PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6900
Carrier: Alltel

Lost My Mind is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Restoring my phone

My phone locked up recently. I'm on alltel, I have WM 6.1 official rom. It completely locked up on me. I couldn't get past the green WM 6.1 boot-up screen.

I pressed call, end, power, and the little little tiny button you need a pen to push. That gave me a reset. I wasnt worried about loosing my contacts, because I charge using my computer, which in turn autoactivates active-sync and backs them up.

They are still on my computer. I can see them. My computer won't properly connect now using activesync.

The problem only happened after my phone needed to be reset. I did restart my phone, and I also tried with Settings>Connections> Usb to PC> there was a checkbox with an option about advanced connection (or something to that effect), tried that box both checked and unchecked.

Somewhere on the internet it said to delete the mobile device from the PC's activesync, but when I tried, it warned doing so would delete my backed up info, including contacts. So I cancelled.

What should I do to get activesync to recognize my phone again???
Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Restoring my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Mind View Post
My phone locked up recently. I'm on alltel, I have WM 6.1 official rom. It completely locked up on me. I couldn't get past the green WM 6.1 boot-up screen.

I pressed call, end, power, and the little little tiny button you need a pen to push. That gave me a reset. I wasnt worried about loosing my contacts, because I charge using my computer, which in turn autoactivates active-sync and backs them up.

They are still on my computer. I can see them. My computer won't properly connect now using activesync.

The problem only happened after my phone needed to be reset. I did restart my phone, and I also tried with Settings>Connections> Usb to PC> there was a checkbox with an option about advanced connection (or something to that effect), tried that box both checked and unchecked.

Somewhere on the internet it said to delete the mobile device from the PC's activesync, but when I tried, it warned doing so would delete my backed up info, including contacts. So I cancelled.

What should I do to get activesync to recognize my phone again???

could be a bad flash or a bad usb cable. my cable is going and im having issues as well. try to hard reset your phone one more time to be sure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

While I can't help with the Active Sync issue, I will say you might want to look for a secondary form of b/u once you get things up and running again. Look @ MS MyPhone or Dashwire. Both will b/u info on your device wirelessly. For complete b/u solutions (i.e. PIM data, registry settings, apps, etc), look @ SPB Backup or Resco Backup

Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I would copy your contacts and whatever else you want to save from your pc to a new folder first. Then delete the partnership with your device on your pc and your device. Then resetup the partnership with your device and your pc and put your contacts and other data back where it is supposed to go.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

ok here's my advise, its a lot like horndoctor said, only if you use activesync that means your contacts are all in Outlook, and to backup your contacts from Outlook you can just export them to CSV file using File -> Export. This really a simple procedure that just saves your contacts as a single file in a location you specify, so remember where you save it and what you name it !!!

then if something should go terribly wrong, you can then restore those precious contacts using File - Import.

*edit* remember when exporting contacts you must SELECT ALL to backup all of them

Last edited by puff; 08-30-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add snipet about select all when using export function in microsoft outlook
Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6900
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Lost My Mind is just getting started

Ok, I followed EVERYBODY'S advice, and gave you all thanks on this post.

Geekcop - I thanked you because I never even knew you COULD make an exact copy of how your phone runs RIGHT NOW, a TRUE backup. Programs, settings, contacts, registry.....EVERYTHING!!!! So, while this didn't fix my posted problem, it will prevent it from ever happening again!!! YAY!

HornDoctor - I thanked you because this advice is what ended up working for me to solve the problem.

Puff - I thanked you because you got a little more technical and indepth about it. So, I DID follow your advice...but it ended up not needing to be taken that deep. Although I'd rather you have given advice that ended up not needing to go that deep, then needing advice that goes deeper then anyone knows. That way, even if the situation isn't that deep...you still learn something! YAY!

fixxxer2008 - I thanked you because you were the only one who taught me it might have been hardware based. My cable is actually fine though. In the future though, maybe it might die out, and i'll know theres more then just software to think about.

In the end, somehow even though I hard reset, some info retained. My weather still knew my zip code. And once I deleted my activesync partnership, it instantly started restoring my contacts. I had already saved the outlook file elsewhere, but it didn't even need me to import it. It just started working!

So, yay for me!

Last edited by Lost My Mind; 09-01-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Glad to have been of service. SPB Backup saved my Treo more times than I can count
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue