PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: CricKet

edru is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue+Android+CricKet - How Do you Activate Google Account?

So I have my vogue fully flashed to cricKet - data and all - works fine in WinMo. I then loaded Android to the mSD card and most builds I find work fine. I was able to edit the default.txt with the needed username/password info - then went into the connection settings and edited the APN for "Android" to reflect the correct proxy settings and user name - left most of the stuff as it was - and I got data working fine now.

My problem is this:
I cant sync my Google Account. It will never connect, even though I can hit the web via browser error free. So was wondering if anyone had any info on this.

My theory is that its connecting the same way in which WinMo would connect to an IMAP or POP server for Outlook. cricKet will not allow that some how (i think they block ports via the proxy), but using active exchange sync with google works fine. So I'm thinking the port issue may be related.

I attempted to go into DevTools and use the Googe Account option to see if there as anything in there to mess with but i would receive an error and it would terminate before I would even see anything.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Vogue+Android+CricKet - How Do you Activate Google Account?

My assumption is that it may be Android related. Android is definitely not 100% right now. You may want to try to talk to someone at Google and try to get them to troubleshoot. It may be as simple as a setting that you need to enter or a specific address. Dunno
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800, 6900, 6850, 6875 (currently)
Carrier: US Cellular

diamondfuel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
My assumption is that it may be Android related. Android is definitely not 100% right now. You may want to try to talk to someone at Google and try to get them to troubleshoot. It may be as simple as a setting that you need to enter or a specific address. Dunno
check out seven.com and download the beta software. it will automatically setup your email and sync even your google contacts as well as doing the email thing. multiple email carriers are supported.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

yeah except the whole "cant connect to email thing" i was mentioning in the first post. Appreciate the help but this is a carrier thing Ive come to find. Someone else was having the exact same issue as well as someone with boost i believe.

I guess all non contract carriers have proxies.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: Cricket

Kokgo20 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kokgo20 Send a message via Yahoo to Kokgo20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edru View Post
yeah except the whole "cant connect to email thing" i was mentioning in the first post. Appreciate the help but this is a carrier thing Ive come to find. Someone else was having the exact same issue as well as someone with boost i believe.

I guess all non contract carriers have proxies.
Hey edru
Is there any way that you can walk me threw fully flashing my Touch(6900)
To Cricket?
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried proxi cap there is a thread over on Howard Forum about it with a walk through to set it up. Also if you can find an independent dealer that will switch your phone to a QA4 in the cricket data base, it adds the $15/mo. HTML data plan and allows Email and faster speeds.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kokgo20: Search google but especiially the HowardForums - a vast amount of info - if not send me a message/email and I can send you all the documents/roms/cabs you will need.

whitey10tc: Yeah I just saw that recently and it got my email working - but its for windows... So what happens when i boot into android?

Thats one thing I have never got; Does android run ON TOP of windows mobile, or does it force it into a crash to boot Android?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue/htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

mumbles2167 is a n00b

what do you edit in the default.txt to gt the internet to work for cricket while running android... please reply..

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue