PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mrhacker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The best stuff for Vogue?

I have seen several tethering cabs and have one installed on my phone (dharvey internet fix) and it works great. I recently bought a Voyager Pro bluetooth and I can't voice dial by pressing the answer button on the Voyager. I suspect the tethering fix may be preventing the voice dialing, but not sure. I was thinking of restoring the phone to factory settings and starting fresh to see if the tethering fix is the issue.

I would like to know the following; Did the fix break my ability to voice dial or is it the Voyager? What is the best fix for tethering? What is the best blue tooth headset for my device for someone in the construction business?

I am also interested in changing the UI on my phone too and I am a rookie at configuration changes so need it to be simple, thanks!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: The best stuff for Vogue?

I doubt the tethering fix caused your problem but if it was a cab install just uninstall it soft reset and see if that fixes your issue. I recommend looking at the touch faq thread for the reg edits for tethering. Then download phm regeditor and edit the registry yourself. Do a backup first to your storage card before editing just to be safe. There could be a problem with your bluetooth headset. I would say search and research reviews on headsets for the Vogue or for WinMo in general and see what you find. I personally don't have one so I can't recommend one. For ui changes you have several options: spb mobile shell, point ui, manilla 2d etc. You will just have to research and see if something catches your eye and try it. Good Luck!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

mrhacker is a n00b

So you are saying I don't need a cab file to tether just edit the reg? Thanks
Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yes, just check out the HTC TOUCH FAQ Thread and look in the reg hacks part and it's definitely in there.That's what the tehering cabs do-they edit the registry. I think it's only a couple of easy edits. I recommend using phm registry editor.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vouge

12money is a n00b

I use have vin255764 rom for vouge it is great. Make sure to read FAQs on unlocking and flashing.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62108
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue