PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hero Android Vogue - Near Perfect!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmar08 View Post
good deal... i have plenty more that 130MB free on my card to try it. Ill give it a shot tonight.
Sorry, I may not have been clear enough. You need to have around 130MB free after you have put all the android files on the card.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G
Carrier: T-Mobile

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

so i went ahead and dove right in to test out this Android with Hero. the only way i could get it to work was having everything that was on the zip file copied over to the device and the mem card except for the system.img--- i was playing around with it a bit and seems rather interesting but then again there are some stuff that was just strange. like how most of the buttons are different. Also how do ya add other stuff to it for add ons for the home screen and all. I was gonna try some of the other builds but couldnt get them going. Tornadog mentioned the missions rogers system img and saved it instead of the normal system img and it didnt work. well everything is a learning experience because the directions are not really too much for noobs. if anyone has better easier to understand instructions on this process please lead me to it..
Old 08-13-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue touch
Carrier: sprint

BcardiFred is a n00b

ok i done everything i could try nto get the hero to work om my sprint vogue i used the default txt 1 was a blank blinking screen tried 2 got nada used 3 went through but loads up but heeps going from "hero" to "htc " on the load up and stays stuck there can anyone help out what am i missing?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison View Post
It's normal, we know about it and we (as devs) are working to fix it. The hero build contains some htc code for the radio interface that's a little different.
We're trying to get it fixed.

Thanks for the info. Great Job on this port as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

penone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcardiFred View Post
ok i done everything i could try nto get the hero to work om my sprint vogue i used the default txt 1 was a blank blinking screen tried 2 got nada used 3 went through but loads up but heeps going from "hero" to "htc " on the load up and stays stuck there can anyone help out what am i missing?
Hey Bcardi.

I had the same issue as you. I got it to work (somehow) by doing a few soft resets. I also made sure that there were no other programs running in the background.

As the title to the thread says - "near perfect" - am looking forward to seeing if someone can get the bluetooth working but once/if Sprint brings us an android phone I'm picking it up.

-P.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue touch
Carrier: sprint

BcardiFred is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by penone View Post
Hey Bcardi.

I had the same issue as you. I got it to work (somehow) by doing a few soft resets. I also made sure that there were no other programs running in the background.

As the title to the thread says - "near perfect" - am looking forward to seeing if someone can get the bluetooth working but once/if Sprint brings us an android phone I'm picking it up.

-P.

Hye PenOne thnx for that lil info wasnt sure if just keep letting it go throuhg that cycle or what. just 1 questuion are you running it on your SD card or your main memory? because i'm on SDcard so reset brings me back to 6.5
Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G
Carrier: T-Mobile

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

I know i am running it on my sd card because thats just too much space it would take up to keep it on the main memory so a soft reset will always bring it back to the ROM you have loaded because of Android also being basically like a program you are running off of it. I could be wrong but im sure thats how its always suppose to work. Does anyone know of a way for Android to be closed to go back to 6.5 without having to do a soft reset each time? also does this build not have an option for the camera feature on the Vogue? I was looking all over the menus and couldnt find it at all.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work

Love the Android camera. It's 100 times better than the htc camera in my opinion. Anybody know of a camera version similar to the android one for the touch in wm 6.5?

Seems as if it would be a perfect world if we can toggle between UI's
Old 08-13-2009, 01:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

penone is a n00b

I'm running off my SD card and I too go back to WM after a soft reset.

AFAIK there is no way to NOT get back to WM after the reset. The android program runs like any other program - except you can't exit out of it and go back to WM.

For me it takes at least a minute to go from the htc logo to the application start. And once i do get in I always get the "Process System is not responding" dialogue but I choose Wait instead of Force Close and then all is fine.

-P.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

I'm having the proccess not working msg to; Any ideas on why it's coming up? Any way to identify what's causing it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
android, buttons, hero, vogue, works