PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon xv6900
Carrier: z

Manana is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with vogue sound

Hey i have nfsfans 6.5 v13 rom. the problem is my ringtone will not play when someone calls. it will play if i get a text or something else. my ringtone is the only thing that doesnt play. if i set it on ring and vibrate, it wil only vibrate. i have tried reflashing but the problem appeared after a week or so. with both times, i installed nitrogen, the ppc battery andperformance registry tweak, nodata, and mortscript. please help me. thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Problem with vogue sound

Are you using a custom ringtone?If so did you put it where the stock rings are? It should be a wav file.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manana is a n00b

its an mp3 but it used to play. it plays if i demo it in my sounds and notifications. it stopped working after a week.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Is it in the Windows folder or the Window/rings folder?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manana is a n00b

windows.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

See if you can locate where the stock ringtones are. I think there in windows/rings or windows/ringers or windows/ringtones...something like that. Then pu your ringtone in the same folder then go back into sounds and notifications and reselect your ringtone. Then wait at least 30sec and then soft reset and see if that fixes it.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manana is a n00b

that didnt work. i moved it the the windows/rings and set it from there then waited for around 30 seconds and soft reset
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Hmmmm...Well can you convert the file to wav format on your pc or redownload it in wav format and do what I said again? Otherwise, maybe it is a bug with the custom rom.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Manana is a n00b

ok ill try that. is there a converter for the vogue? like a cab?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

I suggest you convert it using your pc or laptop. I know there are programs for this. It might be easier to find it in wav format and redownload it. Actually, there is a consolidated ringtones thread in the ppc software forum on this site that has a ton of ringtones in it. You may find it there. Also, it may be a possibility that your ringtone file is corrupted somehow. I wish you luck!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue