PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricket

smilewhenlifeishard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face i want to flash my phone

hi i think i might be posting in the wrong place but not sure anyways. i am wanting to flash my sprint htc touch from cricket to verizon.(moving and cant take the service but can not part with the phone) if any one can help me out here i thank you in advance.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc inspire hd
Carrier: at&t

LessThanZero is keeping up the good workLessThanZero is keeping up the good work
Re: i want to flash my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilewhenlifeishard View Post
hi i think i might be posting in the wrong place but not sure anyways. i am wanting to flash my sprint htc touch from cricket to verizon.(moving and cant take the service but can not part with the phone) if any one can help me out here i thank you in advance.
Not sure if you can do that. Sprint is cdma and Verizon is gsm. I may be wrong but I don't think you can use cdma on gsm.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G
Carrier: T-Mobile

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

Verizon isnt GSM they are CDMA also so this can happen definatly. Just be sure to use a ROM thats either set up for Vzw or have a carrier cab for Vzw. I personally use JTs roms and he uses Vzw so they are automatically set up for the carrier but others like NSFans ROMs and others most always have the carrier cabs on the thread to download with the RRUs.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmar08 View Post
Verizon isnt GSM they are CDMA also so this can happen definatly. Just be sure to use a ROM thats either set up for Vzw or have a carrier cab for Vzw. I personally use JTs roms and he uses Vzw so they are automatically set up for the carrier but others like NSFans ROMs and others most always have the carrier cabs on the thread to download with the RRUs.
Not so much. In fact, you don't even have to change the ROM to swap carriers. He needs to change the PRL, then he can flash a carrier cab and such if he doesn't want to do it manually. BUt the most important part is getting them to accept the ESN, don't waste your time if you can't get that...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G
Carrier: T-Mobile

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks PDA, i read a bit wrong there and was thinking they were wanting to mod the phone too... my bad.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5
Carrier: Sprint

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Not so much. In fact, you don't even have to change the ROM to swap carriers. He needs to change the PRL, then he can flash a carrier cab and such if he doesn't want to do it manually. BUt the most important part is getting them to accept the ESN, don't waste your time if you can't get that...
Exactly what I was thinking... I'm pretty sure it's still near impossible to get any company to accept the ESN if it's not in their database already.

There should be a way to do it though. I think it's required by law now that phone companies must let phones migrate to and from compatible networks. Just to confirm... Verizon and Sprint do both use CDMA technology so the phone is definitely compatible with both networks.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thanks guys i had learned how to flash my phone from here before thats how is on cricket now.=D>
Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ok heres the thing i have already flashed it to cricket the only thing that does not work on it is the mms and so my question is that i have the gps working on it now and i have read that alot of people have a hard time to get the gps work with verizon what rom is the best for it and that has everything working right on it now. a big plus would be if the mms worked to.

thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I suggest NFSFANs 6.5 rom. I recommend you go over to xda and read and reread codybear's faq on flashing the Vogue. I'm pretty sure that the instructions given are for flashing to NFSFANs rom but still apply if you want another rom. Also, I highly recommend Whosdaman's roms. If you look in the Vogue Upgrades Forum you will find several roms. Happy Flashing!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yea i have his rom on my phone now i love it the only thing i have a problem with is it freeze's sometimes when i am in the middle of doing something i know how to flash my phone i flashed it already for cricket i am just thinkin about switchin it to verizon . so all i should have to do is switch the carrier cab,right?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue