PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: T-Mobile

Touch-ee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Call volume, speaker quality, etc

The speaker on this phone is pretty poor, both the loudspeaker on the back and the ear one on the front. I find I have to put the speaker right over my ear hole and hold it tight to hear the person im talking to if I'm out in at a bar or something. This has the worst speaker quality of any phone I have ever had. Is there anything that makes it loader / better?

I like this phone because it’s Windows Mobile, its small, and it’s light. But it does seem VERY cheaply made. Already I have had the screen problem. Some of the coating on the case is already scratching off, like around the stylus where my finger nail ribs etc. And this screen seems to be completely covered with finger prints that are not easily wiped off. Most phones when you get finger prints on the screen you can just wipe it clean with your shirt or something. Not this one.

There are just a lot of little things about it I don’t like. I have a Blackberry Bold from work, while I don’t like blackberry’s very much it is just much better made. All metal frame, metal slot covers, leather back, very solid, sturdy construction, much brighter, clearer screen and superb speaker quality. This Touch just feels very cheap.

Any thought on any of this? Maybe it’s just because this is one of the low end PDAs and maybe the lowest end HTC?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Re: Call volume, speaker quality, etc

Install this cab it should help. This was made by vin and I use it in every rom I test, because I know it is how I want the earpiece volume. Let me know if it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab AudioParaVogue.cab (2.1 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Touch-ee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Install this cab it should help. This was made by vin and I use it in every rom I test, because I know it is how I want the earpiece volume. Let me know if it works for you.
Ok I installed that. I think its better. Is there any config for this or do you just install it?

Last edited by Touch-ee; 08-29-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Look here this will help to . Thanks T M Z

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1870986
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Touch-ee is a n00b

Ok I got it. It did make the external speaker a lot louder. I'm not sure how much it improved the front though. But thanks a lot you really have been a big help. I really do like this phone for the most part, just a lot of little things getting be down a bit.

Thanks again!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue